Sequel: Undecided
Status: Compleat!

Unexpected

Happy 11th Birthday

Cat's POV

"WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY!" someone yelled to my left. I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach.
" Cat it's our birthday. We're FINALLY 11!" I rolled over and shot up as Mollie's words registered in my brain.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I inquired and looked at Mollie and Hermione who were standing at the foot of my bed. Molls already in this years birthday dress. It was yellow obviously but it was a soft yellow that made her look like she was glowing.
" I tried to but you threw a pillow at me, then a book, when you shot a stunning charm at me so I went to get Hermione."
"Sorry about that I was up late finishing my homework."
" Why didn't you wait to do it until Sunday like a normal person?"
"She wanted a free weekend, didn't you." Hermione replied.
"No, if i don't get my sleep on Sunday no one can come near me on Monday unless they have a death wish." Mollie just nodded and tossed me my birthday dress that looked exactly like hers only light blue. (The dresses...)
"Thanks, hey what's that?" I asked as I changed into my dress and slipped on my sliver flip flops.
"What's what?" Mollie and Hermione asked at the same time.
"This box." I said picking it up. It was small and wrapped in dark blue paper with a silver ribbon. I took the ribbon off and Molls tied it in my hair like a head band and started curling it. Hers was already curled. I pulled the paper off and saw a flat black box siting there on the inside of the paper was a note.
Happy Birthday, I was trying to think of something that could compare to your beauty but all I could think of was that there is nothing. So I made these, a new breed just for you. They are called Shooting Stars.
Love, Your lover from afar.
I read the note and looked at the box curiously. Wondering what the person was talking about. Was it jewelry or something else?
"What is it?" Mollie asked. "And who is it from?"
"I don't know and I wish I knew, look." I handed her the note and her and Hermione read it.
"AWWWWWWWW SO SWEET!" They both squealed after they read it.
"Open it!" Mollie yelled. I smiled and opened the lid of the box. All I saw was some dirt and a slip of paper.
Add water
I took the ladle from the bucket of water and poured some on the dirt. A second later, a bouquet of large midnight blue and sliver star shaped flowers were sitting there in my hands and the small box had grown to fit the large number of flowers.
"WOW!" All there of us whispered. I stroked the soft smooth petals of the flowers in awe.
"That is some extraordinary magic!" Hermione commented as she looked at the flowers. I picked one up and tucked it into my curls behind my ear.
"Hey we both got flowers from a boy for our birthday! Look what George gave me!" Mollie exclaimed and held up a bundle of huge sun flowers. I smiled at her and her huge smile.
"I think some one likes you Mollz." I teased as I walked out of our room with her and Hermione and down the stairs. She blushed and I just grinned. "Hey Hermione do you think we should meddle?"
"Oh yes I do believe we should!"
"PLEASE DON'T!" Mollie begged as we made our way down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Neville was waiting for us in our normal breakfast place at the end of the table.
"Morning Neville!" all there of us chorused as we sat down next to him.
"Morning girls, happy birthday Cat and Mollie." He said smiling as he handed us each a box. We thanked him and opened them up and looked inside to find a bracelet with a charm on it, mine was a star and Mollie's was a sun. We both smiled and thanked him again as we put them on.
"These are from me." Hermione told us as she handed us each a package. We took them and ripped them open. They were books.
"Nice slacking 101! THANKS HERMIONE!"Mollie called excitedly.
"The history of the Lady Moon?" I asked her curiously.
"It's a myth about how the moon is actually a spirit and when ever she feels that mankind is in danger she sends her spirit to be placed into a baby girl to save the world. I know you're fascinated with the moon so I thought you'd like it." I smiled at her and nodded.
"Thank you Hermione!" She smiled and nodded. I was just starting on my pancakes when a shadow fell across us.
"What are you wearing?" a very recognizable voice sneered.
"None of your business Dorkfoy." Mollie scowled as we turned to look at him.
"Mom and dad make us wear a party dress every year on our birthday. It's the only dress we have to wear all year. Normally the only dress we do wear, we hate them." I explained to him.He rolled his eyes but then he stopped mid roll and looked at the left side of my head.
"Nice flower." He stated looking at it still.
"Thank you, it was a gift for our birthday."
"She got it from her secret admirer." Mollie scowled at him. I was still looking at him trying to figure out what was wrong with him and I could have sworn when Mollie said secret admirer his cheeks went a little pink. He shook his head and handed us each a package.
"Here this is from my parents, apparently your mom and my dad used to be friends."
"Yeah well we-" I covered Mollie's mouth with my hand.
"Tell you parents thank you from us will you?" He nodded and walked away. "Mollie open it and be nice about it, after all mom and Mr. Malfoy did used to hang out when they were younger."
"Fine." She sighed and pulled the paper off her present. It was a yellow and gold shimmery scarf. It matched her dress perfectly so she wrapped it around her neck."Well I assume Mrs. Malfoy picked this out, she has good taste." I smiled and opened mine. It was a midnight blue and sliver purse. I smiled and opened it. There was a place to put everything in there even if it was really small. I picked up the book Hermione had given me and put it into the purse. It slipped in fitting nicely and the purse didn't look like it had a large heavy book in it, it even felt like the book didn't weigh a thing.
"It has a non detectable expansion charm and a feather light charm on it." Mollie told me looking at the note that came with the purse.
"Your scarf will let you fly and change color and design to match every outfit." Hermione told Mollie after reading the note that came with her scarf. She smiled and stroked the scarf.
"Mrs.Malfoy does have god taste!" I exclaimed with a smile just as two owls landed in front of us carrying two packages. "MOM AND DAD!" I yelled with Mollie as we ripped open the package with our name on it and found all of our favorite muggle candies and a camera each so we could document our birthday and send them back to mom and dad so they could share our birthday with us too. We took pictures of us and Hermione and Neville, our dresses,and our gifts. Then Mollie took a picture of George I took one of Draco Malfoy after I chased him down to tell him we love our gifts.

