Somewhere in the Middle

Rockin' Out

It had been a week since the whole laser tag mishap. Giana and Barbie haven't got suspended yet so I don't think they've beat her up yet. My jaw was feeling a lot better as was Riley's legs. I can actually talk right but that's when my jaw isn't sore from chewing and stuff like that. 

Aiden still hasn't talked to Riley or me. It doesn't hurt my feelings that he hasn't but I know for a fact that it hurts Riley. Lately she's been in the basement with me but instead of watching movies she's writing songs. I guess in her situation it's better to write songs and get your feelings out rather then keeping them bottled up.

“Hey Hayls, tell me what you think of this." Riley said starting to play her guitar and sing.

You say the sweetest things and I
Can't keep my heart from singing along to the sound of your song
My stupid feet keep moving to this 4/4 beat, I'm in time with you
Whoa, to this 4/4 beat I would die for you (die for you)

(Someone stop this)
I've gone to far to come back from here, but you don't have a clue
You don't know what you do to me

Won't someone stop this song, so I won't sing along
Someone stop this song, so I won't sing..

I never let love in so I could keep my heart from hurting
The longer that I live with this idea, the more I sink into this 4/4 beat
I'm in time with you
Whoa, to this 4/4 beat I would die for you (stop this song)

I've gone to far to come back from here, but you don't have a clue
You don't know what you do to me
I've come to far to get over you, and you don't have a clue
You don't know what you do to me

Can't someone stop this song, so I won't sing along
Someone stop this song, so I won't sing

Your lovesick melody is gonna get the best of me tonight
But you won't get to me if I don't sing

It creeps in like a spider
Can't be killed, although I try and try to
Well, don't you see I'm falling?
Don't wanna love you, but I do

(Lovesick melody) Can someone stop this song, so I won't sing along?
(Lovesick melody) Can someone stop this song, so I won't sing?
Your lovesick melody is gonna get the best of me tonight
But you won't get to me, no
You won't get to me 'cause I won't sing


My jaw was probably on the floor. That was one kick ass song. Man her and Aiden not talking is getting us some good songs. Now I know that probably sounded selfish or whatever but it's the truth.

She set her guitar down and sighed. “It was that bad?" She asked. I need to quit thinking so much. “No! God no. Riles it was amazing." I responded with a big grin. 

“Ok because I thought you hated it or something." She explained. I quickly shook my head and ran a hand through my hair. I really need to get it colored again. Holy shit, that's what we're going to do today.

“Go get dressed. We're going to get our hair done." I stated and ran to my room not waiting for an answer. Since I took a shower last night all I needed to do was brush out my hair, put on a little make up, and finish getting dressed. I put my sunglasses on the top of my head and grabbed my purse before making my way downstairs. 

Plopping down next to dad I smiled up at him and started messing with my phone. It started playing a loud obnoxious Midnight Beast ringtone that I don't know who put on there.

If a girl wont come round
(She must be a lesbian)
Or turns me down
(She must be a lesbian)
If she don't like me
(She must be a lesbian)
I'll let her down lightly
(You must be a lesbian)-
I smirked when dad looked at with a raised eyebrow and answered the phone.

“Hola." I spoke into the phone. 

“Hola to you to. Listen Barbie and I got suspended; can you and Skittlez come pick us up?" Giana asked. 

“Sure thing. Do you need me to tell them I'm your mom or something?" Dad looked a me with a confused face.

“No. Principle told me to call an of age cousin since he couldn't get ahold of the rents, so I called you," She said and lowered her voice, “Just go along with it." 

“Okie dokie. We'll be there in a bit." I said and hung up. Riley stood in the entryway with her purse in hand. “Let's hit the road." 

“Where are you going?" Dad asked turning his attention to us.

“To pick up Giana and Barbie at school and then to get our hair colored." I answered. He nodded and told us to be careful. I shouted that I was driving and Riley groaned. 

“What the fuck?!" I screeched. My two front tires had been slashed. Who the hell could have done this? 

Riley gasped and quickly made her way over to her car. “Jesus fucking Christ!" She yelled hastily running her hands through her hair tugging at the ends. I'm guessing her tires are the same way.

There's basically only three people who could have done this. Slutlynn or Pauly and Ronnie. Aiden wouldn't do something like this even though he's majorly pissed at us. I think he knows we'd kick his skater ass. 

“What's with all the yelling?" Uncle Zacky asked shutting the door to a wicked looking car. Dude, maybe he'll let us use it today.

“Someone slashed our tires." Riley and I said in unison. Still creepy as hell. He scrunched his nose in confusion and inspected the cars. He ‘hmmed' when he stood up turning to us. 

