So Easy To Love

011.

"I really don't think this is a good idea Tom," I stated awkwardly.

"If I 'ave ta sit 'ere and watch yeh cry an' mope for one more day then 'm gonna jump otta tha movin' bus," he told me sternly. "Jus' trus' me, yeah?" He asked hopefully. I sighed deeply but nodded none the less. Tom rummaged through my suitcases for a while before pulling out three items of clothing. One was a plain white wife beater, the other was a pair of dark skinny jeans, and the third was a lacey black push up bra I had secretly bought a few months ago at Victoria's Secret.

"You want me to wear that?" I asked, an eyebrow arched in confusion.

"Yes," Tom nodded. "This is Oli's favorite thing ta see a bird in," he told me. "And yeh 'ave ta wear those sparkly boots yeh have too."

"But they're heels," I whined. "I'm no good at wearing heels," I bit my lip awkwardly.

"You'll be tanked anyhow," he shrugged, his voice deadpan. "It dun matter."

"I'm not drinking, Tom," I told him.

"Whateva! Jus' change!"

I reluctantly grabbed the clothes from his hands and scurried over to my suitcase to grab a new pair of panties and then walked to the bathroom to change. It was nearly impossible to change in such a small space, especially when trying to pull on something as skin tight as the jeans Tom had picked for me, but I managed to leave the closet like space unscathed and dressed completely out of my norm.

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I hear a low whistle and a few cat calls from the front lounge and I looked over to see Matt Nicholls grinning widely at me and Lee giving me a small smile and thumbs up of his own. Tom was laughing like a fool and he quickly scurried over to me, grabbing me by the arm and spinning me around.

"Put yeh hair up," he instructed me.

"It's kinda weird taking fashion advice from a guy who claims to be straight," I said playfully.

"BURN!" Matt called from his place on the couch up front, clearly having heard what I said. We had spent too many nights watching That 70's Show and the boys all quickly caught onto the little catch phrases the show had.

"'m afraid 'm yer best bet, love," he shrugged.

"I hope you're right about all of this," I said as I carefully threw my hair up with a clip.

"'s my burfday," he grinned. "Everyone has to get laid." My eyes nearly bulged out of my skull at his words and he just laughed maniacally. He always liked to push my buttons because he knew he could and I would just blush and scold him lightly. But at the end of the day he always had my best intentions at heart, he just liked to watch me squirm. "Lighten up, will yeh?" He asked, nudging me lightly. Suddenly his eyes lit up and he grinned widely. "If yeh won't drink, will yeh at least smoke?"

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to smoke weed, Tom," I stated.

"Yer proper lame."

"I know," I rolled my eyes. "You've told me numerous times."

"Well then stop bein' lame so I'll stop sayin' it!"

Tom finished getting me ready and then changed himself. It Tom's 21st birthday and he was now able to legally drink in The States. Not that it really mattered or anything. But it was excuse to have a big blow out and the boys jumped at the opportunity. It was another day off for us on Warped and we were somewhere in Massachusetts where one of the bands on the tour was from and decided to have a house party for Tom. Why, I wasn't sure. Whoever this person was clearly didn't know much about how hard the boys of Bring Me the Horizon could party.

I walked out into the front lounge with a blush already on my face. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and I felt so self conscious that if Tom wasn't holding onto me I would have turned around and ran back into my bunk. I was a bit unsteady on my heels and so I just decided to sit next to Matt Kean instead of embarrassing myself further by trying to stand up straight. They were adorable boots, really; completely covered in sparkles with about a three inch heel on them.

Tom was right, I looked good. My deep red hair was tossed up into a clip, the pair of jeans looked like they had been painted onto my legs they were so tight, the wife beater clung to my every curve, and the black bra I was wearing showed through the white fabric of the wife beater and poked out of the top of it slightly. I had opted to not wear a lot of make-up, because I never really did. I didn't want this to be an extreme make-over. I didn't want to be the center of attention. Even in what I was wearing, which to be honest wasn't that ground breaking in the first place, I felt uncomfortable.

