Somewhere in the Middle

You Really Want To Go There, Bitch?

After about an hour of question after question from the guys, they finally accepted that Aiden and Ace were just friends and got off our asses about it. It’s been about a week since then, and of course, the Queen B and her drones were still giving us shit. On a good note though, Aiden, Ace, Giana, and Barbie are our new best friends. They know who our family is and they don’t give a flying shit in space.

“Riles, you ready?” Hayley asked, knocking on my door.

“Yeah, I’m ready,” I answered, and looked at myself in the mirror to make sure I looked good. I opened the door to see Hayley waiting for me. We smiled at each other. We decided to dress the same today and honor the guys. We were both wearing Vengeance University shirts, our Avenged Sevenfold book bags, I was wearing a 6661 necklace, and Hayley was wearing a giant V necklace. We were both also wearing black, leather fingerless gloves. Don’t know why, but we were.

“Let’s get this shit on the road. I want to get today over with as soon as possible,” Hayley said, pushing her Aviators in front of her eyes. I sighed, and put mine on too.

“You girls ready?!” Dad yelled up the steps.

“Yeah!” We yelled back.

“Move your asses along!” He yelled.

“We’re coming pops; don’t get your panties in a bunch!” Hayley yelled. I laughed. Isn’t my sister a sweetheart? We walked down the steps, and saw mom and dad standing in the living room, talking. Dad took one look at our outfits and started laughing.

“Nice attire,” he chuckled. We struck funny poses.

“I know, right?” We said in preppy voices.

“Well, let’s go,” he said. We kissed mom’s cheeks and walked outside to dad’s car.

When we reached school, this bad feeling settled in my stomach. I looked over at Hayley and saw her eyebrows scrunched together. “You feel it too?” I asked. She nodded.

“Yupp, something’s gonna go down today.” I sighed, and followed her over to where our friends were waiting for us.

“Sup?” I asked. Giana opened her mouth to say something, but immedietly shut it when her and Barbie looked behind me and Hayley. Confused, I turned to see the Queen B and her drones stalking towards us.

“You emo bitches think you can flirt with my boyfriend and get away with it?!” She screeched in mine and Hayley’s faces. Hayley and I dropped our bags.

“You really want to go there, bitch?!” Hayley yelled. Amanda got up in her face, and I stepped forward. I was always there to stop my sister from getting into fights.

“Stop, Hayls. The bitch isn’t even worth it,” I said softly, placing my hand on her shoulder. I turned around to tell Amanda to back off when my head snapped back. Bitch. Just. Slapped. Me.

As much as I’m against fighting, no one slaps me and walks away unscratched. I clenched my fist, pulled back, and snapped it forward, satisfied with the crunch I heard when it connected with her cheek. She let out a screech and stumbled back from the force. I felt someone grab and fist full of my hair and sharply tug. I let out a painful scream. That fucking hurt. I grabbed my holder’s wrist, twisting it. I heard a scream and they let go. I got up and stared at Briana.

“You think you’re so fucking cool because of who your parent’s are! You two are just fucking wannabe posers!” She screeched, launching herself at me. I side-stepped and kicked her stomach, sending her into the wall. I heard some more screams and saw Hayley fighting off Amanda and Danielle. I stalked over there, and grabbed the back of Danielle’s shirt, wanting to give Hayley a fair fight with Amanda. Danielle turned around and smacked in the same spot Amanda did. I think I had scratches on my face because it burned and I felt something warm trickled down my face.

“Do you think you’re cool because you follow a girl like Amanda around? You’re just a drone, a tag along, a shadow. And that’s all you’ll ever be,” I said. She tossed her blond hair over her shoulder and glared at me.

“Fuck you, emo skank!” She screeched, jumping at me. I didn’t expect that to happen so she hurled her whole weight at me, sending us both to the ground. I felt my head hit the floor and laid there, dazed for a couple seconds. When I could see straight again, I grabbed her shoulders and flipped us over, and punched her in the face a few times until a muscular arm wrapped around my waist tightly, lifting me off of her.

“Let me go, damn it!” I yelled, thrashing in the person’s arms.

“Riley, calm down,” Aiden said. I lurched forward, trying for Danielle again, when another pair of arms wrapped around me.

“Riles, you won, let it go,” Barbie said. It took both of them to pull me away.

“Let me go, Ace! I’m gonna fucking murder her!” I heard Hayley shout. I looked over at her, and saw her moving around in Ace’s arms while Giana had a hold of her legs. I calmed down when I saw the blood trickling out of Hayley’s mouth. Seeing your twin hurt can really calm you down. I got out of Aiden and Barbie’s arms and walked over to Hayley, Ace, and Giana.

“I got it from here,” I said softly. I put both of my hands on Hayley’s shoulders and made her look at me. “It’s over. Calm down,” I whispered. I waited a couple minutes and her breathing finally became even. “Come on, let’s go into the bathroom.” I grabbed the top of her arm lightly and walked to the bathroom. I dampened a tissue and held it to her busted lip.

“You have three scratches on your face,” she said. I smiled softly. It hurt to smile because of my cheek.

“Hayley and Riley Sullivan, report to the main office. Hayley and Riley Sullivan to the main office.” Hayley and I looked at each other.

“We would be getting blamed for this shit,” Hayley growled.

“Come on, let’s go,” I said.

“But you haven’t even cleaned off your face yet,” Hayley said. I shrugged.

