Somewhere in the Middle

I Missed You, Bro.

After the concert, I felt completely exhausted. When we got home, I went straight up to my room and took a long, hot shower. When I was done, I braided my hair and got changed for bed. I walked down the steps to get a monster and saw Hayley already in there. "Hey, can you hand me a monster?" I asked.

"Sure. Will you get some skittles?"

"Sure." I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed to packs of skittles at the same time Hayley sat down with two monsters in her hands. We sat down and started talking quietly.

"Do you really think Slutlynn would have the lady balls to slash our tires?" She asked, taking a drink of her monster. I popped a skittle in my mouth.

"No, so that leaves Ronnie and Pauly," I said. Hayley nodded, but she had this strange far away look in her eyes. "What are you thinking about, Hayls?" She blinked and shook her head.

"Nothing, just stray thoughts. When do we go back to school again?" She asked.

"At the same time as Giana and Barbie. Next Monday." She groaned.

"Can we get into another fight with her? I hate that fucking school," she said.

"Right there with ya twin," I mumbled.

We talked for a little bit longer before we both started walking to our rooms but we didn't exactly make it. We ended up passed out on the couch.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I woke up the next morning to the volume of the TV. I groaned and rolled over, forgetting I was on a couch and let a little escape my mouth when I felt myself falling. I hit the ground with a loud thud. I leaned up on my elbows and saw Hayley staring at me. She burst out laughing and fell out of the chair she was in, clutching her sides. "It wasn't that funny," I grumbled.

"Yes it was!" She gasped out between laughs. I glared at her until she stopped. "Sorry," she chuckled and got back on her chair. I pulled myself off the floor and back onto the couch. My head was hanging off the couch and my legs were hanging off the back of it and my butt was where my back should've been.

"Doesn't that hurt your neck?" A voice from out of fucking nowhere said. I looked around and saw dad.

"Hey daddy," Hayley and I said in unison.

"Hey sweethearts. Have you two been down here all night?" He asked, sitting down next to me. We both nodded, our attention not leaving the TV. "What are you watching?"

"Pretty Little Liars, shh!" We said in unison, our gazes never wavering.

"We got your tires fixed," he said. We both glanced at him.

"Really?" He nodded.

"Yupp, good as new," he said. More footsteps were heard and everyone came in, sitting down wherever they could find a spot. It was at a good part when I got a text. I glanced down at the screen and saw it was from Aiden. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and flipped the phone open.

Riley we need to talk.

I glared at the phone and quickly typed back a reply.

Oh, now you wanna talk? This better be fucking good. I slammed the phone shut and placed it back on the table. Hayley looked over at me with a questioning look. I motioned to my phone and she picked up, reading the text.

"That douchebag," she grumbled. I nodded in agreement. My phone beeped again and I looked at it.

I'll be there soon.

You better keep your dog at home. I knew I was being at bitch, but she broke my fucking leg and Hayley's jaw. That doesn't go over well with me. And the stupid slut might have slashed our tires.

"I'm gonna go outside and meet him," I said and walked up the steps to the front door. I saw his car pull in, and I walked outside. "So, what is it you wanna talk about?" I asked once we were standing in front of each other. He sighed, and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"This stupid fight you girls have with Shylynn has to stop. Its putting a strain on my relationship with her and my friendship with you guys," he said, staring into my dark green eyes with his beautiful blue ones.

"Why? Why did you choose her over us? You've known us longer and yet you still take her side. Why?" I asked, crossing my arms and feeling the tears start pricking my eyes.

"She's going through a rough time. Her two older half brothers just got out of jail about a month or two ago and apparently they're on like a dangerous war path," he said, shaking his head.

"She has two older half brothers that recently got out of jail?" I frowned. He nodded.

"Yeah."

"Do you know what their names are?" I asked, biting my bottom lip. He thought for a couple seconds and then shook his head.

"No, I don't remember. Why?" I shrugged.

"Just curious. So...how have you been?" I asked. He opened his mouth to reply but his phone cut him off. I groaned slightly and watched as he answered it.

"Hello...hey baby...over at a friend's....yeah, baby, I'll be there soon...alright, love you too, bye." He hung up the phone. "Sorry, it was Shylynn," he said. I nodded. "Look, could you please atempt to be friends with her? Please?" He pleaded. I rolled my eyes.

"Hell no, that bitch broke my fucking leg and broke Hayley's jaw! Why the hell would I want to be friends with her?" I asked. He rolled his eyes. "Don't fucking roll your eyes at me, Aiden. You might not believe me, but it's the fucking truth," I hissed and turned to walk back into the house. I felt a hand on my arm and instantly tensed.

"I'm not done talking."

"Yeah? Well, I fucking am." I snatched my arm back and stalked back into the house. When I closed the door, I slid down it with tears in my eyes. Why did this boy have to have such an effect on me? I placed my head in my hands and breathed in deeply. I rubbed my eyes and got back up. I walked back down the steps and sat next to Hayley, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"Everything okay?" She murmured quietly in my ear.

"I'll tell you later," I muttered back. We spent about two more hours watching TV with everyone before Hayley and I announced we were going to bed. We traveled up the steps and into my bedroom. We both plopped down on the bed and I told her what happened.

"That fucking douche," she seethed. I nodded.

"I completely agree." I looked at my phone, and saw a text with an unknown number.

I SEE YOU.

I gasped and turned around, looking at my window. Nothing. "What's wrong?" Hayley asked. I handed her the phone silently and she read it. "What the fuck..." She looked out the window too, and my phone beeped again.

