Innocence

Chapter 24

Image

I was putting the finishing touches on my packing, when Johnny came walking into my room. “Wow, you’re actually done?” He asked, surprised.

“Yeah, I started yesterday. I’m sure I’m going to get crap from Brian,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Why?”

“Because of how much I packed.”

He started laughing. “Don’t worry; he packed way more than you.”

I looked at him like he was on crack. “Are you kidding me?”

He laughed and shook his head. “Nope, now you can give him crap about it.”

“Oh, don’t worry, I will.” I looked back to my suit case and wondered how I was going to get it shut. “Hey, John, can you do me a favor?”

“Yeah, what’s up?”

I smiled, patting the top of my suit case. He sighed, rolling his eyes before jumping up to sit on it. Then I successfully zipped it up.

“Alright, let’s go grab your girl of a brother,” he said, picking up my suit case and taking it down for me.

We said by to Momma, before heading out. I guess Johnny was sent to get Brian and me since we took the longest.

When we got to his house, we found him in the kitchen talking to Pinkly while he cooed to her. It took all Johnny and I had to not laugh at him. When he looked up, he looked as if he was a deer caught in the headlights. “Don’t’ look at me like that! I’m going to miss her,” he pouted, holding her closer if possible.

“It’s okay, Bri, we’re only going to be gone for a week. I’m sure you’ve left her for longer periods of time,” I said, trying my hardest to still not laugh.

He glared at Johnny and I. “You guys suck, you know that?” That just set us off, and we started laughing to the point where we couldn’t breathe.

“Just go get your shit so we can leave,” Johnny said once he could breathe again.

“Fine,” he grumbled, before shuffling up to his room.

“Where’s Michelle?” I asked Johnny, realizing that she wasn’t here.

“She spent the night over at Val’s so they could plan some stuff, I guess?”

I laughed, shaking my head at him. “Wow, Johnny, so informative.”

Once Brian came down with all of his things, we were glad Johnny brought his truck… I’m pretty sure Brian packed more than any of us.

When we got to Matt’s, everyone was there except for Zacky. “I don’t know what’s taking him so long,” Matt sighed agitatedly.

“He’s probably-” Jimmy was cut short by the door opening.

“Sorry we’re late,” Zacky said, walking in with Gena behind him. Right then, my heart sank.

“I thought you were meeting us later?” Matt asked her, confused.

“My boss ended up giving me the time off so I can leave with you guys today,” she said, smiling and holding onto Zack.

I looked away, not wanting to watch the show. Gena has never done anything to me, but I suddenly felt a huge hatred towards her. Maybe it was because she had what I couldn’t.

“Alright, let’s get this show on the road,” Matt said, itching to leave.

I was about to flip when they made Gena and Zacky sit with me. This was going to be the most awkward drive ever. I knew I couldn’t make a huge deal about it thought, because I would rise some questioning. As far as everyone was concerned, I was still best friends with Zack; nothing more, nothing less.

Thankfully we stopped for gas, so I took advantage of that. “Manda, do you-” I cut Zack off by hopping out of the car.

I walked over to Matt who was driving the other car. “Matt, I need to switch with someone. Please don’t make me ride next to Zack, it’s too awkward.”

“Why’s it awkward?” He asked, confused.

“He’s just been acting weird lately. Please have someone switch with me.”

He still looked at me weird, but nodded his head. “Brian, switch with Manda, Dude.”

“Why?” He asked, just as confused.

“Just because, I’ll everything explain later.” Bri just nodded and switched. I went to go get in but Matt stopped me. “We’ll talk about this later.” I knew he wasn’t going to let me get away.

I climbed into the car and got a weird look from Jimmy. “I thought you were in the other car?” I just shook my head. He smiled softly and opened his arms. “You don’t always have to strong. You can have your moments.” He thought I was having a moment because of my dad still, and that I needed him for comfort. Well, the last part was true.

It was a short drive to Vegas because I slept most of the way thanks to Jimmy. He was easy to fall asleep on. “Are you awake, sleepy?” He asked as we pulled up to the hotel. We were staying at Caesar’s Palace. This place seemed so cool; I’ve always wanted to stay here.

“So, room’s,” Matt grabbed all the keys and started handing them to everyone. “Since Lacey can’t come, we have Johnny, Val, and Manda left. Do you guys just want to flip a coin to see who gets a single and who shares?”

“Sure,” we all shrugged.

When the coin flipped, I was the one that got the single. We all grabbed our stuff and headed for the rooms. “I’m going to come by later,” Zack whispered in my ear before I went into my room. His breath sent chills down my spine. What the hell could he possibly want?

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh do I have plans for this storrry... :]] hehe