Status: Feeling the Water :)

A Marauder's Tale

Longing

Chapter Eighteen.
Written By: Green Raspberries.

The week had seen City bored and feeling rather lacklustre. She hadn't realized how much Remus, James, and Peter had integrated themselves into her life.

As she sat in the Hufflepuff Commons by herself, she tried to remember the last time she had a moment to herself.

Not since the beginning of term, she thought to herself.

The boys were away for the two week Christmas Holiday and they had left her with Sirius Black, who had only seemed to grow more infuriating each day she didn't have Remus or James as a buffer.

Take yesterday for instance.

Clarity had gone down for breakfast on the fourth day of the break, she had a steady plan for her day. She was going to eat, go for a swim, and finish the barmy amount of Charms homework that had her head spinning in class when the professor had assigned it. Unusual form of torture, she thought.

Sirius Black has immediately spotted the doe eyed girl as she strode in. She had definitely not tried to look presentable this morning. Probably due to the lack of students and scheduled classes. She was wearing what were obviously pajama shorts that were riding tantalizingly low on her hips and a long sleeved shirt that was so big it was falling off of her shoulders.

He watched without shame as she sat down at the completely empty Hufflepuff table. She didn't seem to mind being alone and that was something he had admired about her.

He was simply reeling from the solitude. His friends were gone. Home with their families, indulging in family traditions and laughter. It would have made him sick if he hadn't been so jealous.

This solitude, he convinced himself, was the reason he had gotten up out of his seat and strode towards the lone blonde figure at the yellow and black table.

Clarity had heard the footsteps approaching her and looked up from beneath a curtain of blonde hair.

"Your eyes never cease to startle me." Sirius joked as he pulled up a seat beside her, grabbing a piece of buttered toast off of her plate.

"You could use some new material." She deadpanned, staring at him with the infuriating blank stare. "I didn't peg you as the type to recycle your witty commentary."

Her sarcasm wasn't lost on him as she snatched the toast from his hands.

"Noted." He nodded in a mock serious manner, "So what are we up to today?"

She didn't bother looking at him as she rolled her eyes, "What I am doing is none of your concern."

"Oh common, City." He pouted, she restrained herself from looking because she new it would be kind of adorable. "We could go back to my dorm."

This time she couldn't help herself but to look at him. As she expected he wore a boyish grin and threw a wink at her.

"I should shock you more often," He laughed, "Your eyes get even bigger!"

Her heart was beating rather fast at his insinuation and he seemed to notice. Of course it was in Sirius Black's nature to run with it.

He leaned into her hair and whispered, "You only need me to turn your legs into water."

She didn't know whether or not he was trying to be seductive, but whatever sort of husky, throaty voice he had just mustered up was enough to make her shiver.

Of course it was in Clarity Cohen's nature to grab the nearest beverage and toss it on herself.

"Got to go." She muttered over her shoulder as she ran out, shrugging her shoulders with a cheeky smile on her face as he creased his eyebrows at her actions.

I guess I'll be taking that swim sooner rather than later, she thought.


The bottom line was he was frustrating beyond imaginability. How was she was going to survive another week and half of his incessant sexual innuendos and flirty touches?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah. I wonder if there are still any readers of this story. I haven't updated in a really long time.
I owe you guys an apology. Sorry about that. Expect more updates soon!