Somewhere in the Middle

Laser Tag Disaster

“Lame.” Channel flip. “Lame.” Channel flip. “Lame.” Channel flip. “Jesus Christ is there nothing on?!” I screamed. Hayley groaned and sat up.

“Damn you’re loud,” she commented, sitting up. She scratched her head and looked at me. “What are we doing today?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Laser Tag?” She smirked.

“Hell fucking yeah,” she said. “Should we get the gang, too?” I nodded.

“The more people, the more fun it us.” We ran up the steps, literally crashing into Matt. We both fell on our asses while he placed his hands on the wall to keep from falling.

“Where’s the fucking fire?” He asked.

“We were wondering if all of us can go play Laser Tag.” Hayley said. Matt smirked.

“That’s actually a pretty good idea. I’m going to call up they guys.” He walked out the room, and Hayley and I fist bumped.

“Come on, let’s go get dressed,” I said and we raced back down the steps. I grabbed my clothes and headed up the stairs to change in the upstairs bathroom and let Hayley have the downstairs one. I quickly changed and stuffed my phone, IPod, and wallet into the bag and slipped on my boots. I left my hair down and brushed out a little. I need to get it re-done. The purple is starting to fade. I brushed my teeth quickly and walked out of the bathroom.

“You ready?” Someone asked from behind me. I jumped and spun around to see Hayley. She burst out laughing. “Sorry Riles didn’t mean to give you an aneurism.” I glared at her.

“Shut up,” I laughed and we met up with Matt and Val.

“Alright, everyone is in,” Matt said with a smile. Hayley and I grinned. “Come on, we’re meeting everyone there.” He grabbed his car keys and we walked out to his SUV and drove to the laser tag place, I don’t know what the name is.

When we pulled up, I saw Dad’s, Brian’s, Zacky’s, and Johnny’s cars already there. “Damn, they beat us,” Hayley said. We got out the SUV and walked inside. Mom instantly had us in her arms. She must have missed us a lot.

“Hi, mom,” I said and kissed her cheek. I wrapped my arms around dad and kissed his cheek too. “Hi, dad.” Hayley did the same, and we walked to the front desk. Matt held up some papers and looked at everyone.

“Alright, the teams are me and Val, Brian and Michelle, Jimmy and Leana, Zacky and Gena, Johnny and Lacey, Riley and Hayley. Everyone good with those?” Everyone nodded. “Good, cause no one’s switching.” Hayley and I smirked at each other. These fuckers didn’t realize who they were messing with.

We went into the back room where we put on our gear. Mine and Hayley’s color choice was blue, Brian and Michelle were purple, Matt and Val were orange, mom and dad were green, Zacky and Gena were red, and Johnny and Lacey were yellow. Everyone had to walk to another door and when we got there we saw two guys standing there with blue outfits on, too. “Are we a team?” The one with green eyes asked. I shrugged.

“Guess so,” Hayley said. I held my gun in ready position, and Hayley followed suit.

“I take you two have played this game before?” The one with blue eyes asked. Hayley and I smirked.

“Once or twice,” I said. Lie. More like twenty times. We were pros. Then I realized something. “I can’t believe they put twins, with twins.” I laughed. All of us looked at each other. Yupp, they were twins. Cute twins, no. Bad Riley, you like Aiden…then again, Aiden has become an ass since he and Slutlynn started dating. No…don’t do it to yourself. The one with blue eyes smiled at me and I smiled back with a light blush on my face.

“So, what are your names?” Green eyes asked.

“Riley,” I said.

“Hayley,” Hayley said. “What about you two?” She asked.

“Ricky,” blue eyes said.

“Derek,” green eyes said. All four of us smiled at each other again. The bell rang signaling for us to go in. Hayley opened the door and the four of us crept into the dark room. I saw a flash of green and shot.

“God damn it!” I heard dad shout. I laughed, and he looked over at me. I waved and took off.

“Fuck,” Hayley yelled. I turned to see one of the bulbs flashing yellow. I looked around and saw Lacey giggling. Her eyes were shut, so I aimed, and fired. Her eyes shot open and she glared playfully at me. I grinned and blocked Hayley until the bulb stopped flashing.

When it did, we ran up the ramp, and my leg got a gun slammed into it. I screamed and fell to the ground. “Are you fucking kidding me?!” I yelled. I turned my head to see Slutlynn wearing an orange suite, which looked terrible on her. Hayley glared at her and helped me up. I hissed in pain when I put weight on my left leg, and Hayley let me lean on her.

“Aiden, baby, look who’s here,” she said. I noticed Aiden walk around the corner, also wearing orange, and take one look at us before sneering.

“Keep your dog on a leash, Aiden,” Hayley snapped.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” He asked.

“She just slammed her gun into Riley’s leg!” Hayley shouted.

“No I didn’t baby! She fell! I have no problem with Riley, or Hayley,” Slutlynn said, with fake ass tears streaming down her face. “Don’t you believe me?” She asked, pressing herself to Aiden.

“Yeah, babe, I believe you,” he said softly. “Now come on,” he said. They walked away, but not before she turned around and mouthed, ‘I win, bitches.’ She laid her head on his shoulder, and that was the last thing I saw before they disappeared from my line of sight.

“Did that really just happen?” I asked. Hayley nodded, with a pissed off look on her face before wrapping one of her arms around my waist, and I wrapped one of mine around her shoulders and she helped me walk to the door we came through. We walked back into the lit hallway, and I leaned against the wall, and slid down. “Go on back in. I’ll be alright out here,” I said, noticing that she kept looking back at the door. She nodded.

