Dorian.

V

Dorian
My first Saturday in La Push and it was raining.
Janna had made pancakes for breakfast, she was sat with me while I ate, she smiled softly, almost motherly.

‘Have you been having a good time at school?’ she asked.

I swallowed my mouthful of food and nodded, ‘Yeah, it’s been okay’ I replied, I taken to keeping my answers ambiguous and non-committal.

‘Made any friends?’

‘Yeah a few’ I lied; after all, what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her.

‘That’s good honey’

‘Yeah, it’s great’ I mumbled devouring the rest of my breakfast.

‘What are you doing today?’ I asked as I carried my plate over to the sink.

‘Well, Michael’s going to spend some time with Billy and I’m going into Port Angeles to do a little shopping’ she paused for a second and then added ‘would you like yo come with me?’ I felt she asked more out of duty than actual want of me with her.

‘Um, no thanks. I’ve got some homework that needs doing’ I lied

‘Oh, okay, another time then sweetie’ she replied smiling softly and heading out of the kitchen and up the stairs, presumably to get ready to go out.
I decided to that I’d go out today just to do a little exploration of La Push, seeing as I was going to be living here for the foreseeable future I needed to get a idea of the place. I sat myself in the living room and switched on the TV. I’d seen very little of La Push since I’d arrived (well I had only been here three days) but I already knew I was the only Caucasian person living in the reservation and that it was tiny and there was a beach. Other than that, this place was still a mystery.

‘Dory? I’ll be back at 3, is there anything you want?’ Janna asked, stopping at the living room door.

‘No thank you’ I replied, not taking my eyes off the TV screen.

‘Okay, I’ll see you later honey’ she said, I heard the door close and her car pull out of the drive away. I ran up the stairs and grab a hoodie and my beanie before heading out the door myself.

The rain had eased up and it was only drizzling. I looked up and down the street, I knew that if I went left I’d be on the road to Forks so the only logical thing to do would be to go right, I pulled my hoodie tight around me and headed off.

I soon found myself not surrounded by houses but by trees and climbing up a gentle slope. The further I walked the denser the trees became and I soon found myself lost in deep woods and I couldn’t stop, this place was so beautiful, the already diminished light was filtering though the dark green spruce tree bathing the whole place in a mystic green light, even the rain didn’t penetrate here. I had the feeling that there was something supernatural about this place, it was charmed and I could feel it running though my body.

I stood in the centre of a small glade, with my arms stretched wide and my eyes tight shut. I slowly began to spin around, feeling the cold air slipping over my face and freezing the ends of my fingers. I began to move faster and faster not wanting to ever stop and lose the feeling of liberty that was overwhelming me.

‘Having fun?’ a deep voice cut though the roaring sound of the air in my ears, I stopped instantly, trying to locate the speaker, I stumbled, unable to keep my balance in the still spinning world. I hit the mossy floor before I even knew I was falling.
I was dazed, confused and still very intrigued by the mystery speaker and suddenly there were hands on my, hauling me into a sitting position.

‘Are you okay?’ she same voice asked from close beside my ear.

‘Yeah, I think’ I replied, clutching my head, desperately trying to steady the spinning world.

‘Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you’ the voice said, I could feel his hands on me, one on my hip and one on my back, they felt unusually warm through my rain damp clothes.

‘It’s okay’ I mumbled, finally feeling steady enough to turn around and see who’d been watching me.
Dark eyes and russet skin, plump lips and very little clothing. I stared at him for a few seconds. He was the boy who’d come to the door on Wednesday.

‘Why aren’t you wearing anything?’ I asked, looking down at this bare and muscle bound chest.

‘Um, I’ve just been for a run’ he replied, looking down at himself too.

‘What are you doing out here?’ he asked, standing up and offering me his hand, I took hold of his wide hand and felt myself being lifted with incredibly ease.

‘Just going for a walk’ I said, shrugging and brushing the dead leaves off my jeans.

‘In the rain?’ he asked, almost sarcastically.

‘And you go running in the rain?’ I replied with the same attitude, he laughed, showing off his beautiful smile and his white teeth.

‘I’m Jacob’ he said, offering me his hand.

‘Dorian’ I replied, carefully taking hold of his hand, it felt particularly hot as it wrapped around mine. I guess it was from the running.

‘Cool name’ he said, smirking.

‘You think it’s stupid’ I said, eyeing his smirking with contempt.

‘No, I don’t’ he replied, trying and failing to look hurt.

‘Okay, well at least you think it’s a boy’s name’ I retaliated, he laughed ‘Okay, maybe you got me there. I’ve never heard of a girl called Dorian before’ he admitted, running his fingers though his short, rain soaked hair.

‘Walk with me?’ he said, after a few seconds of silence.

‘Sure’

We continued to walk deeper into the forest, I was now completely disorientated and just praying that Jacob wasn’t some crazed psycho killer.

‘So Dorian, what brings you to La Push?’ he asked.

‘Umm’ I felt my skin flush and my heart rate quicken. ‘My Godfather, Michael, I just wanted to spend some time with him’ I said, it was mainly a lie but what did it matter?

‘Cool, cool, Mikes a cool guy’ he said, holding a branch out of my way. We walked silently for a few minutes, the noise of the forest was the only sound.

‘You don’t talk much’ Jacob remarked.

‘Well, I could say the same for you’ I replied, shooting him evils, he laughed again. I was beginning to enjoy this boys company, even though I’ve only known him a few minutes.

‘Hmm, you seem to have me there’ he replied, again pushing his fingers though his hair.

‘Jacob, where are you leading me?’ I asked, glancing up at Jacob profile.

‘Just out of the woods’ he replied.

‘Oh, okay’ I mumbled.

‘Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to rape you or anything’ he said, grinning, I could hear the laughter in his voice, clearly he thought that me being slightly scared was amusing.

‘Like you could hurt me’ I scoffed, trying to regain a little of my knocked confidence.

‘Oh, so you think you’re hard?’ he asked, his voice defiant.

‘Yeah, I do actually’ I fired back; this boy had a lot to learn, including not to mess with girls from Des Moines.

The trees had begun to thin and there was a small building in the clearing ahead. We emerged from the trees and Jacob headed straight for the house. I stopped at the edge of the trees. Jacob looked back at me once he noticed I wasn’t behind him.

‘What’d ya stop for?’ he asked, smirking again when I didn’t reply.

‘Come on. I’m freezing out here’ he said, laughing and running his hands over his bare arms.

I thought about it for a second more before following him into the house, still hoping that he wasn’t a psycho.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey Jacob! Nice to see you!

Love and snugglybedcuddles for my readers, commenters and subscribers.