Status: hope you enjoy

School Essays

The Lost City of the Inca Tribe

Introduction
I still can’t believe I won. To think, me, Kasee Stottlemire, my half-sister Terrie, my cousin Kelsey, and my boyfriend Alex, get to join the great Captain Jack Force on a quest to find the lost city of the Inca Tribe.
Meeting Captain Jack
When we first met Captain Jack there was something odd about him. The way he walked, the way he talked, the way he looked, just didn’t seem right. He wasn’t very friendly either, but I guess that’s what you get for living life on a river.
Captain Jack led us to a small, disgusting looking boat. After we got kind of settled we ate while Jack explained the game plan for this expedition. He told us that we would be traveling on the Tawantinsuyu River. He said it was safe, but I knew wrong. We had studied that particular river in school and its very very dangerous.
The Map
The next day we woke up to talking. Jack was talking to someone, and he wasn’t happy. Me and Alex went to check it out. He was talking to someone on the phone. He was saying something about a treasure, he wanted it. We were just about to go tell the others what we’d heard when I accidentally knock a paper onto the floor. It was a treasure map. We grabbed it and hurried into our room.
When we told Kelsey and Terrie they started freaking out. They act like such girls sometimes. Alex layed the Map out so we could see it. It looked like the route we were on exept it goes through the jungle. Captain Jack never said anything about going through the jungle, and I certainly don’t plan on it.
Overboard and Out of Site
When Jack called us out for breakfast I casually slipped the map back where we found it. While we were eating we heard the sound of waves. We looked ahead and there was a waterfall. We started screaming. Jack told us to hang on to something. When we went down the ship hit a rock. Pieces were scattered everywhere. Alex was hurt;my head was bleeding; Kelsey and Terrie where scared; Captain Jack was nowhere to be found.
The Plan
I searched the wreckage and found a large cloth, a first-aid kid, a camera, a shovel, and the map. Everyone used the first-aid kit to clean up their wounds and I made a sling for Alex’s arm.We found a tree stump and layed out the map again. We were going to try and find a way out of here. Unfortunatly, the only way is back the way we came and it will take forever to climb up the hill. Then Kelsey remembered that there was suppose to be a boat taking us home at the checkpoint on the map which means we have to go through the jungle to the Lost City, Muchu Picchu or ‘Old Peak’.
The Jungle
The jungle is a scary place. Every little sound or movement made us jump. We stopped dead in our tracks. I actually think Kelsey and Terrie stepped back a few steps. Ahead of us, was the largest spider web I have ever seen. On it was a spider bigger than my head. I nudged Alex to go knock it down. Hesitantly he grabbed a big stick and swung it at the web. It hit and the spider fell onto the ground. We weren’t sticking around for it to bite us; We ran.
Spliting Up
There were two trails ahead of us. Alex pulled out the map. The map didn’t look like the trail we were on. I guess that’s why its called the ‘Lost City’. We desided to split up. Kelsey and Terrie would take the left. Alex and I would take the right. I seemed like we’d been walking for hours when we came upon a hill. It wasn’t a steep hill but it was a long way up.
At the Top
We made it. It’s Muchu Picchu, The Lost City of the Inca Tribe. Kelsey and Terrie arrived shortly after. We got the map and followed it to where X marks the spot. Alex started to dig while the rest of us looked around. Carved into the mountain was the most beautiful sun. Below it was some kind of writing. It said ‘’. I wonder what that means. I took a picture of it. There was a circle in the middle of the suns forhead. I pressed my hand upon it.The suns mouth opened. I yelled for everyone to get over here. They were amazed at what I found. We went into the cave. There were four passages. We were about to deside which way to go when we heard Captain Jack. His voice was getting closer and closer. We took off in different directions.
The End
I can’t see anything. I’m feeling against the wall. There’s a light, a trap door. I pull myself through it. I’m in another village. I take a few pics. There are so many beautiful artifacts and treasures. I here Alex and Terrie. They pull themselves through the trap door. They told me they had each gone to a village and found many wonderful things. Kelsey must have, too. I wonder where she is. We walked back to the main village. We found Kelsey tied to a chair. Captain Jack was digging where the treasure was buried. I, very quietly untied her. We were getting out of here. We didn’t care about the treasure.
Going Home (Closing)
This was an amazing trip dispite everything that has happened. When we got to the boat we told the people what happened. They had Captain Jack arrested. We each brought a couple items from the villages to share with the world. I also have the pictures I took. Captain Jack was greedy. Items can be sold but not charished. it really is the satisfaction of adventure and the knowledge of a culture that lived long ago that was the real treasure.