I Love to Hate You

Nine!

Will was rubbing his eyes when he woke up. He didn't even notice that I was awake. So I watched him with a bemused look on my face. This boy was more complex then anyone I had ever met before. Within the past two days, the kid was able to: piss me off, like him, hate him, want to punch him, and saved my life. That's not exactly normal.

I sigh, rather loudly, as I waited for him to notice me. What. The. Hell. Was I really that invisible. I mean, I'm not the most outgoing or the loudest, but I wasn't in-effing-visible!

"Oh, I didn't know you were awake." No shit Sherlock.

"I know. So, what were you doing around my neighborhood anyway? It was nighttime?"

"I was just walking around. It's a free country, I can do that." He points out.

"You live in the rich part of town, that's not so close to where I live. Or lived." I look down. Great, where are we going to find a house?

"You could say thank you before interrogating me. That might be nice."

"Sorry. Thank you. If you hadn't saved me, I'd be dead." I say.

"Better. And I was walking around because I had to get out of the house while my mom and dad talked with my sister. She's pregnant."

"That's great!" I say. I loved little kids.

"She's 14." He looked pissed.

"Oh." Was my genius response.

"I have to go. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He stands up and awkwardly hugs me. It's hard with all the tubes.

"See you at school soon?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, definitely." I say before closing my eyes. I was still exhausted.

I heard the door shut behind Will as I fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Welcome to our Humble Home." Rick spreads his arms to showcase our new home.

It was Saturday, moving day. We were going to get all the boxes in the right rooms today. The house wasn't too bad. It was small, only two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room. But it was big enough for Rick and I.

"It's nice. Let's get everything undone today. So, stop showcasing our house to no one and move your butt. You're in the way." I smile and push past him to the house.

We saved what we could out of the house, which wasn't much. Some of my clothes, some of his. None of the furniture made it out. We got a few pots and pans. But otherwise, we had to buy new stuff. Rick was able to take some money out of our parents' huge money savings and buy us everything we need. So we had a whole house again, just with none of the old stuff.

It took forever, but finally we got everything sorted. Now all that was left was unpacking. Rick got a few friends to sober up and help with the kitchen and living room. While they were doing that, I went to my room.

It was time to unpack. This wasn't exactly what you would call fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I don't think this chapter is as good as the others, but I'm coming up with a new story. I think it's going to be called "Opposites Attract" But I'm not completely positive. So, we'll see how things go!