I Love to Hate You

Vientiocho!

I didn't know what to do after I left. I knew people would understand why I left, even though they think it's for a different reason. I had to find Will, I couldn't just sit around and wait for a phone call, could I? But I had no leads to where he was and no idea on how to find him. I could go to his house and ask his parents if they knew...but I've never met them, so they probably wouldn't tell someone they didn't know.

Sighing in frustration and pain, I go to my truck and pull out of the school. I had to go somewhere and standing around wasn't somewhere. After driving for what felt like a long time, I pull into the Rosewood Ice Cream Parlor.

A bell jingles above the door as I open it. I always liked the sound of the bells. It reminded me of old movie Parlors. A college student was working behind the bar, they can only hire the money-hungry college kids to work here, everyone else just wants the amazing ice cream.

Taking a seat at the bar, I look at the menu. I could feel the boy's curious gaze on me as I decided what I wanted. I knew I looked interesting; A girl with cuts and bruises all over her, red eyes from crying, and a confused, pained look on her face. Yeah, I was pretty much an open book.

"Can I have the biggest sundae you can make?" I ask, after decided I couldn't chose just one thing.

"Sure thing." He goes to the ice cream cooler and pulls out a huge bowl. He then proceeds to place scoop after scoop into the bowl, along with whipped cream, cherries, nuts, and chocolate syrup. I asked for no banana.

"Here you go." He smiles as he places the bowl in front of me.

Smiling a little, I take a bit from the sundae and figure out that it was the best decision I've ever made. Looking around, I notice that the place was empty besides me and the guy. His name tag, I finally notice, reads Kyle.

"So, why aren't you in school?" Kyle asks, still peering curiously at me.

"I've been through a lot lately." I tell him, shoveling more ice cream into my mouth. "Stuff you probably wouldn't believe." I say after swallowing.

"You look familiar. Have you been on TV lately?" He asks, trying to continue a tough conversation.

"Yeah, I have," I tell him, "You watch the news?" Everyone already knows, why not tell him?

"Yeah, my new roommate always has it on, says he wants to make sure he's updated about something. Dunno what." Kyle says.

"Well, did you see the video from those two psychopaths?"

"Sure did, pretty messed up if you ask me."

"You know the girl? The one who they kidnapped? Tortured? Nearly killed?" I think it was starting to dawn on him.

"Yeah..."

"Yeah, my life is pretty traumatized after that." I tell him, shoving yet more ice cream into my mouth.

"That was you? Holy cheese puff!" Cheese puff? Really?

"So, I decided on a mental health day." I motion towards the ice cream.

"My roommate has been talking about that video nonstop. He says he knew the girl in the video. Always had pained look when he talked about it. Small world, I s'pose."

Something clicked. This roommate sure sounds a lot like...

"Will's a different one though. Came up to my apartment just before I was going to my night class. Asked if he could fill in the empty bed. Told him he'd have to pay rent. The kid was loaded though."

It truly was a small world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! I feel like this is moving too fast. It's going to end soon. D:
But, what do you think of a sequel? I mean, would that be kick-ass or no-go? tell me?
Psst, I love you all for reading!
--Chel-Cee! =]
P.S. I love how I have almost a full star rating. you guys are AWESOME!