Status: PLEASE NOTE--THIS WAS "THAT SUMMER" BUT I'M REWRITING IT...PLEASE KEEP WITH ME! YOU'LL LOVE IT I PROMISE!!! :D

Memories That Fade Like Photographs;

four;

Getting up early was hard for me, like any other teenager. I dragged myself out of bed and stood in front of the mirror, my reflection staring right back at me. My blonde, messy hair hung in my eyes and stuck out on the side. I pushed it away from my face and went into the bathroom.

I turned on the hot water in the shower and took off my pajamas. Glancing in the mirror I saw my pale, bare back and I thought of Anna. Tears came to my eyes but I brushed them away, stepping into the shower.

After washing my hair and my body, I almost turned off the water before glancing at the razors sitting there, waiting for someone to use their sharp blades. I reached for one, but something in my mind told me to stop.

Don't draw more attention to yourself, girl. The voice said, pressuring me out of my own dangerous thoughts.

I got dressed and brushed out my short hair, thankful it dried straight so I didn't have to waste more time. I put on some mascara and lip gloss, not wanting to make my looks very noticeable.

When I went downstairs, my mom was sitting at the table drinking coffee and looking at some magazine, while my dad was already gone for work. I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and took a few drinks.

"Hi, honey." My mom said, not even looking up from her newspaper. I put the cap back on my bottle and swallowed.

"Hey mom." Was the rest of the conversation as I left the room to get on my bus. It was pretty empty, thankfully. There was usually around 10-15 kids on my bus anyway, so it was quiet in general.

The ride was short and boring, neither to my surprise. Nothing in life was unusual anymore. I walked into school with my head down, watching all the feet shuffle through. I spotted a pair of worn out converses and skinny jeans, so I looked up to see the back of a boy with straight, brown colored hair. He was wearing a light blue t-shirt that looked especially good with his skin color.

Someone behind me tripped and pushed me into him, and I grabbed his arm so I didn't fall down. This made him turn around to see who grabbed him. He smelled so good, I didn't want to let go, but I did when he helped me stand up.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I d-didn't mean too, they p-pushed--" I stuttered, embarrassing myself even more.

"Dude it's okay, you just tripped." He said making me blush. I felt my cheeks turn hot, knowing they were red as apples. He smiled and looked up behind me and shook his head.

"Jack! You faggot! Why did you push her?" This 'Jack' looked up innocently. He had dark hair with a blonde streak and was tall and lanky, just like...the other boy.

"Shut up, Alex, you know I'm fucking clumsy." I couldn't help but laugh with Alex, being caught in the middle of this. I started to go, but Alex grabbed my hand.

"Hey, what's your name? I haven't seen you around here." He said as Jack started talking to some other guy who was standing by them.

"Uh, my name's Katie...I'm a sophomore this year..." I said as he nodded.

"I'm a Junior! That's cool. I guess I'll see you around..." He said as I nodded and waved as I turned the corner to get to my locker.

You just talked to the hottest guy in school, I thought to myself as my history talked about somebody from 3000 years ago, And he asked for your name!

I felt myself smiling again, I just couldn't help it. I haven't felt this happy in...a long time...

When the class was over I went to my locker and put all my heavy-ass books away and put my bag over my shoulder. I shut it then started to walk to my next class. I looked around me and I spotted...him...and he was looking at...me.

I turned my head away, blushing again, just knowing that he was looking at me made me excited. I haven't had a crush on anybody since the 8th grade. It made me happy to think he might actually like me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm probably going to update at least two-three more chapters tonight or more...
Because the contest ends tomorrow! D:
SO: I need to hurry up and finish this story!
But it won't be half-assed, I promise!
You'll love it. :D
Please, PLEASE, please comment!
I need to know what you guys think, so I can make these chapters good!
And yes, the next one will be another flashback!
Thanks to everyone! Love you all!

zingerlove<3