Status: This is the first story I have done in a while. I`m proud.

My Little David

And The Day Goes All Wrong

As I got out of the car with David three little girls rushed up to me, probably around the age of nine. They were adorable. Oh, I can`t even imagine my little David being that big.

I loved being little kid`s role model, and I hoped to be David`s one day.

“Could you give us some autographs?” A little brunette with very long beautiful hair asked. My hair use to be that long, I remember those days. Those days made me happy. But not as much as my little David does.

“Of course I will,” I said smiling at the beautiful ones in front of me. I gave each of them an autograph, with my spare arm, David in the other. After I gave the little blonde her autograph she began crying and shaking.

I leaned over and hugged her with my one arm telling her, “There is no need to cry, sweetie.”

“You are my role model,” She whispered.

“And I am glad of that. And you will probably have many more. No need to cry. Look, here is my number,” I said giving it to her to make her feel better. “But the number is for only the three of you to know. Okay? You are my biggest fans.” I said smiling.

“Is that your baby?” The girls asked

“Yeah,” I replied with a smile. It felt good to tell someone this little beauty was mine.

They smiled, in awe, and then their mothers called them over. So into the store I went. And with my luck, John was there. He was even on break, so he could come over to me if needed. I walked by, trying not to be noticed, but he noticed me. I kept walking as he ran after me. He snatched me backwards and I stopped. Oh what a charmer he always was. Why do I have feelings for him?

“There is my little boy,” He said smiling. That smile, oh that smile, that smile was one reason. I smiled at the site of his smile, widely.

Then I snapped out of it. “He hasn`t been your son since you left us, remember?”

He slapped me and tears ran down my face. People stared. But most of them have probably heard his made up stories he told about me, so they didn`t interfere. He took David out of my arms, he was too strong.

“We have a date tonight with my parents to see the baby,” He stated. By then I was bawling.

“Since when are we dating?” I asked looking down.

He lifted my face up with his finger. I hated when he did that. He did it because he liked to be in control. He wanted to be totally and utterly in control of everyone and everything. “Since I said so,” He replied.

I just stared, amazed.

“Go clean up that ugly, ass. You whore,” He told me. He was never this bad to me. I just stood there. “Or you will never see your precious little baby again,” He whispered into my ear. I shook.

I walked out of the store, a mess, crying, my make-up messed up. A group of teenagers who graduated with Austin looked at me and laughed.

“Did the prostitute get what she deserved?” One asked. I just kept walking, so he pulled me back by my shoulder. This is just what I need. More guys like this. Best day ever, I said to myself crying more.

“I asked a question.” He stated. Yeah, Captain Obvious.

I tried walking away, but he just slammed me to the ground. “Let`s have some fun,” he said laughing, with his friends also laughing.

He was about to get on top of me when one of the other boys punched him in the face. “Let her `lone” he told him. Wow, my prince charming sounds great. He grabbed my hand and helped me up. “I take you to your car.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. He held my hand and walked to my car with me.

Once we were at the car he asked me, “You `kay?”

“Yeah, thanks to you,” I smiled.

“I not mean just because of them, because of guy taking your baby too,”

“Yeah, I just have to listen and it will be fine.”

He smiled.

“May I ask you something?” I asked.

“You just did,” He laughed.

I laughed too. “Why do you talk like that?” I asked.

He just looked down.

“Oh, sorry, you don`t have to tell me.”

“No, it`s fine, I make the others look stupid if I don`t.” He said, that disappointed me, he shouldn`t do that.

“Sweetie, if you have to pretend to be someone else to be friends with someone, they aren`t worth it. “

“Yeah, well,” he said scribbling on a piece of paper. “If you need me, call this number.”

“Will do, I smiled. But only if you promise to stop hanging out with them.”

He nodded and walked off. Aw, he seems so sweet. That made my day a little better. I got into the car and looked in the mirror. Wow, I was a mess.