Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Break

Chapter Seventeen
Written By: Green Raspberries

“City! City!” Shouted James running down the stairs, “I'm going home today!”

Clarity smiled warmly, something that never ceased to amaze James.

“Maybe not,” She checked her watch, “If you don't leave now, you'll miss the train to King's Cross.”

“Oh Bullocks.” He frowned, “Wormtail! Hurry your arse up!”

Clarity rushed to the aid of the boy who had just toppled head first down the stairs and then was promptly squashed by his trunk.

“Peter!” She called, extending her hand to help up the poor boy.

“Wormy!” Shouted James, doubled over in laughter.

“Oh shut right up, James.” Scorned Clarity, who brushed the dirt off of Peter's robes and patted his chest, “Good as new.”

“You're too nice for your own bloody good.” Murmured a voice who had just stepped through the portrait hole. “Isn't it funny how it's never to me.”

“Name one time you deserved it.” She challenged, starring him down while James snickered at Sirius' face which look quote puzzled as he tried to pull something out of his arse.

“No need to hurt yourself,” She teased, “Your face might get stuck like that and then every single member of your fan club would wander around aimlessly in circles with no one to fawn over.”

“That's rich.” He remarked sarcastically, “Ever since you've started keeping our company, you've developed quite the following yourself.”

James was the only one to notice that he sounded rather bitter about that, because it was true.

Clarity had been sought after as soon as the Marauder's started to drag her along with them. James even started to introduce her as the fifth Marauder. She had basically been adopted into the Gryffindor House, and the boys had conjured a fifth bed in their dorm for when they stayed up late working on prank and needed Clarity to go over the final blueprints. She seemed to pick up on technical things that the Marauder's overlooked.

Anyway, Clarity seemed to be oblivious to this new attention, which was difficult even for a Hufflepuff because she had been asked out three times this week. Sirius didn't know whether or not she was clever or stupid because she always seemed to decline the invitation without severing ties.

“I'd love to see how this argument plays out but Peter and I are going to miss the carriages.” James said, yanking Peter out of the portrait hole and calling over his shoulder, “Happy Christmas!”

Clarity was going to miss him, if there was one Marauder who she had grown the closest with it would be the messy haired Potter boy. He seemed to take quite the liking to her because she always had a well though out and witty remark in Sirius' direction, plus it was nice for him to have someone to talk too about Lily Evans. Their friendship really hit it's peak when Severus Snape had drawn his wand to James Potter's back, he whipped around to see Snape mutter the spell that he had used on Clarity. That was when James cocky grin slipped from his face, Clarity jumped into action and disarmed him, then sent the boy sailing into the branches of the Whomping Willow. He scurried off with tears running down his face, limping and nursing a broken arm.

Remus Lupin had grown close to the strange eyed girl as well. He had decided one knight that he was going to finally play a major role in one of the Marauder's pranks, of course he had been involved before, but not as a major player, like James or Sirius. However, he was inexperienced in being sneaky and underhanded, it just wasn't his nature. So when he was caught red handed by the young caretaker Filch: James, Sirius, Peter, and City had been waiting in the wings, and were deadly silent, fearing Remus' reaction. The poor boy had never been in trouble and would take this blow straight to the heart. So City took one for the team and walked out from their hiding spot with her wand raised. Sirius had tried to pull her back but was not successful. City then explained that she had been forcing Remus to do her pranking.

Lying: A weeks detention.

Saving a friend in need: Priceless.

Peter was a different story, he practically worshipped the ground City walked on. She was the only girl who had ever been nice to him.

Sirius, was a whole different story. James had once told Sirius as they watched City sneak out of the castle to go for a swim, that they had a love hate relationship. Sirius was intrigued by the girl, when she was in the room, he never really took his eyes off of her. However, when they did exchange words, they were usually full of malice and snark.

However, it wasn't like he was as open about his affection as James was with Lily. Plus, Sirius would never tell anyone but he suspected that James had a little thing for City, everyone knew Peter had a thing for her, but Sirius didn't care about that, and Remus, he also suspected harbored some feelings for the girl.

It was hard not too.

She was something entirely different from any other girl.

Now, Sirius had the entire break to spend with the doe eyed girl. How would he ever survive.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really need feedback from this story you guy, otherwise I'll just stop updating. I'm not getting anyone's feedback. It's worrying.