Lost in Stereo

Baby Appointment

Skye's Point of View

Zack and I went to bed somewhat early. I had to wake up in the morning and get ready for the appointment I’d made with the doctor about the baby. It felt like morning came way too quickly. I heard my alarm going off on my phone and I turned it off. I got out of bed without waking Zack up and took a shower. After I was done I showering I went back into the room and grabbed some clothes. I got dressed and then went over to the bed to wake Zack up. It wasn't easy but he finally woke up and looked at the time.

"Why are you up?" he asked groggily.

"We have a baby appointment," I explained.

"Why did you make it so early?" he complained.

"I just wanted to get it over with. Come on, you have to get up now," I said.

"Skye, I, uh, don't know if I want to go," he told me.

"Seriously!?" I exclaimed.

"I feel awkward going," he said.

"Unbelievable," I shook my head.

"How do you think I'm supposed to take this?" he asked.

"Just forget it, I'll have Jade go with me," I said.

I left the room and headed down the hall. I went to Alex's room and told him I would be back later. He offered to go with me but I told him I would have Jade go. I called her up, waking her up and telling her what happened. I got in my car and headed over to her house, where she was waiting outside. She got into the car and I started off to the doctor's office.

"He's fucking missing out on something that he will regret," I said.

"So he just said he felt awkward going?" Jade asked.

"Pretty much. Ugh, I hate guys," I said.

"You and Zack are so good together, though. You have these little fights and you get over them," she told me.

"I'm not going to forgive him on this one," I said.

Jade didn't say anything about that. We got to the doctor's office and I signed in. I filled out some paper work while I waited for the doctor. Jade nudged my side and told me to look up. I saw Zack walking into the office. He sat next to Jade and flashed me his famous smile. I looked back down at the paper work and filled out the rest. I took it up to the lady and then sat back down. I pulled my phone out and got on Facebook.

"Skye?" I heard the nurse call.

I stood up and so did Jade and Zack.

"You can bring one of them," the nurse said.

"I'll stay out here," Jade volunteered.

I looked over at her and gave her the death stare. The nurse nodded her head and Zack and I followed her into a room. She asked me questions and then said the doctor would be in a few minutes. An awkward silence took over the room. I didn't want to talk to Zack and I wasn't going to.

"Are you going to talk to me or not? I came to this stupid thing for you," he grumbled.

"Oh, so our baby's health is stupid to you now? Well, that's great to know," I scoffed.

"I didn't mean it like that," he said.

"Yeah, whatever," I said.

Zack was going to say something else but the doctor walked in.

"You must me Skye, I'm Dr. Gordon," she introduced herself.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"So you think you're pregnant? How far along do you think you are?" she asked.

"Uh, I have no idea. I didn't get my period this month and I took a test the other day," I said.

"Ah, okay. When were you supposed to start your menstrual cycle?" Dr. Gordon asked.

I looked at the calendar and said, "About 10 days ago."

"Alright, well, we’re going to need to do a blood test to confirm that you’re pregnant," she said. “You’re very skinny, and you’re going to need to be eating more during this pregnancy, if you are, that is, and keeping a close eye on your health.”

I nodded my head and she called the nurse in to take blood. She talked about doing an ultrasound once we had the results of the blood test and we were free to go. I made another appointment. Jade joined Zack and I and we all headed out the door.

"Do you want to ride with Zack and I can take your car back?" Jade asked.

"No, I'm fine driving. Actually, will you go with Zack? I want to time to think about everything," I said.

"That's fine," she agreed.

I walked to my car and unlocked it. I got in and started it up. If Zack couldn't handle appointments then how was he going to handle a baby? I sighed and put my seat buckle on and headed home. I had some serious thinking to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please comment, subscribe, and recommend!