I Love to Hate You

Three!

School went by in a slowly fast kind of way. The day seemed to wizz by, but the minutes dragged on every time I looked at the clock. By the time it was over, I was exhausted and sure as hell didn't want to "hang out" with Will.

I saw him quite a few times in the hallway, flirting with a girl or joking with a guy. He certainly is Mr. Popular. I'm not. I have friends at school, but we don't hang out.

I'm at my locker putting my the things I don't need away when Mr. Popularity comes up. I pretend to not see him. Or ignore him, whichever you prefer.

"Uhm, Norah?" Man, he makes my name sound amazing. Wait, no he doesn't!

"Yeah?" I turn around to face him.

"Ready to go?" His eyes linger over to a cheerleader walking by in short shorts and a tank top. That's our school's cheerleader practice uniform.

"Whatever." I slam my locker and make my way to my baby. I am completely in love with my truck. It was big and shiny and cherry red. I loved it.

"Whoa...this thing is yours?" Will stares at it shocked.

"It's not a thing." I say defensively. Will busts out laughing.

"You're so serious! Why would you have a truck?" He asks, kind of rudely.

"It was my dad's you ass. Fuck, just follow me home." I basically scream at him. Talking about my parents was a touchy subject with me.

I loved my parents so much and was completely devastated when they got in the crash. I was in a deep state of depression for a long time. I'm better now, but I still miss them. And when someone makes fun of anything about it, I get angry.

When we reach my house, I park my baby and slam the door. It was a tough truck, it could handle a little beating. Will's 2010 Camaro pulled up next to mine. His little car was nothing compared to my baby.

"Alright, let's go." I say, grabbing my bag and heading towards the front door.

The minute we walk in, I instantly know Rick and his friends are here. The place smells of booze and weed. Oh boy.

"Hurry, let's get to my room." I say. The house was all one floor, so it shouldn't be that hard to get him to my room. As long as we were quiet when we passed the dining room doorway.

We had almost made it. We went right past the dining room and were almost to my door when Rick came out.

"Who is this Norah?" Rick was stoned and drunk, not a good combination.

"This...is Will. We're working on a project." I say quietly. I knew Rick was going to yell.

"Did I say you could have someone over after school? Did I?!" Rick yells.

"Sorry Rick. I should have asked." I stare down. I can feel Will looking at me.

"Whatever, I don't care. Go get me a can of pop. Some for my friends too." He says, then goes back into the dining room. "Your friend can help too, their in the garage." Rick calls, then laughs with his friends.

I drop my bag on the counter. "Come on, I'm going to need some help." I say softly and lead Will out to garage.

"Who was that?" Will was still staring at me.

"My brother. He's usually not so bad." I say, pulling a 24 case of Coke off the shelf. Our garage is air conditioned, so everything is cold in here.

"He didn't seem very nice. A dick really."

"Yeah, well after my parents died things went bad." I snap. This boy was digging to deep too fast. But he didn't know... "Sorry. I didn't mean to snap." I say, looking down again.

"Don't worry about it." He says, grabbing the 24 case from me. "Let's go." He gives a boyish smile and starts back towards the house.

"Here you go." I say, passing the drinks around. Will was in the doorway waiting for me.

Of course, as I walk out one of the guys grabs my butt. I gasp and glare again. Wonderful. Humiliation in front of the hottest guy ever. Of course the guy IS a player.

I sigh and walk out, leading Will to my room. I didn't want to have to explain anymore. I really didn't want to do this project. I didn't want to be here with this Greek God. This has been a horrible day.

"Alright, let's get this over with..." I flip open a notebook and look at Will.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this one isn't as funny as the last, but I thought I should make a more serious one to keep the story going. I hope you all like it so far! =]