Forbidden Meetings: A Vampire/Witch Story

Chapter 1

Rayne's P.O.V.
"Iluminessence!" I said as I performed the requested spell.

The different coloured candles flickered back on. I put back my blue, spiral wand in my belt.

"Excellent work Rayne." Ms. Ivy replied. She pushed aside her blond bangs from her face. "See how she concentrated and then shouted out the spell? Everyone should work on that. Perfection is key when using magic. Have a seat Rayne."

I did as I was told and sat on the wooden chair like everyone else. I haven't quite introduced myself. My name is Rayne Scarlett and I'm a 17 year old witch. My features include deep violet eyes and rose coloured lips. My hair was black with blue streaks and is up to the middle of my back.

Ms. Ivy kept on going with her lecture on keeping a protective spell around our houses. You see, us witches are swore enemies of vampires. Constantly fighting for more than 100 years. We keep ourselves hidden, as do the vampires. Though whatever Ms. Ivy was saying, is the same thing every time.

Finally, she finished her speech, everyone started to leave and head home quickly. I wrapped my black cloak around me and started walking off too.

"Need a ride home?" My friend Jacob asked. He's a wizard.

"No thanks, I need to grab some stuff from the store." I replied quickly. Jacob caught my wrist.

"It's getting more dangerous out there. That's why Ms. Ivy keeps warning us. I have a car so I'm making good use of it."

"Fine, let's go." I said sighing.

Jacob has blond hair with dark green eyes. His features are great, but him and I are only friends. Nothing less, nothing more. Jacob is my only friend. We do almost everything together. He is like my brother. Though, like all brothers, he's very protective.

After we bought some food for the weekend, we headed over to my house. My house was in the middle of the forest. By the time I got home, it was already dark.

"You sure you'll be fine on your own? I can stay over you know." Jacob stated.

"Nah, I'm good. After I put the shield over my house, I'm going to bed." I replied.

"Let me do it. You always screw up on this spell."

"Fine, goodnight then."

Jacob watched me enter my house. I waved to him and closed the door. I placed the groceries on the table and saw a bright, red light shine through my window. The spell had worked. It slowly disappeared. I headed up the small staircase to my room. I placed my cloak on my chair and lay on my bed with my uniform. It's a black shirt with a red tie and checkered black and red mini skirt. I quickly drifted off to sleep.
* * * * * * * * * * *
I woke up to the fresh scent of morning dew. I changed from my uniform into my favorite blue dress that flew just a bit above my knees. I needed to practice some spells today. So I'd have to get some plants and herbs from the forest.

I started to make an omelet for breakfast with some fresh strawberries. It was about 10:00am when i finished. I grabbed my cloak and wand and headed outside.
I double checked my list of herbs and plants.

- Rose Petals (Blue)
- Ivy (Not Poisonous)
- White Tulip Petal
- Cinnamon Stick *
- Dragon Seeds
- Morning Dew (Place in potion bottle)
- Fresh water from the lake

That's when i tripped over something. I normally don't fall on little twigs, I'm no klutz. I got up and brushed dirt off my dress and I turned around to see a beautiful male lying on the ground.

His hair was jet black and straight, his bangs layered. He had a black shirt, which exposed his chest. I noticed how so many cuts and marks marked his marble skin which were made by witches.They probably had used their power against him. His face has a few scars too.

But why would witches hurt this person? Oh no! He couldn't be. I crouched closer to him, touching his bare chest. Just my touching someone, I know what species they are (vampire, witch, human etc) I had been correct, he was a vampire.

I needed to leave. Who knows what he could do to me. But, he's injured, I could easily heal him in a snap at my house. Even more dangerous, plus vampires heal quick. Maybe, no i can't! I will walk away, pretending i didn't even trip over him. I'll continue with my list. As i turned around to get up, I froze as a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Please help me." He said in a soft, calming voice. I turned around to stare into his lovely ash coloured eyes. "In return, I shall help you in anyway. Just please..." He drifted off and closed his eyes.

I sighed and pulled out my wand.

"Levitation!" I said as I waved my wand around him.

He slowly rose up into mid air and i made him float back to my house. Since I had no extra beds (i live alone), I placed him on my bed. I closed the curtains so the bright sun wouldn't bother him.

I sat on the edge of the bed, making my hands hover over his chest.

"Water. Lend me your aid into healing this creature." I whispered as my hands started to glow blue.

The scars slowly disappeared. I brought my hands closer as they would heal quicker. It worked. I moved my from his neck to his face. My hands were inches from his beautiful face. He looked wonderful when he was unconscious. His body looked healthy and rejuvenated. I concentrated even harder.

Suddenly, he jolted up, which sent my hands to move from his face.

"Where am I?" He said, sounding displeased. Was this his true personality?

"You are at my home. I healed you up." I replied calmly.

"Please! As you know vampires heal up themselves." He said rudely.

I would have added, "Just a few minutes ago you asked for my assistance." I decided not to make him more mad than he already was.

"You have something you want to say?" he asked.

"No. But if this is the way you are going to act in my house, i will escort you to the way out." I replied.

"Oh please do! You're lucky I'm not killing you dear witch."

"You're lucky I'm not blasting power at you like what the past witches you encountered did!"

He froze, but shrugged it off real quick. I got up from my bed and waited for him to follow. He sighed and got up also. I led him down the stairs and out the door. We walked in silence, he was behind me. Where the path split, I stopped.

"That path leads towards the city." I said pointing to the right. "Though, I think you already knew that." And good riddance.

"You know, I don't really want to go back to the palace. I hate it there." He said, sounding bored.

"So what, you're the prince?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why yes. Prince Riley. But to you, its Lord Riley."

"Knowing that you're a prince, wouldn't they be looking for you. I would be in danger."

"I could care less what they do to you. Plus if they find me, they find me. No big deal, I'll just run again."

I glared at him. That jerk. I pulled up my hood from my cloak and took out my wand.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Riley asked.

"Getting away from you. I care about my life." I replied. "Invisibility!" I said as a force of light beamed on me from head to toe.

I started to walk down the other path. I absentmindedly read over my list as i scanned the path with plants and a few flowers. I decided to do the flowers first, since they were the farthest from home.

Suddenly, someones arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to fall back. My invisibility cloak wore off.

"You can't get away from me that easily." Riley whispered through my ear.

I shivered and pulled myself away from him. I stared at him. His ash eyes looked misty, so i wasn't able to read what his true intentions were. I said nothing.

"So what's the list for?" Riley asked.

"Why, do you care? Besides its a list of items i need for a spell. Now if you excuse me..." I turned away from him, his hand grabbed my wrist before i could leave.

"Let me help you, payback for when you saved me." Riley said.

"Aren't we sworn enemies? We don't help each other out. Ever." I replied coldly.

"After this, I'll leave you alone. Happy?"

"Fine, remember your promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you guys think? Sorry its a bit long, and if you hate long stories, then i suggest you don't read the next couple of chapters, 'cause they are going to be long. Sorry.