Somewhere in the Middle

Fighting

“I don't like going to interviews. They ask to many questions." I whined laying my head on the window. Riley layed her head on my shoulder and muttered in agreement.

“That's the whole point of an interview." Uncle Johnny said with a chuckle. How can he be so chipper after being pestered by the annoying interviewer?

“Yeah well.....I just don't like 'em." I stated. Everyone chuckled shaking their heads. For a while Riley and I sat there listening to everyone talk. 

“Hey did you meet Aiden's girlfriend yesterday?" Aunt Gena asked. Riley tensed, “Yeah she's a slut." She answered nonchalantly.

“Riley that's not very nice." Mom scolded turning to look at her. Riley shrugged her shoulders, “Hayley agrees with me. Heck she even came up with her nickname." Riley responded with a growing smirk. 

Everyone in the car looked at me for an answer. “Her names Shylynn but me being me I came up with Slutlynn. Giana and Barbie are all for the nickname as is Riley." I answered unhooking my seatbelt when dad parked the car.

“Still that's not nice. You've only met her once and I'm sure you didn't even talk to her for more then 2 seconds." Mom said closing the car door. Riley left my door open so the others could get out of the very back. 

“Whatever." Riley and I said in unison. Creepy. We hooked arms and walked up to her room shutting the door behind us. 

Riley huffed and fell backwards on her bed, “Why did mom even have to say anything?" She asked staring at her ceiling. I sat down beside her, “I don't know but I know something that will cheer you up. I'll be back in a minute." I said and made my way to my room. After I grabbed my acoustic guitar case I went back to her room and sat in the same spot on her bed.

“I've been working on this for a while and I wanted you to be the first of hear it." I said to her and started strumming when she nodded.

Voted most likely
To end up on the back of a milk box drink
Looks like I'm letting 'em down
'Cause $7.75
Isn't worth an hour of my hard work and time
When you can't afford half the shit they advertise
Oh I'm worth more than an ex
More than a toe-tagged generation full of regrets
Ohh I won't settle no oh
Oh I can't settle

I wanna break the mold
Wanna break the stereotype
Fist in the air
I'm not going down with out a fight

(Chorus)
It's my life
And I'm not sitting on the sidelines watching it
Pass me by
I'm leaving you my legacy
I gotta make my mark
I gotta run it hard
I want you to remember me
I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints on you

Representing you and me
Don't you wanna go down in history
Rather than end up
Begging on the streets
Trading undertable favors
For a place to sleep
'Cause I'm worth more than this
So stop writing prescriptions for more Ritalin
I can focus my attention

I wanna break the mold
Wanna break the stereotype
Fist in the air
I'm not going down with out a fight

(Chorus)
It's my life
And I'm not sitting on the sidelines watching it
Pass me by
I'm leaving you my legacy
I gotta make my mark
I gotta run it hard
I want you to remember me
I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints

Don't give up
Don't give in
Build your house on the rock
Oh not in the sand, in the sand, in the sand, in the sand

(Chorus)
It's my life
And I'm not sitting on the sidelines watching it
Pass me by
I'm leaving you my legacy
I gotta make my mark
I gotta run it hard
I want you to remember me

It's my life
And I'm not sitting on the sidelines watching it
Pass me by
I'm leaving you my legacy
I gotta make my mark
I gotta run it hard
I want you to remember me
'Cause I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints in the END


I looked up at her when I finished and smiled when I saw the huge grin on her face. 

“So I take it you like it?" I asked leaning the guitar against the edge of her bed. 

“I loved it!" She said excitedly, “Thanks for cheering me up Hayls." She said hugging me. I hugged her back and told her it was no problem. 

▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲

“Get up." Kiss on the nose. “Get up." Kiss on the right cheek. “Get up." Kiss on the left cheek. “Get up." Kiss on the forehead. “Get up." Kiss on the lips. 

I opened my eyes to find Ace's bright green ones staring down at me. Grinning I reached up and put my hand on the back of his neck pulling his lips back to mine. I let out a sigh as our lips crashed together. My brain instantly turning to mush. I tangled my hands in his hair and pulled him closer. He licked my bottom lip begging for entrance. I let him in and let out a small moan as our tongues touched and danced. He pressed his body against mine as we deepened the kiss. Sadly our kiss was cut short by a throat being cleared from the doorway. He pulled away and looked toward the doorway causing him to jump off of me before I could blink.

“I-I was just kissi-" Ace started to say but Uncle Matt cut him off.

“I think it would be in your best interest to wait in the living room." He said with a glare. Dad, Uncle Zacky, Uncle Brian, and Uncle Johnny all had matching glares on their faces. Ace picked up his backpack and hurried out of the room.

“What was that?!" Dad asked stepping in the room with the others. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed going to pick out my outfit for school. 

“Don't ignore me Hayley." He said anger evident in his voice. I grabbed the clothes and spun around to face them, “Why is it that you guys have to basically scare Ace to death for no fucking reason?" I asked narrowing my eyes. I'm getting pissed if you can't tell.

