Status: Re-Writing

Emotions Run Wild

Ignorance

Smiling apologetically at Scarlet I followed after Alice as she stormed off. I wasn’t sure exactly what had set her off. Yes I had shared a friendly smile with Scarlet but it hadn’t been anything more than that.

Rolling my eyes as I moved out of the blank spot I quickened my pace to catch up to my angry wife.

“Alice,” grabbing her hand, I stopped her by the bleachers behind the school. “What is wrong Alice?” turning my angry pixie to look at me as her emotions weighed full force on me.

“What’s wrong Jasper? You tell me,” snapping at me, she attempted to pull her hand from mine. I wasn’t having any of that so I tightened my grip letting her know it wasn’t going to happen and she wasn’t going anywhere until I knew what was wrong.

“If I knew what was wrong, Alice I wouldn’t be asking, would I?” I was slightly offended that Alice was upset with me and that she wouldn’t tell me. I hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve her angry. I had made friends I supposed with Scarlet in a way or at least I felt normal when she was around and for that I was thankful. Was it so hard for Alice to accept that I was able to feel my own emotions when Scarlet was close by, was it so hard to be thankful that I was taking notice of the little things when I was myself?

“I saw how the two of you were looking at each other, Jasper. I’m your girlfriend, we’ve been together for years and yet some sillyhum girl comes around and it’s like I’m not there anymore,” she had caught herself and since her voice was raising slightly, it was a good thing. Alice was jealous of Scarlet; but why? I loved Alice, what was there for her to feel jealous of.

“I don’t understand Alice, you know I love you and I can feel that more when I am not hounded by everyone else’s emotions and Scarlet somehow makes that hounding go away. I am thankful she is around to give me the chance to feel my own feelings but I am with you Alice and I have been for more than enough years for you to know the only way you are getting rid of me is if you ask me to leave. I’m not going anywhere,” dropping her hand, I cupped her angelic face between both of mine and dropped a kiss to her forehead, her cheeks and her nose before settling my lips against her own.

Pulling away with a sigh, she looked away ashamed. “I’m sorry Jazz, I just I thought for some crazy, insane reason you were going to leave me for her,” growling at the end of her sentence she calmed down again with an apologetic look up at me.

“Let’s get to class shall we,” holding out my arm for her, she giggled when she slipped her arm into mine, resting her hand lightly on the top of my tweed sleeve.

“Jasper Whitlock Hale you most certainly are a gentleman,”

Walking up the steps of our home, I smiled as Esme walked past helping Alice to finish decorating for Bella’s birthday. I had taken every precaution to be in closed in a space with Bella for more than a few hours at a time and since Bella had informed us that she had invited Scarlet I had done more than my fair share of hunting.

Alice was slightly upset by the fact that Scarlet had been invited to our home, but she had quickly put it aside when I reminded her that I loved her and only her.

I could barely feel my thirst anymore; of course I knew it was still there but the three dear I had drained had dulled it down considerably. I was putting the last few stringers up with Emmett when he practically squealed like a little girl and raced out the front door. Curling the damn thing just the way Alice likes, I stepped down from the ladder and over to the door just as Edward and Bella pulled up.

Moments before I figured Scarlet had arrived as it had been her voice I had heard threatening Emmett’s life if he messed up her baby, but now she was falling down the stairs. Moving above human speed I wrapped my arms around her as gently as I could ignoring the instant spark that had occurred when I had touched her skin. Instead I was distracted by how stunning she looked in the red dress that set off her pale skin and the way her hair was slightly pulled back to look formal but was still casual as it curled slightly around her face.

Snapping out of it, I pulled her up slowly making sure she was steady on her feet before dropping my arms.

“Thanks” looking up at me, Scarlet blushed slightly. I could hear her deep inhale, the beat of heart as it began to speed up slightly and the way her blood flowed I started to get the burning in my throat.

Tipping my hat like the southern gentleman I had been raised, I ignored the burning. “No problem, ma’am,” holding my arm for her, like I had done with Alice, I offered her a smile as Edward, Bella and Emmett walked past us into the house.

Declining my assistance with a silent shake I understood when Alice cleared her throat. “Let me take that for you Scarlet,” even I could hear the silent warning in Alice’s usually soft musical tone.

“Thank you Alice, that’s quite nice of you,” if I could translate female talk I would have to guess that was something about territory but I never really understood females. Following behind the two as Alice led her into the house, I stifled a laugh at the massive cake. There was no way these two small humans were going to manage to eat that whole thing.

“Presents I think Bella,” skipping over to Bella holding out a present I knew was from the two of us.

As if in slow motion, Scarlet moved to stand by Emmett and Rose and Bella slipped her index finger under the wrapping paper; Alice had worked hard on the party and what happened next made my feelings of guilt all the more harder to live with.

With a gasp, the sweet scent of human blood filled the room. Venom began pooling in my mouth and all I could think of was sinking my teeth in Bella. Holding up her finger as if nothing was wrong she glared at the tiny drop of blood trailing down her finger.

“Paper cut,” I could feel everyone’s eyes move slowly to me. I knew why, I wasn’t insulted by their eyes. I was insulted by my actions. Snarling I went to jump on Bella as Edward moved to block me sending Bella flying back into more glass and myself into the wall behind me.

Crouching I bared my teeth at Edward as Emmett moved to restrain me.

“Get Jasper out of here,” following orders as I strained against my brother, I tried to get to Bella as she continued to ooze what I had been created to feed on. Blood; sweet, coppery life sustaining blood.

As soon as the fresh air assailed my senses I crumbled in shame. What had I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Not only is this my longest update for Emotions yet, but I actually imagined Emmett squealing over Scarlet's car!

Love,
Devon