Status: Momentarily On Hold

50 Myths That Could Ruin Your Life

Daddy

Cobra Starship’s “Hollaback Boy” blared from my phone. I grabbed my cell phone and looked at the caller ID. “ALEC” read big and broad on the screen underneath the picture we had taken at the birthday party.

“Hello,” I answered.

“Hey, Carla!”

“Hey.” I smiled at the sound of his voice.

“So, I was wondering if you’d like to go out tomorrow.”

Tomorrow… what’s tomorrow? Today’s… Friday. “Uh, sure, but you should know that I’m with my Dad on the weekends, actually I’m with him now, but he takes an extreme dislike to guys. Specifically, the ones I date.” Except for Brian. Damn charmer.

“S’okay. I’ll be sure to be very respectful. He’ll be sure to like me.”

Well, my mother wasn’t exactly easy-going on him. I winced. “Uh, alright. What time tomorrow?”

“Five,” he told me, and I nodded.

Remembering that he couldn’t see me nod, I answered, “Alright. Sounds great.” I gave him my address, then hung up.

I walked downstairs to the living room, where my dad was watching TV. “Hey, Daddy?”

He looked at me suspiciously. “Yeah?”

Shit. Must’ve overdone it with the “Daddy” part.

Myth #24: Parents are oblivious to everything.

“Uh. So, this guy, Alec, asked me out—”

“The one your mother doesn’t like?” he interrupted.

Myth #25: When parents are divorced, they don’t share information to each other to keep the kid in check.

I deflated. “Yes. That one.”

He gave me a look. You know that look. It’s the just-what-do-you-think-I-am look. I hate those. “I… don’t want you to date him if your mother doesn’t approve.”

“But she didn’t give him a fair chance!” I protested. “He barely spoke to her and she had already judged him! Come on. Besides,” I added, “didn’t mom’s parents hate you when they first met you? Then look, they loved you!”

Well, until they found out he had cheated on their only daughter. Then they went back to hating him.

He sighed. “… Fine. But,” he warned, “do not let your mother know. I’m gonna see if I like the kid or not, okay?”

I nodded. “Thank you!”

Maybe Alec just gets along better with guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really just not happy with this chapter. :/ Sorry, guys. >< Next one will be better <3

Thanks to
ElyRae You'll see soon enough ;D
Sehnsucht. x333 I'm glad :D Merry (late) Christmas to you, too!
nicholas joseph; you still love me :P And ahaha xDDD
for commenting.

Comment! :D

--Kat