“Do you want to drive my car?" I tried to take the keys from him but he held them above my head. “You can drive it but you have to promise not to wreck it or listen to shitty music."

I rolled my eyes and stopped trying to get the keys. “I promise but what does shitty music have to do with anything? How would you know if we listen to crappy music or not?" I asked my hands on my hips. 

“I just do. Now get." He handed me the keys and I darted to the car with Riley behind me. When we were both in I rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof. “Thanks Uncle Zacky. Your the best." Riley yelled out the window as I pressed on the gas, pushing the car forward.

Ten minutes later I had pulled up to the school. Riley text Barbie telling her that we were out front. A minute later they were getting in the car, asking who's car it was.

“It's Uncle Zacky's. Someone slashed the tires on both our cars so he let us drive it." Riley informed them. “We're going to get our hair colored again and then maybe to the pier or something. Do you guys want to go?" 

“First can you take me to Barbie's house so we can change?" Giana asked. I nodded and started toward her house. When I pulled up they got out on Riley's side and quickly went through the front door.

 A few minutes later they were walking across her yard to the car. Giana tripped a few times causing Barbie to laugh at her. After they got in the car Giana mumbled under her breath and looked out the window.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

The hair stylist pushed my chair to where I was facing the mirror. I looked at my reflection and then turned to look at Riley. I loved both of our new hair colors.

“I love your hair." Riley said looking at me. I still think she's a mind reader. “Love yours too. Let's go see what the girls think of it." I said and we walked away after we thanked our hair stylist. 

When we walked to the sitting area the girls looked up and gasped. “I fucking love your guys' hair!" They said loudly. Some older ladies gave us disgusted looks. 

“That's not very lady like." One of the ladies stated in a hateful tone. 

“Yeah well we don't give a shit. If you minded your own business we wouldn't be having this talk, now would we." Barbie said with a glare. Guess she's still riled up from the fight with Slutlynn. 

The lady scoffed and rolled her grey eyes. “Its kind of hard when your yelling. Shouldn't you four be in school?" She asked closing her magazine. The four of us snorted and smirked at her. “We got suspended for fighting on school grounds." We said in unison. 

Her eyes got wide and she quickly went back to reading her magazine. Wuss! She's probably afraid we'd beat her up or something. I'm pretty sure Barbie might have if she said something bitchy again. We laughed loudly and paid the lady at the desk for our colors. As we walked out the door Giana turned around and waved to the lady saying, “We hope to see you again. Maybe we can get to know each other." Sarcasm dripping from her every word.

After we were all in the car I started toward the pier. When we got there it had a few people here and there, some crowds of people in places but that was it. Atleast we won't have to worry about paparazzi. 

“I WANT A SMOOTHIE!" I yelled gaining attention from everyone on the pier. They looked at us for a little longer and then went back to what they were doing. A few guys who looked to be in their twenties kept glancing at us, smirks plastered on their faces. 

“Well let's go find us a smoothie place." Riley said hooking her right arm with my left arm. Giana and Barbie did the same but decided to skip. Ok... I think they might be hyper. No smoothies for them. 

I got a strawberry banana smoothie, Riley got the same, and Giana and Barbie were told they couldn't have one. They whined and pouted, crossing their arms like it would make us give in. Sorry girls, that doesn't work on us. We walked for a minute before my phone vibrated. I looked and saw a text from Ace.

Where are you babe? 

I responded that I was at the pier and not even a second later he had replied.

I'll be there in a few. 

“What the hell? He should be in school." I said to myself. Barbie glanced at me and pushed some hair behind her ear. “I think he said something about skipping after lunch. He had a test in math this morning that he couldn't miss." She informed and ninja swiped my smoothie.

I playfully glared and tried to grab it but she stood up out of my reach. Standing up quickly I went to go after her but a voice cut me off. 

“Your Jimmy Sullivan's daughter right?" I turned around and saw those guys who were smirking at us earlier. Riley came and stood beside me with Barbie and Giana on either side of us. 

“Yeah. Why do you wanna know?" Riley asked staring them down. 

“We just wanted to know. Are you going to their concert in LA tomorrow?" One guy asked. When was dad going to ask us?

“Dad's having a fucking concert and he didn't tell us. I'm calling him." Riley huffed and got her phone out, dialing his number. The guys started to say something but shut their mouths looking behind us. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and lips landed on my cheek. I turned to see Ace looking at the guys with a blank stare. 

“Hey babe." I said pecking his lips. The guys shifted uncomfortably and bid us goodbye when Ace kept looking at them, not saying anything. 

“Who were they?" Ace asked wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged and layed my head on his shoulder. “Just some guys who like dads band." I answered taking in the smell of his cologne. He nodded and wrapped his other arm around me. 

