Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Don't Fight, This Is What You Need

I walked out of her apartment. I couldn't stand to be there and have her ignore me.

I got into my car and drove around before going to my thinking spot. It was the lake I took Beth to when I first told her I loved her.

I sat there in my car.

Okay, so my pregnant girlfriend, or not girlfriend. My pregnant Beth hates me. She wants me to show that I'm responsible enough to be there for her and the baby.

I need to do something to impress her.

I called the one person who knew Beth almost as well as I did.

"Hey John," she answered.

"Hey Rachael, how's it going at your parents?" I asked.

"Good. But that's not why you called, is it?" She asked knowingly.

"No," I sighed. "What do I do?"

"I can't tell you what to do. You have to figure that out on your own. Just show her that you're ready for the kid and that you want it. She's over what you did to her, but she wants the best for the baby," she told me.

"She's gonna be such a good mom," I chuckled.

"I know. Now go make a plan. And John? We're lucky you were there to take care of her today," she said.

"Thanks, Rach," I replied.

"You're welcome, bye,"

"Bye,"

I hung up and gripped the wheel.

I drove to Target and walked right to the baby stuff. I saw the perfect crib that I knew Beth would love. I picked up the box and put it in my cart. I saw blankets with little giraffes on them and placed those in the cart also. I went a little crazy picking out toys and supplies and furniture but I just got so excited looking through everything and thinking about mine and Beth's baby.

I finally stopped and walked to check out earning weird looks from a lot of people. I didn't care. I packed everything into my car and drove off towards her apartment.

I got there and found Beth sleeping on the couch so I carefully carried everything in and quietly started to put the crib together.

When it was all set up I took all the toys out and placed them in the crib. I looked down at it and prayed that this would show Beth ready I was.

I walked out of the apartment to get some more bags out of the car. I bought some of Bee's favorite food and rented movies that she wanted to see.

I care so much. I need to be in her life and I won't stop until she takes me back.

When I walked in the door I saw Beth leaning over the crib. I shut the door and she turned around to face me.

"You did this?" She gasped.

"Yeah... Is it okay?" I asked nervously.

"It's... Perfect," she smiled.

"I'm glad you like it," I replied.

"I love it," she corrected.

"So does this mean you forgive me?" I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"I forgive you," she sighed. "But, we're not getting back together. I have too much going on to be in a relationship,"

"It's because we fight. You can't deal with the stress I give you," I said.

"John...," she trailed off. "It's just, I don't want anything to happen to the baby,"

"I don't either. If you take me back I'll promise not to fight with you," I begged.

"We both know that you can't promise that," she told me.

"Fine, you're right. But this is my kid too and I love you. I want to be a part of both of your lives. So how are we going to do this?" I asked.

"I want you to be a part of my life- our life. You can stay here when you want, come to all the appointments you can, and we can hang out. But we just can't be a couple," she replied.

"So we're basically a couple without the kissing and touching and love?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yeah," she nodded. "That's called being friends,"

I paused to think for a minute.

"Okay I'll take what I can get," I finally told her. "But I still love you,"

"John, saying that all the time isn't going to make it any easier," she sighed, sitting down on the couch. I dropped the bags and knelt in front of her.

"But it's true. And I know you love me. Just tell me one time and I won't ask you again. I just need to hear you say it," I begged.

She stared at me for a minute.

"John..,"

"Please. Just once," I pleaded.

"I love you too," she said looking down at her lap.

"Look at me," I whispered, pulling her chin up with my index finger.

I automatically looked into her gorgeous eyes and started to lean in.

She pulled away and frowned.

"I mean it, John. You can't just kiss me and make everything better," she said.

"Why not? We're having a baby together and we're in love. What's stopping us?" I cried standing up.

"Because I don't trust you anymore," she yelled.

I was about to argue back when I thought back to what Garrett said. I couldn't fight with her and stress her out.

"Okay. I'm sorry, I should've listened to you. I rented some movies, do you wanna watch them?" I asked changing the subject.

"Umm, sure," she replied suspiciously.

"Okay. I'll put one in and get a bag of chips. What do you want to watch first, Where The Wild Things Are, or She's Out Of My League?" I asked.

"She's Out Of My League," she answered.

"Okay. Do you need anything else?" I asked.

"Can you get me a blanket?"

"Of course," I said putting the movie in. After that I walked back to her bedroom and got her favorite blanket and grabbed chips on the way back to the living room.

I covered her up with the blanket and handed her the bag of chips. She opened them and starting munching as I sat down next to her. I got as close as possible without making her uncomfortable.

"Do you want some blanket?" I heard her ask half way through the movie. She was holding the edge of the blanket out for me.

I wasn't cold but I grinned and took the blanket anyway. She leaned against me and put her head on my shoulder as she dozed off again.

I looked down at her and kissed her forehead before shutting off the tv and picking her up and carrying her into bed. I set her down and covered her up again.

I immediately panicked. Would she let me sleep in her bed, or would she want me to take the couch? Her couch was tiny and there was no way I could sleep on it, but I would if she didn't want me sleeping in her bed.

I grabbed the pillow she wasn't using and set it on the floor and got an extra blanket. I laid down on her floor and tried to get comfortable. I was almost asleep when I heard Bee whimper "Love you,". I don't know if she was awake or if she was sleep talking, but either way, I liked hearing it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post again today because I don't want to be any more pushy about comments than I already am. Thank you so much everybody who complimented my writing! Sometimes I think it sucks so it's nice to hear that it doesn't. Dinokat, I love your enthusiatic comments and Becohh, yours make me smile :)

P.S. Aww, John is such a sweetheart