"Damn Blair," Lee grinned at me.

"Please don't start," I groaned.

"Yer tits look brill," Matt Nicholls told me before taking a long pull on the beer he was drinking. I blushed the deepest shade of red I think I ever blushed and promptly buried my face in Matt Kean's arm.

"Can we just leave?" I asked in a soft but pleading tone.

"Where's Oli?" Jona asked, looking around the bus for the lead singer.

"I fhink 'e's out wiff tha' bird we met the otha' day," Tom shrugged casually, grabbing a beer for himself. "'e's gonna meet us there." The boys each mumbled something incoherent and they all got up and began to make their way to the door. Tom grabbed my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze, making me smile. "Josh is comin' too," he told me. "I know yeh two 'ave gotten close."

"He just gets me," I said, still astonished by the fact. "And Oliver still thinks we're dating or whatever."

"Aye, Oli's a twit," Tom said seriously. "Stop worryin' 'bout 'm." I sent him a hard glare and he just shrugged and smiled.

We arrived at the house about a half an hour later and the party was already in full swing. Once I saw the amount of people at the party I felt my stomach do a flip flop and I almost wanted to puke. It was times like these I wish I had a prescription to Xanax. I gulped loudly and Tom just threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked through the front door. I wasn't sure if it was for reassurance or if it was because he just wanted to look cool, but his contact did help me a bit. I spotted Josh from across the room almost instantaneously and he walked over quickly, a huge smile on his adorable face.

"Happy birthday, mate," Josh told Tom, giving him a hug. Tom smiled widely and nodded.

"Yeah, fhanks," he said.

"Do you mind if I take Blair for a minute?"

"No problem," Tom reassured him. "Jus' so long as I see 'er later tonigh'," he smiled.

"Of course you will Tommy," I smiled, placing a small kiss on his cheek. "I can't leave the birthday boy alone all night."

"Hopefully I'm not alone all nigh'," he said lowly, eyeing a curvaceous brunette who was walking past. I let a small laugh pass through my lips as I watched him excuse himself and follow the girl into the crowd of people. Sometimes Tom was a lot more like his brother than most people thought.

"Well you look absolutely stunning tonight," Josh told me, holding my hand above my head as I twirled around sheepishly.

"Thanks," I blushed deeply. "Tom picked my outfit out for me."

Josh let out a hardy laugh at this statement, as I'm sure anyone would. "Well I'll thank Tom for that later. Let's go get a drink now," he suggested, nodding his head towards the back of the house.

"Oh I don't know about the drink," I began. But Josh immediately hushed me.

"You don't have to get pissed," he said carefully. "One drink won't kill you."

After Josh had effectively ignored my nagging about not drinking and made me a Jack and Coke he grabbed my hand and we walked out into the backyard. There were a bunch of people in the pool, a few boys were gathered around the grill, and I even saw a small group of people gathered around the table passing a joint. I was sure Tom would be satisfied with the set up for his birthday party. Josh was right in the middle of ripping on someone's choice of clothes when I heard the nickname I had grown so fond of.

"Twitch?" His voice sounded unsure, a tone I rarely heard from him. I spun around quickly and nearly toppled over on my heels, but thankfully Josh wrapped his one arm around my waist and pulled me into his side quickly.

"Oliver," I smiled, pushing my bangs out of my eyes and smiling like a damn fool. He was giving me the up at the down, looking both confused and shocked. It made me nervous and I chewed my bottom lip until his stunning eyes finally locked on mine again.

"Yeh look...gorgeous," he said, a wide grin spreading across his lips. He was only wearing a pair of black swim trunks that hung long on his skinny waist. His tattoos were all exposed and his hair was plastered to his face and curling. I liked him best when he looked sort of messy. It let me think I had a chance.

I giggled as my face flushed and I tried to hide it the best I could with my hand. But I knew he saw and I knew he probably didn't care. My blushes never affected him or meant anything else. To him they were just me being me. To him they held no special meaning. Oh if he only knew....

