How to Mend a Broken Heart in Ten Days

Heaven Is A Place On Earth

Aria's POV

Knife wounds covered my entire body. I tried to speak but no words would come out. I could hear my dad frantically crying out for me and all I wanted to do was get up and give him a hug. I've never seen him cry nor do I ever want to again.

" She's not going to survive, it's better if you take her off the life support" one of the doctors said.

I tried to jerk my body forward to show I was conscious but my attempt failed. Can't they tell that I'm awake? What kind of hospital is this?

" No. I know she'll pull through" My dad said but he seemed unsure

" 10 days then we'll have to pull the plug" The doctor said while giving him a pat on the back.

All my dad did was nod. Well that's all he could do.

I longed to tell him that everything would be all right but I wasn't even sure of that myself. I started to feel really drained until I could no longer keep my eyes open.

" You should never walk alone at night" an unfamiliar voice said.

"Huh" I said confused noticing that I was in a forest not heaven or the hospital as I was expecting to be.

" Don't worry you're not dead.................... at least not yet" He said while picking some unknown substance off his clothes. Even though his tone was cryptic. I knew he would cause me no harm.

Not replying he continued "You have been granted a second chance at life, Aria"

" Then why am I in a forest and not a hospital room"

" To get a second chance you have to prove that you deserve it"

" Are you shitting me right now" He wasn't making any sense and I looked around to see if Ashton Kutcher would jump out.

" Your favorite color is blue. Your dog ran away when you were seven. Your secretly scared of the dark. You like to write poetry and -

" That only proves your a stalker"

" The only thing that it proves is that I'm your guardian angel" He took two steps closer to me and look me dead in the eyes and said

" Do you want to see your dad again or not"

That struck a sensitive nerve and then all the memories that I tried to repress came back.

"Just tell me what do. I'll do anything" I said while putting on my serious face.

" Jacob Black. You have to make him fall in love with you and here comes the tricky part you only have ten days"

" Why fall in love, why not feed the homeless or help stray dogs find homes of their own" I had the worst luck with guys. I've never been asked out much less spoke to guy other than the ones I was related to you.

" I don't make the rules Aria but what I do know is that he needs someone right now. The girl he loved left him for someone else"

" Please give me another task please--- " I paused realizing I never got his name.

" Malachi and there's no other task I can give but I can be of some help to you" Malachi said while pointing to a bag that layed under the tree.

"Goodbye Aria. I'll be watching over you"

" Wait" I cried out but it was too late, he had already disappeared into thin air and like always I was left to pick up the pieces.