“I’ll take care of it later,” I said. Since I’m the older twin, I’m always taking care of Hayley. When she’d get into fights, I’d be the one to patch her up. When she got really angry, I’d calm her down.

We walked into the main office and everyone in there looked over at us. Now that the adrenaline rush was over, I could feel everything. Especially the back of my head. I rubbed it and hissed in pain, pulling my hand away quickly.

“What’s wrong?” Hayley asked.

“When Danielle tackled me to the ground, I hit my head and it hurts,” I said, flinching when she reached out and touched it lightly.

“Holy shit, Riles, it’s already swelling,” she said.

“Yay,” I mumbled, sitting down in one of the chairs, leaning my head against the wall lightly. I closed my eyes for a second and then someone was shaking me.

“Riley, you might have a concussion. You can’t sleep,” Hayley said quietly.

“I just closed my eyes for a second, Hayls,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Riley, you’ve been out for ten minutes,” she said. I sat up straighter, and opened my mouth to say something but the principal walked out of his office and glared at us.

“You two, here. Now,” he ordered. Hayley and I stood up, and walked into his office, taking a seat in the two chairs in front of his desk. He sat down behind his desk and looked at us for a good five minutes before speaking. “Do you two realize how serious fighting on school grounds is?” He asked.

“We didn’t start it!” Hayley yelled, defending us.

“That’s not what the three girls you two beat up said,” he said. I rolled.

“They started it, sir. Of course they’re gonna tell you we started the fight,” I retorted.

“I don’t care who started it! You two are getting suspended for three days, and I already called your parents. Your mother and father are busy, so your uncles are picking you up,” he said. Hayley and I looked at each other.

“Can I go clean my face?” I asked softly. He nodded stiffly.

“You both may go, and I expect brand new attitudes when you return after your suspension,” he said. We both nodded and filed out of the room. We walked into the bathroom and I washed the blood off my face and examined the scratches. Fucking bitch. I heard Hayley’s phone vibrate and she looked at the text.

“Uncle Matt and Uncle Brian are here,” she said.

“Alright, let’s go,” I said, and we walked into the hallway where both of our bags were still in the same place. “Shocker,” I mumbled, picking my bag off the floor. Hayley and I looked around and noticed blue, pink, black, blond, and brown hair was all over the floor.

“Well, fuck,” Hayley whispered. We both looked at each other and rubbed our heads.

“Ow,” I muttered, and we walked to the main doors and walked outside to Uncle Matt’s car parked right in front of us. Hayley and I looked at each other, and lowered our heads, not wanting to face them. We hopped into the car.

“Hayley, Riley,” Uncle Brian said. We both looked up at the same time, and their eyes widened. ‘Do we really look that bad?’ I thought, and bit my lip, instantly regretting it when a sharp pain went through it.

“What the fuck were you two thinking?!” Uncle Matt said from the driver’s seat.

“The bitch accused us of flirting with her boyfriend and Riley tried to step in and stop the fight and the bitch slapped her!” Hayley said.

“It pissed us both off, but on the bright side we won the fight and it was two against three,” I said, smiling as widely as I could. Uncle Matt sighed and pulled out of the school parking lot.

“Look, just so you two know, Jimmy and Leana are pissed and worried as shit,” Uncle Brian said. Hayley said something, but I started to doze off again.

“Riles… Riley, wake the fuck up!” Hayley yelled. I sat up straight, wide eyed.

“I’m up, I’m up,” I mumbled.

“You both look exhausted. Why don’t you both sleep?” Uncle Matt asked.

“Riles hit her head on the floor and there’s a knot. I’m kinda wondering if she might have a concussion,” Hayley said.

“I think I’m gonna need a big bag of ice,” I groaned, leaning forward.

“We should get like, one jumbo one, and lay underneath it,” Hayley said, making me laugh.

“That’d be nice,” I commented.

“If you two are acting like this, I feel bad for the girls you trashed,” Uncle Brian laughed.

“Yeah,” Hayley and I said in unison.

A couple minutes later, we pulled up the house and when I saw mom pacing the front porch with this odd expression on her face, I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Hayley and I looked at each other and sighed.

“Now or never, right?” Hayley laughed.

“I think I chose never,” I joked and got out of the car with Hayley. Mom must of heard us because her head snapped up and she looked at us. Her face looked so conflicted. It looked like she was contemplating on whether or not she should yell at us or cry. She settled for letting out a sound of defeat and threw her arms around us. Hayley and I placed our arms around her, and hugged her back.

“Are you two alright? My God, look at you,” she said, trailing off. She was looking at Hayley’s split lip and the gash on her forehead from one of the Bitch’s nails and the three scratches on my cheek and my split lip.

“We’re fine, mom,” I reassured her. Her eyes welled with tears and she sighed.

“Come inside. Jimmy’s been practically having a heart attack,” she said. Hayley and I looked at her, confused.

“What? Why?” We asked at the same time. Mom looked at us with an amused expression.

“No father wants to know that their daughters got hurt. It pretty much breaks their hearts,” she said.

“Aw, poor daddy,” I said. Mom laughed slightly.

“Now come on so you two can put your father at ease,” she said and led us inside. When we walked in, Uncle Zacky, Uncle Johnny, Aunt Gena, Aunt Michelle, Aunt Lacey, and Aunt Michelle were sitting down while dad was standing up, pacing. He turned his head towards us when he heard us, and a look of relief washed over his face.

“Hi daddy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes. Comments and messages make us happy!