“He was on top of you and could have easily presured you into having sex." Dad answered. The guys all nodded in agreement. I scoffed and threw the clothes on the bed.

“I think I know how to take care of myself and say no; I did for 4 years." 

“Then why didn't you stop Pauly?" Uncle Brian asked. That struck a nerve. 

“Get out." I said lowly. It's like he opened old wounds when he said that.

“Oh shit. Hayley I didn't mean-" He started but I cut him off.

“All of you get. The. Fuck. Out." I yelled clenching my fists. They all jumped at my outburst and walked out of my room shutting the door. Deep breaths, Hayley. Take deep breaths to calm down.

After I took many deep breaths I got changed and made my way down stairs to the living room. 

“Ace are you ready to go?" I ask hitching my purse up on my shoulder. He nodded and got up walking over to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. Dad and the guys were still glaring at him but every time they looked at me they had sadness filled eyes. I ignored them and said bye to mom and the girls as Riley came down the stairs.

“Hey Riles she's gonna ride with me so can you pick up Barbie?" Ace asks when he sees her. Dude she's wearing the same colors as me!

“Yeah. Hayls we're wearing the same colors!" She said motioning to our outfits. Now that was creepy.

“I know, I was thinking the same thing." I responded with a giggle. She giggled and we said we'd see each other at school. I walked to Ace's car with him and got in the passenger seat. As soon as he backed out of the driveway and started driving he intertwined our fingers.

“If you don't mind me asking why were you yelling at your dad and uncle's?" He asked breaking the silence. I immediately tensed at the scenes being replayed in my head but calmed down when he gave my hand a squeeze.

I took a deep breath and looked at him as he drove, “I don't want to talk about it right now but I promise I'll tell you when I'm ready." I answered. He nodded and placed a kiss on the back of my hand.  

▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲

Giana and Barbie came running down the hall-very fast might I add-and skidded to a stop by me. I shut my locker and turned to them with my lunch money in hand.

“What?" I ask. They both had their hands on their knees trying to catch their breath.

“Riley. Fight. Slutlynn. Lunch." They gasped out. I took off down the hall in a sprint and entered the lunch room to see everyone crowded in a circle. Pushing people out of the way so I could get to Riley was kinda hard but I finally made it. 

Riley was punching Slutlynn-well more like beating her to death-while she was trying to scratch Riley. Aiden pushed through the crowd and pulled her off Slutlynn. I grabbed her when she started to go after them.

“Riley stop. She's not worth it." I said grabbing her face making her look at me. She was still glaring at Aiden and Slutlynn but shifted her gaze to me.

“She was bitch talking all of us. She called you and me orphan freaks, Giana a bitch who's parents don't love her, Barbie a spoiled bratty slut, and Ace a basterd baby." She told me. I growled and let go of her face stalking toward her and Aiden.

“You think you can get away with saying shit about all of us and get away with it?! Well let me tell ya, you got another thing coming." I growled. She stood up getting in my face. 

“The truth hurts honey." She responded with an evil grin. I pulled my fist back and slammed it into her face, making her fall to the ground with a thud. She screamed in pain and covered her face. I went to kick her but I was jerked away from her.

“In my office now." The principle said harshly. He turned toward the other kids, “Riley Sullivan you to. Now the rest of you get back to lunch." He said but yelled the last sentence. I tried to jerk my arm out of his grip but he held on tighter.

“That hurts Mr. Hicks." I exclaimed with a quiet whimper. Now I'm gonna have a bruise there since I bruise easy. 

Riley pulled me out of his grip, “She said you're hurting her." She spat. He narrowed his eyes at us and pointed to his office. She put her arm around my shoulder and led me into his office guiding me to one of the chairs.

He slammed the door and sat down with a huff, “Your aunt is coming to get." He said glaring at us. He did that for a few minutes until he spoke. 

“This is the second time you've been in here for fighting, is it not?" He asked and continued when we nodded, “That's 2 strikes so 1 more and you're out of here." 

“You have seriously gotta be kidding me?! She was talking about us and our friends behind our backs so I think she deserved everything she got." Riley said loudly curling her hands into fists. 

“I don't care if she deserved it there is still no fighting allowed on school grounds. Your suspended for 3 days, go get your bags before your aunt gets here." He waved us out. 

We got up and walked to our lockers grabbing our bags. Riley's phone vibrated and she looked at it, “Aunt Val is out front. Come on." She said slipping her phone in her bag. 

As soon as we got in the car she asked us if we wanted to go shopping. What the hell? isn't she supposed to be mad that we were caught fighting and gor suspended? 

        
▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲        

“Aunt Val is it ok if we stay with you and Uncle Matt tonight?" Riley asked grabbing her eight bags out of the back of the car. I grabbed my eight bags and slowly made my way to the door. She took us to every fucking store in the mall. I'm surprised her and Uncle Matt don't go broke with all the shopping she does. 

“Yeah that's fine with me but ask Leana and Jimmy first." She answered opening the front door for us. Pounding footsteps could be heard when we stepped in the house. Soon Uncle Brian, Uncle Matt, Aunt Michelle, mom, and dad stood infront of us. 