Mollz, Hermione,Neville and I spent all day goofing off and taking pictures. That night when we entered the Great Hall for supper we were met by birthday decorations, and a huge banner that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY CATHERINE AND LADY MOLLIE! I looked up at the banner and growled. Mollie and Hermione laughed at me and Hermione changed it to just Cat and Mollie. I smiled and hugged her as Professor McGonagoll led us to a special table at the front of the room.
"Umm, Professor, could Hermione and Neville sit with us please?" I asked her blushing at all the attention.
"Yes PLEASE! It would make us much more comfortable if they could." Mollie added blushing just as red.
"Of course, anything for you girls. By the way happy birthday." We smiled and nodded at her as she went to retrieve Hermione and Neville. We sat in our seats and waited. When she came back with our friends Hermione sat next to me and Neville sat next to Mollie. Dumbeldore stood up and led the whole hall in the Happy Birthday Song and then the feast started. When everyone was done eating there was a HUGE cake that Mollie and I cut together. I noticed that Hermione and Neville were taking pictures for us for our parents. I smiled at them in thanks and started handing out cake to every one. Once everyone had cake we sat back down with our cake.
"You two are hating this aren't you?" Neville asked us with a teasing smile.
"Every second of it." we both grumbled threw our fake smiles.
"Then why are you smiling so prettily?" Hermione asked just as teasingly.
"There fake, we're good at making our fake smiles look real." I answered.
"We've had a LOT of practice since we got here." Mollie added taking a bite of cake. I smiled at her for real land took a bite of my cake. It was REALLY good. It tasted just like the cake Grandma Ashling used to make for our birthday every year. I thought that since she died last winter we would never get to have our favorite cake again. I looked over at Mollie and saw her eyes were wide. "It's Grammy's cake!" she whispered in shock.
"I know, I never thought we would get our favorite cake again."
"Me too.' We looked at each other and smiled for real. We wouldn't need to use fake our smiles anymore tonight.
"Cat, Mollie, why are Apollo and Artemis here?" Hermione asked pointing up at the ceiling. I looked up and saw them up there. They both made a loud noise getting the attention of every one in the Great Hall. Everyone looked up and exclaimed in shock. Artemis and Apollo started to fly around in a bunch of fancy patterns entertaining everyone. Once they were done they flew down and rested on their respective person's shoulder.
A laughing Dumbledore stood up and looked out at everyone. "Well now that we have enjoyed this wonderful party and that extraordinary entertainment I do believe that it is time for everyone to disperse and carry on with their lives. Happy birthday once again girls." He said and winked at us as everyone got up and started to leave. The four of us stood up and walked out of the Great Hall with everyone else. When we got out the dorms I walked to the oak front doors and went out for a walk under the cool bright moon. I reached the bottom of the stairs and noticed a person sitting there on the last step.
"Are you ok?" I asked looking at the person. They jumped and looked up. It was Draco.
"Yeah I'm fine, I just needed some quiet."
"Well in that case, I'll leave you to it." I said and started to walk off.
"Where are you going?" he asked standing up.
"On a walk."
"May I come with you?"
"Alright then, I suppose you can if you want to."
He nodded and fell into step at my side. Artemis took flight and started circling up in the sky.
"Why don't you hate me like your sister does?" he asked out of no where as we reached the lake and started to walk around it.
"You never did anything, yet, to make me hate you. As a general rule we try to be nice to everyone, Mollie however hates it when people interrupt her, correct her, or make fun of her. I know you did the first two, I'm not sure about the third, but it's hard to tell what she thinks of as making fun of her."
"I see, so what do you hate when people do so I know how to avoid doing it?" I laughed lightly and smiled.
