Innocence

Chapter 33

Image

*Manda's P.O.V.*

Matt walked me back to the hotel a while later. I was drained from crying and talking with him. I let so many things out that I've been holding in, that I now felt mentaly drained. I hadn't planned on telling him anything; but, he gave me a look that said I need to tell him. Part of me felt better, but the other part of me felt vulnerable nowthat I told him all of that.

"Do you want to grab a drink and go relax by the pool?" He asked, still rubbing my back lightly.

"Maybe a little later. I think I'm going to head up to my room and wash my face," I said, running my fingers through my hair.

He didn't seem too happy with that answer, but he still nodded. "Ok, babe." It felt weird to have him call me that when we weren't dating, but I wasn't going to say anything. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Let me know if you need anything."

I gave him a soft smile. "Thank you, Matt... For everything." He didn't say anything, because he didn't have to. He simply gave me his signature, heart warming smile, before walking off. I headed up to my room, my head still spinning.

I paced around the room for a little bit, before I finally stopped, shaking my head. Walking over to the closet, I grabbed my suit case and put it on the bed. I started throwin my clothes in, then I remembered I had things in the bathroom also.

When I was walking back out to my suit case, Zack walked into the room. He looked at me and seemed like he started to panic. "Manda, what are you doing?" He asked, rushing over to my side.

"I was stupid to come here, Zack. Who am I kidding?! I shouldn't be here, I should be back home. My mother needs me, for crying out loud! She just lost the love of her life, and I decide that I'm going to take a trip to Vegas. Oh yes, that's totally responsible of me." I continued to babble on as I packed.

Zack suddenly stopped me, holding my hands to my sides, and made me look at him. "Sweetie, you've got to stop and breath. What brought all of this on?" I bit my lip, and looked away from him. He sighed, shaking his head. "I swear, if Brian got into your head, I'm going to kick his ass."

"Don't go kicking his ass, Zack, he's your best friend. Plus, he's right! I mean, come on, think about everything."

"No, no thinking," he said, holding my face between his hands. "You need to stop over thinking, because I'm sure that's what got you into this frenzy." He went to my suit case and pulled out my bikini. "Now, I want you to change into this while I go change into my trunks. Then, we'll head down to the pool and have a relaxing day. How does that sound?"

"Zack, I-"

"Great, it does sound great. Now, come on." He handed me my bikini, then stood there with his arms crossed. "I'll wait here while you change."

I rolled my eyes, before going into the bathroom to change. I took a little but more extra time to wash my face and pull my hair back. When I was done, I walked out to find Zacky had already changed. He saw the confused look on my face, because he just smiled.

"I had Val bring them by for me. So, shall we go?" He held his arm out for me, and I couldn't help but smile. I took his arm and he led us out of the room. As we took the elevator down, I leaned my head on his arm, and he kissed the top of my head.

It was moments like this that I found comforting. He didn't have to say anthing, he was just there for me. He always knew when to step in and help me get out of my head. Matt was good at talking to with me and getting things off my chest. Zacky was good at distracting me and getting my mind off things. But he would listen to me any time if I did need to talk.

Hopefully a relaxing afternoon with Zacky will get me out of my head enough to get things straight. I had no idea where Brian and I stood right now, but I wasn't going to think about it. If he wants to act like that, then fine. But I am not approaching him until he apologizes for the things he said. He had no right to say any of that, even if a few things were true, it still didn't matter.

He was supposed to be my best friend. Not some full-of-himself asshole.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys... There's 116 of you. Please, just tell me your guys' thoughts like usual. I love reading your comments. They always make me laugh :)