YOU WON'T TELL MOMMY AND DADDY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

I closed the phone, and threw it at the wall. I'm surprised it didn't break. I felt Hayley's phone vibrate and she looked down at it with wide eyes. She opened it, and then threw her's at the wall, too. "This is some bull shit," I whispered.

"Why can't they just leave us alone?" Hayley asked.

"We got them thrown in jail, Hayls. They're gonna hate us for a very long time."

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

The next day, I was sitting in the basement with the piano in front of me, trying to write another song. I always used past experiences to write our songs because emotions are what makes the songs. It took me about two hours, but I think I finally had one put together. I heard footsteps walking towards me and I looked up to see Hayley. "Riles, what the fuck are you doing up this early?" She asked, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. I grinned slightly, holding up a peice of paper.

"Writing."

"Did you come up with something?" She asked. I nodded. "Well, then play it, dip fuck." I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on the right keys and started playing.

I waited for you today
But you didnt show
No No No
I needed you today
So where did you go

You told me to call
Said you'd be there
And though i haven't seen you
Are you still there

[Chorus]
I cried out with no reply
And i can't feel you by my side
So, i'll hold tight to what i know
Your here and im never alone.

And though i can not see you
And i cant explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life (Whoaaaa)

We can not seperate
Cause your part of me
And though your invisible
I'll trust the unseen

[Chorus]

We can not seperate
Cause your part of me
And though your invisible
I'll trust the unseen

[Chorus]


"I figured we could add some drums and guitar after the first chorus," I said right after I finished. Hayley just looked at me. "What?"

"That song..."

"What about it?"

"Where the fuck did you come up with it?" I shrugged.

"It just popped into my head, and I went with it," I laughed. She nodded, and looked over the lyrics.

"These are really good," she commented.

"Thank you. Well, I don't know about you, but I want to call up Giana and Barbie and go to the mall. What about you?" I asked. She nodded.

"I'm right there with ya, twin." I pulled out my phone and then stopped.

"Hayls, it's eight in the morning. They aren't gonna be up," I realized. She laughed.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot," she said.

We ended up falling back asleep until about noon. When I woke up, I saw dad looking over my lyrics. "Did you write these?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I was working on it at about six this morning to about eight. It'd probably one of the best songs I've ever written," I said. He sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Sure, its hard to see the guy you like with some bitch that broke your leg, but he's happy," I said. I could tell he wanted to ask something else, but didn't push it. He kissed the side of my head and walked up the steps. I curled up on the couch again and sighed. Why was it always so hard to tell the people you love the most that you're hurting?

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Two days later, Giana, Barbie, Hayley, the Avenged family, and I were at the mall. After about four agonizing hours of non stop shopping, we were finally able to rest. "I have to go to the bathroom," Barbie announced suddenly and stood up.

"Well, that was random," Hayley commented. I nodded in a agreement. We were seated next to a kareoke stage, listening to terrible singers go up on stage and sing their hearts out. We just got some food and Hayley and I were practically stuffing our faces. We were so hungry.

"Would Riley and Hayley Sullivan please come up to the stage. This is a request from your friends." My eyes went wide and I glared over at Barbie who looked down at her plate with a smile on her face.

"Bitch," Hayley and I growled in unison. As we made our way up the stage, I saw Aiden and Slutlynn in the crowed, staring at us. I smirked and whispered to Hayley. When I told her my plan, she smirked back at me. "This is going to be good," she laughed and went over to the DJ to tell him the song we wanted. I saw him nod and mess around with booth.

"Alright, so we got Riley and Hayley Sullivan up here singing Girlfriend!" He announced. Everyone around clapped loudly and some people whistled.

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend

Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it's not a secret
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend

You're so fine, I want you mine, you're so delicious
I think about you all the time, you're so addictive
Don't you know what I can do to make you feel alright?
Alright, alright, alright

Don't pretend, I think you know I'm precious
And so yeah, I'm a hey, hey princess
I can tell you like me too and you know I'm right
I'm right, I'm right, I'm right

She's like so whatever
You could do so much better
I think we should get together now
And that's what everybody?s talking about

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend

Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it?s not a secret
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend

I can see the way, I see the way you look at me
And even when you look away I know you think of me
I know you talk about me all the time again and again
And again and again and again

So come over here and tell me what I wanna hear
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/avril-lavigne-lyrics/girlfriend-lyrics.html ]
Better yet, make your girlfriend disappear
I don't wanna hear you say her name ever again
And again and again and again

?Cause she's like so whatever
And she could do so much better
I think we should get together now
And that's what everybody's talking about

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend

Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it's not a secret
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend

Oh, in a second you'll be wrapped around my finger
Woo, 'cause I can, ?cause I can do it better
There's no other, so when's it gonna sink in?
Hey, she's so stupid, just what were you thinking?

In a second you'll be wrapped around my finger
'Cause I can, ?cause I can do it better
There's no other, so when's it gonna sink in?
She's so stupid, just what were you thinking?

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend
No way, no way

Hey, hey, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it's not a secret
Hey, hey, I want to be your girlfriend
No way, no way, no way, no way


During the song, I kept glancing at Aiden, hoping he'd get the fucking message but Slutlynn kept whispering in his ear and rubbing up against him like the little skank she is, and distracted him. While Hayley and I were playfully bowing, I saw I sight I know I'll never forget. Ronnie and Pauly walking towards Slutlynn. Her hugging them. And her saying, "I missed you, bro."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo sorry about the long wait. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.