Status: WORKING ON IT

Meanwhile in Chicago...

Eight

“Ugh. Phone shut up!”

I reached across my bed and picked up my phone to see 4 new texts from Patrick. Seriously? Can he not leave me be?

Text from P. Kane:
We need to talk about last night
I don’t regret kissing you. Not one bit.
Katey come on. Seriously. You cannot ignore me forever.
I know where you are staying. I will be there in 5.


“The fuck you are.” I dialed his number and let it ring.

“Hello?” he answers with a huff.

“Don’t think about coming over here, I really don’t want to see you.”

“Katey we need to talk about…”

“No Kane, we have nothing to talk about. That kiss, shit, I shouldn’t haven’t even liked it.”

“But you did! And I did too. That is why…”

“No listen. I didn’t come here to for personal gain.” I lied. “I came here to try to help fix everything between you and Lizzie.”

He sighed. “But why? Why are you more worried about what happens with her than yourself?”
Cause she is falling for you. “Cause she is my friend and I got her into this mess.”

“There doesn’t have to a mess anymore. Just come on over so we can talk.”

“Patrick…”

“Katey, I’m serious. Just come over later. We can just talk.”

I contemplated for a second. “I’ll call you and let you know, okay?”
I could hear him smile through the phone. “Okay.”

After I hung up the phone, I went and got a quick shower. As I stepped out, I heard my phone ringing again. Good lord, I swear if it was Kane again, I was gonna kick his ass.

“Hello?”

“Why did you give Patrick my number?” Lizzie asked drastically.
Shit. That son of a bitch.

“Lizzie what are you talking about? I didn’t give Patrick your number.”

“Bull fucking shit you didn’t! He called me. He said he got my number from you! Why are you lying to me!?”
I roll my eyes. ““Lizzie calm the fuck down. So he got your number no big deal.”

“No big fucking deal? IT IS A BIG DEAL! Why would you do such a thing when you know I’m trying to get rid of him.”

I sat down and rubbed my temples. “Lizzie you aren’t gonna get rid of him. He is Patrick Kane.”

“WELL FUCK PATRICK KANE! FUCK HIM AND HIS STUPID DICK HE THINKS IS HIS BRAIN. I HATE HIM. I did this as a favour to you. I wasn’t suppose to get dragged into all of this! I wasn’t suppose to crying over some dickwad.” She said with the sound of tears forming.
Great.

“Lizzie you have no one to blame but yourself for falling for him. If I know you were gonna get mooshie I would have got someone else to do it for me.” I said feeling myself getting pissed off.

“FUCK YOU! You know why you made me do this Katey? BECAUSE I’M THE ONLY CAPABLE OF DOING IT. You know I was a for sure shoo into his life because I got big boobs and nice legs. I don’t see what you get out of this deal? I mean after all if I did ever sleep with him You’d just be the pathetic friend that name drops Patrick Kane, because you can’t actually do it.”
OH HELL NO.

“Oh that is it ELIZABETH CZECH! Get off your high and mighty pedestal. You got where you are in life, because you are some spoiled rotten brat with good genetics. Go starve yourself some more. I mean after all the weight you lose is for ice skating right? Not for when you go up to Wrigleyville looking for some guy to leech onto. Guys don’t like fatties do they?” I yelled.

“You get a lot farther in life if you don’t live through you friends.”
My jaw dropped. “You also get a lot farther in life when you don’t worry about what people think about you. Go shop at Zara Lizzie I heard they are having a sale!”

“Jealousy is a bitch!” And with that she hung up.
Fuck her. I am tired of her stupid mood swings. She wants him then she doesn’t. Fuck trying to fix things. I am gonna do things for me and only me now.
I am going to Patrick’s and whatever happens, happens. Fuck. Her.
I got up and started getting dressed, putting on my favorite dress from H&M, white with a ¾ sleeve, and my favorite black H&M heels. I put a little curl into the ends of my hair and put on makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror when it was all said and done.

“Well, here goes nothing.”
I go down to the lobby, trying to ignore all the glances I am getting, and catch a cab easily.
Well, so far so good.
As I got out at Trump Tower, I took a deep breath and headed in. I took the elevator up to Patrick’s condo and before knocking I smooth out my dress.
Knock, knock
I hear muffled laughs inside. I knock again.

“GO AWAY” I hear Patrick yell.
Fuck him. I knocked again, even harder and louder.
I hear him mumbled, “Who the fuck is here” as he opens up the door, shirtless.

“Why hello Kane. Seems like I interrupted some fun.”

“Katey what are you-“

“Katey, what the fuck are you doing in Chicago?” I hear Lizzie ask as she got off the floor.
I smirked. “Well well well. So our little bitch fight threw Ms. I Don’t Know What I Want into Mr. Manwhore’s arms? Ain’t that a shocker from hell. But to answer your question, I came here to fix this, then you went off on me that I didn’t even do, so I changed my plans.”
Lizzie just stared at me. “Then how did he get my number?”
Patrick looked down at the floor. “I got it out of her phone last night when she came up here.”
I smiled and Lizzie looked like someone hit her. “You.. she.. she was here last night?”
I rolled my eyes. “Yes I was, I got into town last night and he called me trashed, so I told him I got into town, which by the way wasn’t part of my plan, and he invited me up here.”

“And we sorta kinda made out for a few minutes.” Patrick mumbled.
There was a moment of silence then I spoke up. “Well then, I can see that you two have some talking to do, so I guess I will just leave…”

Lizzie grabbed her purse and started walking out. “Don’t bother, you can stay here I am out of here. And I really don’t want to hear from either of you.”

As she left, Patrick grabbed his shirt and put it back on. “You have the worst timing ever.”

“Why? You told me to come over?”

“But you said you would call!”

I rolled my eyes. “Good thing I did come, my best friend, well I guess now ex best friend, was about to make the biggest mistake of her life.”

He stared at me. “And what about you?”

I paused. “What about me?”

“What if it was you in her position? What if you showed up thirty minutes before she did?” he questioned.

“Well. I… I don’t know what would have happened. I mean, I don’t even know if you mean half of what you say.”

“Just forget it.”

“Whatever Patrick. When you want to have an adult conversation. Let me know.”
I start walking out and he stops me.

“By the way Katey…”

I turn around. “Yeah?”

“You look gorgeous.”