“I’ll get the bitch back for you Riles,” she said, before heading back inside. I looked down at my leg and noticed blood seeping through the jean fabric on my shin. I sighed, and groaned.

“Stupid bitch,” I mumbled. I sat there for about five minutes before Hayley burst through the door, holding her mouth and face. She rushed into the bathroom and I slowly got up, wincing in pain, before limping into the bathroom. “What the fuck happened?” I asked when I saw blood dripping out of Hayley’s mouth.

“Bitch blind sided me! She hit me in the mouth with the back of her fucking gun! I’m surprised my teeth are still attached to my mouth,” she growled, cupping water in her hand and pouring it in her mouth. She spit the water back out and it was pink.

“That bitch is seriously starting to piss me off,” I growled. She practically breaks my shin, and then tries to break my sister’s jaw. I was fucking heated. I need to punch something, so I settled for the wall behind me. A second after I hit it, the door opened, and mom, Gena, Michelle, Val, and Lacey walked in.

“Jesus Christ, what the hell happened to you two?” She asked, rushing over to us. She told us to get on the counter, so we both jumped on. She looked at Hayley’s jaw first, and then looked at my leg. She barely touched it and I hissed in pain. “Come on, I’m taking you both to the hospital,” she said firmly.

“Why?” Hayley and I both whined, but Hayley’s sounded more like, “whf?” I looked over at her to see the right side of her face already swelling. My jaw dropped.

“Okay, I agree. To the hospital,” I said and attempted to jump off the counter but slipped and fell on my ass. “Ow,” I whined and Gena helped me up. She let me lean on her while mom went to get some ice for Hayley’s face. I heard loud banging on the door and dad’s voice flooded through.

“What the fuck is going on?! Why is Leana getting ice? Who’s hurt?” He kept asking question after question. Mom came through the door and pressed the ice against Hayley’s face and they led us outside. Dad’s eyes widened when he saw my bloody leg and Hayley’s bloody shirt from the blood dripping down onto it. “What the fuck happened?” He asked, rushing to our sides.

“Laser tag is brutal,” I said, and grinned. Hayley tried to grin but failed miserably.

“Gena, I’ll carry her. Val, go start the car,” Matt said, throwing Val the keys and lifting me into his arms easily.

“Thanks,” I said. He grinned down at me.

“No problem, Smurfette. You okay back there, Pinky?” He asked.

“Hey, those are my nicknames for them,” Brian whined.

“Aw, poor Uncle Bri Bri,” I said in a baby voice and pouted.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

We were now back at home, and I was lying on the couch with my wrapped leg propped up on some pillows. We both had hairline fractures. Sucks right? Unfortunately, there was nothing they could really do for the fractures so they just told us to rest for about a week or two. Yay, more days off from school! Hayley was lying on the other couch with a huge back of ice pressed to her face. We were watching movies and eating popcorn. Well, I was eating popcorn. Poor Hayley couldn’t get her mouth open wide enough to eat. Her jaw was pretty swollen. “This sucks,” she mumbled. I nodded.

“I agree. I say we fucking kill her when we see her next.” She smirked, and then winced.

“Fuck,” she groaned, and buried her face deeper into the ice.

“Riley, Hayley, you have visitors!” Mom shouted from upstairs.

“Okay, thanks mom!” I shouted back. Footsteps were heard and Giana, Barbie, and Ace came down the steps. I very disappointed when Aiden didn’t come down, but I guess that was to be expected. He is pretty pissed at us for kicking his girlfriend’s ass.

“Hey baby,” Ace said to Hayley leaning down to kiss her lightly. I felt a little ping in my heart. Why can’t I have someone? Was I not good enough?

“How are you two feeling?” Giana asked, pushing back her red hair.

“Better, I guess,” I said. Hayley nodded.

“Yeaf, beffer,” she mumbled.

“Translation; Yeah, better,” I laughed. Giana and Barbie laughed, while Ace chuckled.

“Have either of you talked to Aiden since the fight?” He asked. I looked over at Hayley.

“We actually saw him today, right after his girlfriend broke my leg, and before she broke Hayls’ jaw,” I said.

“Slutlynn did this?!” Barbie asked, shooting up out of her seat. We both nodded. “I’m gonna fucking kill her,” she seethed. Giana stood up in all her five foot one glory.

“At least let me have a couple hits,” she pleaded. Barbie smirked and nodded.

“We may be coming over to keep you company for a little while. We will most likely get suspended for a few days,” she said.

“We can only fight her outside of school. If we get into one more fight this year on school grounds, we’re expelled,” I said.

“But the bitch deserved it!” Giana said. I nodded.

“I know, but still. Principal is not happy either way. We’ve only been here for not even two months and we’ve already been suspended twice,” I pointed out.

“Okay, so you two destroy her outside of school, we’ll take her in school. Girl’s not going to stand a fucking chance,” Barbie laughed. Mom came down the steps with a smile on her face.

“Alright, you three, time to go. Hayley and Riley need their rest,” she said.

“Okay, Mrs. Sullivan. Bye you guys!” Barbie and Giana said in unison, and hurried up the steps. Ace bent down and kissed Hayley on the lips.

“Bye,” he said, and then waved at me. “Bye.”

“Alright, get some rest, girls,” mom said and kissed both of our foreheads. I turned off the TV and leaned back into the pillows. I closed my eyes and welcomed the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks :)