Status: Done

Love Will Never Ever Let Us Fall Apart

Best Beating Heart

She fell asleep on my chest and I just laid there watching her.

I still felt embarrassed from when I tried to kiss her and she pulled away. She's just so damn beautiful and perfect that I couldn't help it.

I was trying to get her to fall for me again, but for some reason she was really hesitant. I couldn't be mad at her though, I reacted horribly when she told me she was pregnant. She was probably scared enough and she didn't need me to make it worse.

I pulled my phone out and checked the time. It was 11:15.

"Bee, wake up," I whispered into her ear.

"Mmmph,"

I chuckled at her.

"Bethy, we need to go to your appointment," I whispered.

"Okay," she groaned before sitting up.

I helped her up and walked her to car. I opened the door for her and she got in.

"You excited?" I asked her.

"Of course. We get to hear the heartbeat for the first time," she grinned.

"Whoa. That's so crazy, I'm glad I'm not gonna miss it," I smiled.

"Me too. I'm really glad you're going to be here for everything," she told me.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," I said. "When do we get to find out the sex?"

"Not until I'm five months along," she sighed.

"Well it's inside of you. What do you think it is?" I asked.

"I have a pretty good feeling of what it is..," she smirked.

"So?" I asked anxiously.

"I don't wanna say," she giggled.

"No, come on! Tell me?" I pleaded.

"Nope," she said popping the 'p'.

"Well, should I return the boy clothes I got?" I asked trying to trick her.

She was about to open her mouth but then smirked.

"Not telling," she sang.

"Gr, fine," I said giving up.

We pulled into the hospital parking lot and Beth led the way to her doctor's office.

We stepped inside and there were weird posters about pregnancy and stuff.

"Hi, I'm Beth McMahon here to see Dr. Harmon," she told the lady at the front desk.

"Okay, Beth. Take a seat and the doctor will be out to see you in a minute," she smiled.

We took a seat and she picked up a magazine.

"Dr. Harmon is super nice," she stated.

"Yeah I met her yesterday. She seems nice," I replied.

"Beth?" A nurse asked.

She stood up and looked and me.

"Am I allowed to go in?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on," she said.

We followed the nurse into the exam room.

"Put this on and Dr. Harmon will be in shortly," the nurse said handing Beth a hospital gown.

As soon as the nurse left the room Beth stripped down in front of me and handed me her dress.

"Will you hold this for me?" She asked.

I just swallowed and nodded.

Then she slipped the gown on and sat down on the bed.

My eyes never left her and she noticed.

"You've seen me naked before. What's the big deal?" She chuckled.

"Umm nothing. I just- it's been awhile," I said nervously.

She just blushed and looked away.

The doctor came through the door and looked around.

"Hi Beth, long time no see," she laughed. "Oh, and John?" She questioned.

I nodded.

"It's nice to see you," she smiled. "So anything unusual since yesterday?" She asked Beth.

"No, everything seems normal," she shrugged.

"Great, I suppose you two are excited to hear the heartbeat?" She asked.

"Yes!" Beth squealed.

Dr. Harmon laughed and put some gloves on.

"Okay, feet in the stirrups, and pull your gown up to your chest. John you can come over here to see better," she said politely.

"Okay," I said nervously. Beth held her hand out for me and smiled. I took it gladly and smiled back.

The doctor pulled a stool up to sit on and squeezed some gel onto Beth's stomach and rolled the little thing over it.

Soon we heard a thumping sound.

"That's the heartbeat," she told us.

I looked down at Beth and grinned. She was looking back up at me with the same goofy grin on her face.

"John, you're crying," she pointed out as I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and looked at her again.

"And there is the baby," the doctor pointed out on the screen.

"Whoa..," I gasped.

Beth and I made another person. This is incredible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update! I know that these are sort of boring, but they're going to get better. Subscribe and comment, please:)