Lost in Stereo

Outburst

Skye's Point of View

I looked at Jade and was going to say something to her when Jack came into the back lounge.

“I don't mean to interrupt, but Skye, you need to go find your brother,” Jack said, looking worried.

I nodded and left the bus. I went into the concert venue. I went back into one of the rooms to see Alex. He had his head in his hands.

“Lex?” I said quietly.

He looked up at me and he was crying. Whatever went down between him and Jade was hurting him badly. I gave him a concerned look and then pulled him into my arms. We stayed silent for a few minutes until I had the courage to ask him what happened.

“You were wrong,” was all Alex could muster.

“That doesn't tell me anything,” I stated.

“She was on Skype with Liz and I was going to talk to her. I heard her call me a douchebag. She told me I didn't know what I wanted and that I will never change,” Alex explained in a monotone.

“You’ve gotta give it time,” I advised.

“But I need her,” Alex insisted, sounding anxious.

“I know you need her, Alex, but you need to prove to her that you can change,” I told him.

Alex looked at me as if I was on crack. If he wanted to get anywhere with Jade, he was going to have to change his behavior. Alex sighed and ran a hand through his hair. It got silent again.

“You don't understand how badly I need her,” Alex said.

“Actually, I do,” I said.

“What do you mean? You have no idea!” Alex said, his voice rising as he slammed his fist on the table.

“I WANT A POTATO LAUNCHER!” Jack exclaimed, walking into the room.

“God fucking damnit Jack!” Alex yelled.

Alex threw a chair against the wall and I flinched. Jack's eyes went wide and I looked down. The slamming of the chair had brought back a memory about my father. He wasn't that great of a father, hell I don't even think he was truly a father. Alex and I were about fourteen when this happened. Our father was coming at me and Alex had come into the room. Of course our father didn't like this one bit. He had slapped me across the face and pushed me against the wall. Alex had punched our father in the face and then came over to me. Our father was beyond pissed and then threw the chair in our direction and then left the room. Alex had held me as I cried and he didn't leave my side for the rest of the night. Alex looked at me and then back at Jack.

“Jack, I'm sorry,” Alex apologized.

“It happens, man,” Jack said, trying to smile. The atmosphere was still uncomfortable.

I stood up and picked the chair up. I slammed it against the wall, semi moving it back into its original place, and looked at Alex.

“I said I understand because I do. Remember what dad used to do to me? Yeah, you're the one I would turn to for anything, and I'd still do it to this day. You had the chance to run away from that fucking hell hole and you left me there. You never asked me if I wanted to come. So fuck you, I'm done helping you because it never gets you anywhere,” I spat angrily.

I walked out of the room and continued out of the venue. I heard Alex call my name. I ignored him and headed back towards the bus. When I got back to the bus, everyone looked at me. I didn't say anything to anyone; I just walked to my bunk. Zack came to check up on me but I didn't say anything. He kissed me and then went off to do the show. I grabbed my iPod and closed my eyes, hoping I would fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Draaaaaama. Comment?