Lost in Stereo

Time Bomb

Skye's Point of View

When I woke in the morning, I got dressed and headed out to breakfast with Alex. We decided to go to Denny's, seeing as that was one of the places we loved to eat at. I got the French Toast Slam and Alex got the All-American Slam. We ate our food in silence.

“So about these lyrics?” I asked as we were finishing up.

“Oh right,” Alex said. He wiped his mouth on a napkin and set it down.

Alex pulled out his notebook and handed it to me. I started the read what he had for lyrics.

“From the get-go I knew this was hard to hold
Like a crash the whole thing spun out of control
Oh, on a wire, we were dancing
Two kids no consequences
Pull the trigger, without thinking
There's only one way down this road

It was like a time bomb set into motion
We knew that we were destined to explode
And if I have to pull you out of the wreckage
You know I'm never gonna let you go
We're like a time bomb
Gonna lose it, let's defuse it
Baby, we're like a time bomb
But I need it
Wouldn't have it any other way

Well there's no way out of this
So let's stay in
Every storm that comes,
Also comes to an end.
Oh resistance, is useless
Just two kids stupid and fearless
Like a bullet, shooting a lesson
There's only one way down this road

It was like a time bomb set into motion
We knew that we were destined to explode
And if I have to pull you out of the wreckage
You know I'm never gonna let you go
We're like a time bomb
Gonna lose it, let's defuse it
Baby, we're like a time bomb
But I need it
Wouldn't have it any other way”


“Those are really good Alex,” I commented, setting the notebook back down.

“Thanks, but now I'm stuck,” Alex groaned, frustrated. “Bridges are usually the worst for me.”

I thought about what could come next. Then it hit me.
“How about this,” I suggested. I took a pen from him and started writing down the next lyrics.

“Got my heart in your hands, like a time bomb ticking
It goes off, we start again
When it breaks, we fix it
Got your heart in my hands, like a time bomb ticking
We should know better,
But we won't let go”


I pushed the notebook back to him and he read what I wrote, nodding. “I like it. I can just finish it up with the chorus then.”

Alex wrote that down. His phone starting going off and he answered it. He looked at me and then spoke some more to whoever called him.

“We have to get going, the concert time got changed. Something about a curfew and now they need us to play earlier.”

I nodded and then Alex paid for the food. We left Denny’s and went back to the bus. Jade was outside with Jack, Zack, and Rian. They all smiled at us and then Alex told them the news. All three boys went inside and I stayed with Jade.

“How was breakfast?” Jade asked casually.

“Pretty good, helped Alex with some lyrics,” I shrugged.

“No fighting?” Jade raised her eyebrows.

“Nope,” I shook my head.

Jade looked at me in shock and I laughed. Everyone was shocked that Alex and I hadn’t really been fighting. It's not like it was a bad thing. I liked not fighting with my brother. We went back into the bus and helped the guys get ready. When we were done getting everything ready the boys played the Xbox for a little while and then we were off to their next concert venue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! Only one on the last chapter.