Lost in Stereo

Left 4 Dead... Maybe

Skye's Point of View

I woke up later on that day and got re-dressed. Zack was gone and so was Jade. I decided to make a doctor's appointment to make sure everything would be all right with the baby. After that I went in to the kitchen to find something to eat. I saw Alex was watching some TV in the family room. He had a look on his face and I couldn't tell what it really meant. I grabbed some cereal and headed into the living room. I sat down on the couch and Alex didn't even move.

"Alex? You okay?" I asked, concerned.

"She doesn't think I will change," he said.

"Who? Jade? How do you know this?" I asked quickly.

"I was getting out of bed this morning and her black book was falling out of her bag. I didn't mean to read it, but I just kinda did,” he admitted.

"Alex!" I yelled at him.

He gave me a look and explained the rest. I was kinda shocked about this but I wasn't going to say anything to Jade.

"Just give it some time, Alex. Just see what happens," I advised.

"She doesn't think I can change. It's bullshit!" Alex complained.

"Alex, chill out. Just see how things go. Either way, I will here for you. Jade might be my best friend but you're my twin. I know when you are hurting and upset. I will be at your side when you need me," I tried to comfort him.

Alex nodded and I knew he was still going to be bugged about this. I sighed and got up to put my bowl in the sink. Alex was flipping through the channels when Jack walked into the apartment. Now that Jack was there, I knew Alex would be a little happier. They ended up playing Left 4 Dead 2, so I joined them and we played the game for hours.

"I give up! Skye is just taking all the kills!" Jack complained.

"Oh, grow up you big baby! I saved your ass from a boomer!" I said, shoving him a little.

Alex chuckled and then Rian and Zack walked in. Zack sat next to me and kissed my cheek. Jack decided to keep playing and when a Tank came on the screen he paused the game.

"Fuck no! I hate those things!" he said, throwing the control and making it hit the pause button.

Alex and I ended up taking down the Tanker as it attacked Jack's character. We finished the level and stopped playing.

"I died! You guys left my dead body back there!" Jack exclaimed.

"You're the one that threw your controller Jack," I said, laughing.

We all started laughing at Jack and then the door opened. Jade walked in. Alex excused himself and Jade looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and went to find my brother. He’d locked himself in his room. I knocked on the door.

"Alex, come on, it's me," I called through the door.

I heard the door unlock and I opened the door. I closed the door behind me. Alex was sitting on the floor with his back against his bed. I sat next to him.

"You gotta talk to her," I said.

"I don't want to right now," he said, shaking his head.

"Stop being so stubborn," I said

"Never," he mumbled.

"Fine, I'll just leave you here then," I said.

I sighed and stood up. Alex grabbed my wrist.

"Just stay with me. I don't want to be alone," he requested.

I nodded and sat back down. He wrapped his arm around me. He needed his twin sister right now and that's what I was going to do. We sat there in silence. There was a knock on the door and Jade walked in. I excused myself and headed out to the living room. On the way I saw Jack going to go eavesdrop.

"For fucks sake, Jack!" I yelled.

I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out to the living room. I pushed his body onto the couch.

"You move, and I will duct tape you to a chair," I warned.

Jack looked at me with wide eyes and nodded. We decided to watch a movie. We didn't hear any yelling from Alex's room. Maybe things were going better than I thought they would. We would just have to wait and see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment!