Status: New story :)

Sojourn

Roadtrip to Nowhere

Hunting is in my blood and I’ve been trained by my mother since I was four and right in the head. She always told me to be on high-alert, trust a few, move swiftly, and be strong. Jane Glakinsinger is still very much alive and hunts here and there. She guides me when I ask and aids me when I call. Jane, along with the great Hunters (living or dead), is regarded the most respected, legendary Hunter. I want to be like her or even better and the pressure is on since she’s my mother…

“What would it be today, hon?” I smiled and looked Doris, a middle-aged ginger haired woman.

“The usual, Doris.” Doris smiled and walked away with my order. “Thanks!” I called back and returned to reading the newspaper. One particular headline caught my attention on page two. It was something about a brutal massacre of a family. The autopsy showed gruesome slashes within the victims and the heart pulled out of the bodies. Police report to be it too horrifying for pictures to be posted. It got me curious and I have a theory that this isn’t some estranged serial killer or a rabid, wild animal. No way; this is a supernatural phenomenon.

I put my netbook back in my bag, took out a straight ten dollar bill, drank my fruit punch to the finish, and left. My 1964 Dodge 330 roared to life and I got some looks as the engine was loud for their too sensitive ears. I didn’t mind because I love Ronald. Yeah, that’s right, I named my car. The drive to my house isn’t that long - it only took roughly twenty minutes between my place and the town. Fletcher Springs, a quiet little town, who knows everyone and stare at newcomers or tourists. In my case, people know me as that girl with the obnoxious car. Grandpappy Jones, who is not related to me whatsoever, told me to get rid of it because it was unladylike. Yeah, like me hunting demons, monsters, ghouls, and spirits were fit on the description of being lady-like.

The front door creaked as I opened it. I kept my senses on high-alert as I entered the living room. It’s dead silent and I used my central and peripheral vision as I scoped out the environment. ‘Damn it,’ I thought to myself as I walked forward, slowly. ‘I forgot my gun in the car.’ A glance of a shadow that ran across the right of the room to another. I paused and tried to ponder my next move. Mom always said to trust your gut and my gut said to meet it halfway. I swiftly moved across the room, back against the wall. I might as well fight with hands - I’m sorta good with combat.

I checked the opening, leaning my head against the side wall to conceal it enough. I saw the figure, crouching and waiting on the other side; waiting for me to appear over there. I smiled, but when back to my old position before it had a chance to turn my way. I gulped, breathed in hard, and looked around for objects as weapons. The closest thing I got was an umbrella - good enough. I re-checked on the figure again and it was gone. Before I even turned back to the wall, someone hugged me from behind and I couldn’t budge. The person and I moved around the area, hitting walls and knocking random objects off the shelves. I was having trouble to let the person let go. The grip was too strong but I managed to let her release when I rammed backwards toward a wall real hard.

“Nice one,” mom said. I cringed a little, thinking maybe I have damaged her this time. “You got your mother good this time,” she winked at me as she stood up, her hand massaging a small portion of her back. “And don’t worry, I’m strong like iron!”

“Do we always have to do this every time I leave and come home?” I leaned against the wall frame, crossing my arms. My mom was fixing the fallen objects back to their original place. She gave me a grin and I sighed. “How’d I do?”

“You need to work on your element of surprise. You work too slow, hunnie.” I shrugged and smiled. “But I like how you went forward to meet me halfway on the other side. Good idea because majority of the time, they’ll wait for you to follow them and they’ll surprise you.” She turned and walked towards the study. “By the way, I have a new case for you in Texas.”
♠ ♠ ♠
O hai~ I finally created a SPN fanfic ._.
Please give me advice or constructive crits :)

Here's her car Ronald