“Here I'll help you." Uncle Brian said stepping toward me. I glared at him and tightened my grip on the bags, “I can do it myself." I replied stomping up the stairs. 

After I dropped all the bags on the floor I started packing my bag. I put three different outfits incase we stayed longer, two different pj outfits, and my toothbrush and all that stuff in there. When I walked in the living room I dropped my bag the wall. Everyone besides Aunt Val looked at me with a confused expression.

“What's the bag for?" Uncle Johnny asked pointing to it. 

I sighed and ran a hand through my colorful hair, “Mom is it ok if Riley and I stay at Aunt Val's tonight?" I asked moving my sore fingers.

She nodded, “It's fine with me if it's fine with her and Matt." She responded as Riley came to a halt beside me with her bag. 

Aunt Val told her it was ok and that they would take good care of us. As we were getting the car I got a text from Aiden at the same time Riley got a text from someone.

Next time you want to fucking punch someone why don't you choose someone who's not my girlfriend. All I have to say is that was a bitch move and pissed me the fuck off.

Slipping my phone in my bag I shook my head, “God he is so fucking rude and stupid! No offense Riley." I exclaimed rolling down my window. 

”Did you get a text from Aiden too?" Riley asked putting her phone up. 

I nodded and looked out the open window at the passing scenery with the wind blowing my hair every which way.

▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲

After I got in my pjs and slipped on my dark grey uggs I walked down to the living room. I plopped down on the couch inbetween Uncle Matt and Riley who had her black ugg adorned feet on the coffee table. 

Riley sat up quickly, “Let's write a song." She said enthusiastically. Agreeing with a nod we both turned to look at Uncle Matt.

“All the stuff's in the basement. Come on." He stated getting up. We both smirked and followed him down the stairs to the big basement. 

“Paper's on the coffee table, guitars are on the wall, picks are in the small box, and if you need anything else come get me." He said and took off up the stairs. We got to work as soon as we heard the door close.

A couple hours later we had a new song that we were both very proud of. It was about midnight when we crashed on the couches in the basement.

▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲~*~*~*~*~▲▲

I woke up to hushed voices in the basement. It sounded like Uncle Matt, Uncle Brian, Uncle Johnny, Uncle Zacky, and dad. Opening one eye I immediately spotted them standing by the door talking.

“I really love you guys and all, but getting woke up by you makes me kinda sorta not like you." I stated in a raspy voice. 

“Yeah what she said." Riley said sitting up rubbing the sleep from her eyes. I did the same and looked to see them making their way over to the other couches and chairs.

“Let's hear the song." Uncle Zacky said. Riley and I glanced at Uncle Matt who held his hands up in defense with a big dimpled grin. We both grabbed an electric guitar and hooked them up to amps. I turned around to fix the mic and saw dad walking toward the drum set.

“What are you doing?" Riley and I ask in unison. He sat down and twirled his drum sticks, “I'm gonna play the drums for the song. We read the song and guitar chords. I already have it figured out." He said his blue eyes shining.

“You wanna play the bass for us Uncle Johnny?" Riley asked. He jumped up and got his guitar all ready. 

“I'll sing backup." I said. Riley nodded and we started playing.

And when it rains
On this side of town it touches everything
Just say it again and mean it
We don't miss a thing

You made yourself a bed
At the bottom of the blackest hole (blackest hole)
And convinced yourself that it's not the reason
You don't see the sun anymore

And oh, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming
Oh, oh, I need the ending
So why can't you stay just long enough to explain?

And when it rains
Will you always find an escape?
Just running away
From all of the ones who love you
From everything

You made yourself a bed
At the bottom of the blackest hole (blackest hole)
And you'll sleep 'til May and you'll say
That you don't want to see the sun anymore

And oh, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming
Oh, oh, I need the ending
So why can't you stay just long enough to explain?

Take your time
Take my time


Take these chances to turn it around
(Take your time)
Just take these chances, we'll make it somehow
And take these chances to turn it around
(Take my)
Just turn it around

And oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming
Oh, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming

Oh, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming
Oh, oh I need an ending
So why can't you stay just long enough to explain?

You can take your time
Take my time


The room was dead silent for a moment before they started clapping. I blushed and pushed a piece of fly away hair behind my ear. 

“That was amazing." Dad said with a proud smile. 

“I agree." Uncle Brian said.

“Kick fucking ass." Uncle Matt said propping his feet up on the coffee table. 

“Awesome shit. Hey can you play any of our songs?" Uncle Johnny asked adjusting his guitar strap. Riley and I smirked at each other and nodded. 

After we finished Almost Easy[/url] they didn't move. It was like they were paralyzed or shocked. Finally Uncle Matt broke the silence.

“I think you might be better then Brian."     
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't spell check so if anythings jacked up that's why. When they sing When It Rains Riley is singing in italics and Hayley is singing in bold/italics. Comment? Subscribe?

Songs used in chapter:
Fingerprints by Katy Perry
When It Rains by Paramore

Song of the day: Right Thru Me by Nicki Minaj