"I hate people calling me Lady Catherine, I hate people bowing to me, I hate being told I can't do something, and I hate when people pick on my sister or are mean to my sister." I told him and glanced side ways at him looking for his reaction. He looked up at the sky and appeared to be thinking.
"So you want to be treated like a normal person, you want to do what ever you want to do, and you want everyone to be nice?"
He looked at me. I smiled and nodded.
"You should smile like that all the time, you look really beautiful when you do."
I smiled wider and looked down blushing a bit. Thank goodness it's dark. I looked back up at him and saw he was watching me. In the moonlight his eyes looked silver, it was fascinating. The wind picked up and blew my hair around and knocked my lower loose. Draco caught it carefully and placed it gently back in its place. I felt my skin heat up and tingle where he touched me. What does that mean I wonder?
We walked around the lake and then went back in, Artemis on my shoulder. One of her feathers fell out and I handed it to him. He took it and looked confused. I smiled at him.
"Thank you for tonight. Keep it, it means Artemis likes you and she'll help you if she thinks you need help." I turned and walked up the stairs and went up to the common room.
"Where were you?" Mollie asked me.
I walked over and flopped into the over stuffed armchair.
"On a walk around the lake."; I told her as I smiled and stroked Artemis as she perched on my knee, "What does it mean when a boy makes you feel special just by being with him, he can make you happy and make you blush at a compliment, and your skin heats up and tingles when he touches you?"
"It means you're in love with him." Hermione answered.
"I can't be in love, I'm 11!" I exclaimed wide eyed.
"Cat I'm in love and I'm 11, now SPILL!" Mollie told me.
I looked at her and sighed. I can't tell her about Draco.
"You wouldn't understand and you would be mad." I told her.
"Just tell us." Hermione demanded.
I sighed and decided I would tell them I'd just be vague about it.
"He treats me like a normal person, he's funny, he's sweet, has beautiful eyes, treats me with kindness and respect, he may be a little rough around the edges but he's a good guy on the inside."
"Does he have a name?" Mollie asked.
"Yes but I'm not going to tell you, I don't even think he likes me back."
"Do you think he's the secret guy?" Hermione asked with excitement dancing in her eyes and voice.
"I don't thinks so, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would think up something like those flowers."
"Sad, oh well, we'll just have to wait and see then. In the mean time though we can focus our energy on something else." Mollie stated matter of factually.
"I know exactly what we can focus on." I told her. She looked at me confused as did Hermione and Neville. "Hey George come here a moment." I called over my shoulder.
Mollie's eyes went a mile wide and she blushed as she started shaking her head no. Hermione and Neville laughed at her as George walked over to us.
"Hey Cat, Mollie, what's up?"
"Hey there, I was just talking to these guys about school work and Mollie told me she doesn't understand charms very well. I'm really bad at explaining things and so is Hermione and we're both helping Neville with potions as well as our own work. So I was wondering if you would help Mollie? I mean you have been here for two years already so you would know all about the stuff we're working on." I told him smiling.
"I would love to help you Mollie, could you meet me tomorrow night in the Library with your charms homework?" George offered
"Great! It's a date! She'll see you tomorrow night in the library after supper." I answered for her. He smiled at her and then left.
"I hate you right now."
"You'll thank me later and you'll love me again when you see the present I got you."
I tossed her a bag. She opened it and squealed.
"I LOVE YOU!" she yelled as she threw herself at me in a hug. I hugged her back and smiled. She gave me her gift to me and I opened the wrappings. Inside was a giant panda that I could use for a pillow.
"I LOVE YOU MOLLIE WOLLIE!!!" I yelled as I launched myself at her and tackled her to the ground in a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
The dresses