Innocence

Chapter 26

Image

*Brian’s P.O.V.*

I held Manda’s hair back as her stomach kept trying to expel anything that was left of the alcohol. I’m pretty sure it’s just bile left, now. I know I said I wasn’t going to hold her hair back, but I couldn’t just leave her to fend for herself. The two idiots were in no condition to help her, and I sure as hell wasn’t going to let Zack or Matt look after her. God only knows what could happen with that…

She groaned, leaning back against the tub. I looked at her, frowning and moving her bangs out of her face. “Why do you do this to yourself, Manda?” I whispered, not really looking for an answer.

Janie and I had talked a little while Manda wasn’t around, and this was something she did often sometimes. She would say she was just letting loose and having some fun since she didn’t do it when she was younger. We both knew that was a lie. It was her not-so-logical way of dealing with something that she didn’t, couldn’t, or wouldn’t confront face on. But what she didn’t realize was that, in the end, it would just make her worse. This was no way to deal with anything.

I knew she would handle herself, hell; she handled us for years when we couldn’t get a grip on reality. But, I think that was what made her put herself in the backseat to her life. She was too busy taking care of us, being there for us, encouraging us through everything, that she never had a moment to shine. Of course Matt gave her all the attention that she deserved, and loved and cared for her… But none of us knew what happened. They were the ‘perfect couple’ of our group, then all of sudden, they were done. I know Matt regrets what he did, and he knows there’s no changing the past. I do think he was trying to make up for it recently, but it blew up in his face.

Now I have no idea what was going on between her and Zack now. It was totally out of the blue, that I didn’t see coming. I don’t know what’s going on, but I do know there is something there by the way the two of them are acting. I was planning on doing some interrogating tonight. Guess not…

I heard the door open, and saw Michelle and Val walk in. “How’s she doing?” Val asked, leaning against the door jam.

I shrugged, looking at Manda. “You tell me.”

Michelle sighed, shaking her head. “She can’t stay on the bathroom floor all night. Let’s get her to bed.” She leaned down to help me pick her up, and we moved her to the bed.

“I don’t want to leave her alone,” I said, pulling the covers up over her.

“I’ll stay with her tonight. You and Chelle go get some sleep,” Val said, taking her shoes off.

I gave her a small smile. “Thanks, Val.” She returned the smile and nodded.

“She’s my best friend, that’s what friends do,” she said, shrugging.

*Amanda’s P.O.V.*

The next morning I groaned, throwing my arm over my eyes when I noticed how bright it was. My mind automatically went to trying to figure out what happened last night. I just remembered drinking a lot, but then it went fuzzy.

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to figure out my surroundings. When I noticed I was in my room, I wondered how I had gotten here. It must have been one of the guys…

“Well look who decided to wake up.” I looked over to see Val coming out of the bathroom with her flat iron in hand.

I looked at her confused. “Why are you getting ready in my room? I thought you were staying with Johnny?”

“I am, but I grabbed my things to get ready in here today. I stayed with you last night, because Brian and I didn’t want you alone last night. You were pretty trashed.” She mumbled the last part. I thought I saw a glint of disapproval, but I couldn’t be sure.

“Well, thank you.” She sent me a small smile.

“Now, get up and get showered. The boys should be awake by the time you’re out.”

I groaned, putting the pillow over my face. She gave me a few minutes before she grabbed it, and almost rolled me out of the bed. After that, I knew she probably would roll me out if I didn’t get up.

The shower felt nice, helping a little with my pounding headache. After I got out, I threw something on, not bothering to do my hair or make up. Val said we could do it later, so who was I to argue this early in the morning, or afternoon… Whatever it was.

We arrived at Jimmy and Lee’s room, where apparently everyone was gathering. Jimmy threw the door open animatedly and gave me a huge grin. “There’s our little ray of sunshine,” he said softly at first. This was not going to be good… “Good morning!” He yelled, before dragging me into the room. Johnny started laughing his ass off when he saw me.

“Oh, shut up, Short Shit,” I grumbled, face planting it into the bed.

“Hey, no bitching. It was your own fault you drank so much last night,” Matt said, giving me a look.

I looked up, slightly glaring at him. “Sorry, Dad,” I said, bitterly.

“Okay, Kiddy’s, what are we going to do?” Leana asked before Matt and I could start bickering.

“Let’s go find something for breakfast,” Val suggested.

Everyone agreed on that plan, before we all set out. Zack didn’t say a word to me, Brian was even quiet with me, and Matt seemed kind of distant. Damn, maybe Matt was right after all. I do push my boys away…

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes

I'm horrible... I know...