Lyrical Lies

Call This a Mask

"How about Violet the Great?" asked Bob as he desperately tried to come up with a superhero name for me.

I scrunched up my nose in distaste and shook my head.

"Fine. How about Violet the Wonderful? Or Violet the Fantastic? Or how about Violet the Wondertastic?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his suggestions.

"Those are way too long, Bob. They would take forever to say, and besides, they are so not cool enough for me," I said with a smirk.

"Well I think Violet the Wondertastic is a pretty awesome name. If you don't want it then I'll take it."

"Okay. You can be Violet the Wondertastic."

"No!" shouted Bob. "I'm going to be Bob the Wondertastic! Duh!"

I laughed.

"Okay, Bob."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up. It was Frank.

"Whatcha doing?" asked Ray as he followed Frank into the room.

"Trying to come up with a superhero name for Violet, but she doesn't like any of my suggestions," Bob complained.

Frank pressed his lips to my forehead before sitting down beside me. His arms wrapped around me as he pulled my body into his chest.

Ray was thoughtful for a few moments before his face lit up.

"I know! How about Aura for a superhero name?"

I smiled.

"I like it. It's so much better than Violet the Great," I said as I stuck my tongue out at Bob.

"Oh. Violet?" I heard Frank say from underneath me.

"Yes?"

"Lily is spending the weekend here; Amy has to go to New York for work."

"Yay!" Bob and I squealed at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Ryan Ross; for the superhero name Aura!!!

Comments? Pretty pretty please?