Status: Slowly being updated

I Promise That I Will See You Again

Chapter 26

I could feel my jaw fall in utter shock at the very person standing before me, looking down at me with loving eyes.

"Alex," blinking my eyes rapidly making sure that I wasn't seeing things, "what are you doing here?"

Alex face broke into a smile as he in gulped me in his arms as a hug. A hug that I wanted to end as soon as I started, but that was going to be hard considering Alex was a lot stronger than me. Still I tried by pushing my hands on his chest trying to get him away from me.

He cleared his throat before talking, "I heard that you got hurt and I want to make sure your were ok. Beside I was hoping that we can send some time together."

At this moment I knew I had a shock look plastered on my face as I took in every word that he was saying to me. I was feeling conflicted with my self, my heart was telling me to just tell Alex the truth and how I would rather be with Andy, where Riley can still be with his father. But my mind was telling me that I also need to do what was good for me, even if it means not being with Riley's father. The only problem is that I know I still have feeling for Andy and no matter how much I wanted to run, I knew that it was no doubt about it, I still love Andy. Although I knew my heart was right, I knew that Riley could still be with his father even if I still wanted to be with Alex. Alex was different from Andy, but some where I knew that I was making a selfish mistake.

"Sure Alex, I would love to spend time with you beside I have been meaning to talk to you about something," I told him painting on a smile.

Alex face lite up as he ushered me to the front door where we walk out to a Mercedes, a rent a car since I'm pretty sure he didn't drive here, as he open the door for me to slip inside. Once we were both inside the car he drove off to sea food restaurant that was near the board walk.

===================

So far spending time with Alex was fun and I felt happy that I was able to do something with my free time which was crazy because I usually never had free time that it was like I didn't know what to do. I usually spend my time watching over Riley which was a full time job, but I was thankful for it because my son is such a blessing.

We where now walking on the shore as we just talk about life, how we grew up, hopes and dream it was pretty relaxing.

"Wow, the stars are amazing on the west coast," letting out a chuckle, " you can't see the starts this clear back in Chicago."

"Yeah, it was one of the thing that I truly loved about Cali, the night sky is always this beautiful." I said looking down as the red nail polish on my toes seem to be of great interest in this point of time.

"I know something that is even more beautiful than the stars," he stated before lift my chin by his index finger before staring deep into my eyes as he lean for going in for the kill.

Wow this guy is so cheesy. Wait is he really going to kiss me right now.

I swiftly lean my head back escaping the kiss, resulting in Alex giving me a hurt expression making me shake me head.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I can't. There is something that I wanted to talk to you about," taking in a deep breathe before I started to talk again. "I don't it will be ok for me to be with you any more, its not fair to you."

I could see the hurt on his face as I began to explain how I was truly feeling now.

"I'm still in love with Andy, I'm sorry."

He just nodded his head before walking back towards the car which I follows behind quietly, not wanting to hurt him any more than I already have. By the time he drove me back home, he finally spoke to me and let me know that we could still be friends. Feeling the weight being lifted from my shoulder as I head back into the house with a smile on my face knowing that I was still able to be friends with Alex.

Inside the house I went to my room to throw my purse on the bed while my shoes were laying on the ground before I could feel my body crashing from running around all day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this chapter need to be edited but I want to make sure I got it out today.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday. :D