"Thanks Oli," I said sincerely, using the nickname I rarely called him. It wasn't like I set out to never call him by the name most people used for him, but it just sort of happened that way. More often than not I called him Oliver and he never seemed to have a problem or object to it so it just sort of stuck.

"Yer welcome," he smiled. "Josh," he sent a nod to the boy whose arm was still around my waist.

"Hey Oli," Josh said cordially.

"Drinkin' so soon afta yeh little incident?" He questioned, his smile turning into a smirk. I blushed again and he laughed. "I was jus' kiddin' Blair."

"I'm only drinking this one drink," I informed her.

"I told her it won't kill 'er." Josh added.

"It certainly won't!" He cheered. "I should know, this is my third," he said, holding up the beer he held loosely in his hands.

"Oli!" Lizzie ran up behind Oliver, snaking her arms around his waist from behind and giving him a small kiss right below the ear. She was in a tiny yellow bikini, one that highlighted her curves perfectly. Her dirty blonde hair was placed in two braids that hung on either side of her head and she was smiling brightly. I had no reason to hate her other than the fact she was with Oliver, but I so desperately wished she would give me another reason. I wanted to hate her so much that I would actually do something about it. But I was Blair Meyers. And when something bothered Blair Meyers she just bottled it up until one day she cries about it and then forgets anything ever happened. "Come back into the pool! We're gonna play chicken!" She enthused. She kissed him again and then looked up to see me and Josh staring at her. "Oh my God! Hey guys! You should totally join us!"

"I didn't bring a suit," I shrugged.

"I'll sit this one out too, love," Josh said, sipping his beer casually.

"Aw that's too bad," she pouted exaggeratedly. "Maybe next time!"

"Totally," I grinned, nodding ardently.

Oliver sent me a secret smile and I think it made him happy to see me act nicely towards Lizzie. After first introducing me to her he seemed sort of upset by the way I acted towards her. He had even gone so far as to pull me aside one day and ask me if I hated her. I of course told him I had no reason to hate her but for some reason I don't think he believed me.

"Alrigh' then," Oliver said. "Let's get to this game an' I'll see yeh later Blair, yeah?"

"Of course," I confirmed. And then they both walked away and Josh gave me a small squeeze to make sure I was still alive and breathing. I slowly slipped out of his grip and took a long sip of my Jack and Coke.

"We should make him jealous," Josh said offhandedly, making my eyes bulge out of my head. This made him laugh. "I was just making a suggestion!" He laughed. "No need to have a heart attack."

"Wh-why would you even say that?" I finally sputtered out. My eyes darted around the backyard because I was sure someone would hear this and then tell Oliver and then my life would just be over and I just took a long sip of my drink to try and calm my nerves.

"Because," Josh rolled his eyes. "You shoulda seen the way he looked at you."

"What do you mean?" I asked skeptically, eyeing Josh.

"It's like..." he paused for a moment, looking off into the distance like that would help him find his words before continuing. "He doesn't look at you the way you look at him, but he doesn't look at Lizzie the way he looks at you," he tried to explain. "I dunno! It's all complicated."

"So what you're saying is...?" I inquired, thoroughly confused at that point.

"I don't know what I'm trying to say," he shrugged, sipping his beer. "Let's just make out and watch him squirm."

I laughed as I simultaneously blushed, "So this is just all a ploy to make-out with me then?"

"Maybe."

"It's not gonna work."

"Well I tried," he shrugged before slinging his arm over my shoulders. "Let's go find the birthday boy, yeah?"

And even though my head was still wrapped up in thoughts of Josh's half assed explanation about the way Oliver had looked at me, I nodded and agreed. Because I needed to stop being so fucking selfish. Tom was my friend, hell, my best friend, and he was sick of seeing me upset. It was his birthday and I was going to put on a happy face for him.

Even if I was in a semi-permanent daze because of his brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things will pick up from here. Things you think are important probably aren't, and things you think aren't important probably are. That's all I'm gonna say :)
Honestly, everytime I post a chapter of this I'm always blown away by your response. It makes me so happy to read all of your comments and know I'm doing something right.
xoxo.