“Dad said he wanted to suprise us and that we can invite whoever. Oh hey Ace." Riley said walking over to us. Ace replied with a, “hey," and layed his head on top of mine. 

“Umm you guys... I think there's some paparazzi over by the smoothie place." Giana said nervously. Riley and I jerked our heads toward the place and indeed saw a few paparazzi. 

I grabbed Ace's hand and looked at the girls. “Let's leave before they come ambush us." I said and started for the car. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day but not everything can go my way.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Getting dressed for the concert was hard. I didn't know what to wear so I had Aunt Val and Aunt Gena help me. Within five minutes I was being pushed in the bathroom with clothes. I quickly changed and decided I'd let them do my makeup and hair. 

“You look gorgeous Hayls." Aunt Val said. I blushed and pulled on the end of my big shirt. “Do you guys want to fix my hair and makeup?" I asked. They pushed me down on my vanity seat and got to work. It didn't take long for them to finish. 

“Thanks. Are Giana, Barbie, and Ace here yet?" I asked hugging them. They nodded and walked out of the room as Riley walked in.

“Beautimus." Riley and I said in unison. We both giggled and grabbed our purses, walking down the stairs. I hope Ace doesn't say something about how I look because dad and the guys will get pissed. Don't want another fight like last time.

“I am so fucking ready for this concert!" Giana said excitedly. Barbie nodded in agreement. “Dude it's going to be kick ass." She said in the same tone as Giana. Loud mouths. 

Ace walked over to me and pecked my lips. “You look nice baby." He complimented. I smiled and ran a hand through my hair. “Thanks." I replied. You could tell dad and the guys didn't like us kissing but mom and the girls didn't have a problem with it. I'm sure if dad or one of the guys had a son they would be telling him to screw the chick already. People who have double standards piss me off, but now is not the time to be thinking about that. 

“We better go before we're late." Uncle Matt said. We all walked out of the house and to the cars. Giana, Barbie, and Ace are riding with dad, mom, Riley, and me while the others are driving their cars.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°º¤ø„¸„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

“We have a suprise for you guys." Uncle Matt spoke into the mic. The crowd went nuts. I could barely heard myself think. “I know you guys have seen the interviews and pictures of Riley and Hayley, so tonight we all thought it would be a good idea if they came out and played with us. What do you think?" 

The crowd seemed to get louder if that was even possible. Riley and I looked at mom with shocked faces. We've never played for a huge crowd like this before. What if they hated us? What if I messed up? What if I trip? I was broken from my thoughts by Jason shoving a guitar in my hands and pushing me on stage. Riley was pushed out a second later by the other Berry brother. 

Being up there made me nervous to say the least. “Come 'ere girls." Uncle Matt hollered. We timidly made our way to him and looked out at the crowd. Huge was an understatement, it was gi-fucking-normous. 

“This is Hayley," He pointed to me and I waved. “and this is Riley." He pointed to Riley and she waved. “For our last song we're going to play Almost Easy." Uncle Brian said into his mic.

GO!
I feel insane every single time
I'm asked to compromise
Cause I'm afraid and stuck in my ways
And that's the way it stays
So how long did I expect love to outweigh ignorance
By that look on your face I may have forced the scale to tip

I'm not insane, I'm not insane
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane

(Mother)
Come back to me, it's almost easy
(Said it all)
Come back again, it's almost easy

Shame pulses through my heart
From the things I've done to you
It's hard to face, but the fact remains
That this is nothing new

I left you bound and tied with suicidal memories
Selfish beneath the skin
But deep inside I'm not insane.

I'm not insane, I'm not insane.
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane.

(Mother)
Come back to me, it's almost easy
(Said it all)
Come back again, it's almost easy
(You learned your lesson)
Come back to me, it's almost easy
(But still you fall)
Come back again, it's almost easy

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
(Hurts to say)
I tried to hold on as you slowly slipped away. (Slowly slipped away)
I'm losing the fight.
I treated you so wrong, now let me make it right.
(Make it all right)

I'm not insane, I'm not insane. Ha Ha Ha Ha
I'm not insane, I'm not - not insane.

(Mother)
Come back to me, it's almost easy
(Said it all)
Come back again, it's almost easy
(You learned your lesson)
Come back to me, it's almost easy
(But still you fall)
Come back again, it's almost easy


During the whole song I rocked out by Uncle Brian and Riley rocked out by Uncle Zacky, Uncle Johnny would walk around pane play by one of us every now and then. That had to have been the most fun I've had in a while.                        
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I started the sequel to Behind The Shadows called In To The Shadiws, which you should read by the way, and I'm starting a new Supernatural story. I didn't spell check so if you see any mistakes that's why. Comment? Subscribe? Make Skittlez and I happy.