We're All Just Victims of a Crime

Chapter 5

My phone had been ringing, almost constantly all night, and once again all the calls were from Mikey, but I continued to ignore them.
“Why are you ignoring him again? I thought you were going to be cool with them.” I glanced over at Bob who was watching my phone.
“Is he going to yell at you or something?” he continued with his questions, I merely shrugged, and went back to doing my homework, but the answer wasn’t good enough for him.
“I thought that Frank kid and you were together now?” I shook my head.
“You could have fooled me, the way you two were snuggled up on his bed. It sure looked like it.” I rolled my eyes.
“Well maybe you shouldn’t judge a situation Bob.” I mused.
“Ok, you seriously don’t make any sense to me anymore. Are you bipolar and just didn’t tell me you were and off your meds or something?”
“No, I’m not fucking bipolar Bob. Now please, I’m trying to get this done.” I raised my voice, hoping he would just shut up.
“I’m just trying to figure out what’s going through that damn head of yours. I mean.... this is confusing.” I closed my book in agitation and turned to look back at him.
“I’m not going back! Does it make sense now?”
“So you were just screwing with his mind now? Jesus Christ Gerard! Are you stupid?” he stood up.
“He was angry.... I just wanted him to feel better.” I frowned.
“God... I seriously think your stupid isolation that you put yourself in for years screwed up your social skills and your brain. Ok, listen closely, he is blind now Gerard, and he wants you around because he needs you. Now, you went and told him that apparently you would, yet here you are ignoring them. You look like nothing more than a liar.” he explained, making it look like I was a toddler and he was the upset parent. When I said nothing he only sighed loudly and left the room. I turned back to my book, losing all interest in doing my homework. After a few minutes I stood up grabbing my jacket and wallet before heading out the front door, passing an angry Bob on the couch.

I walked a few blocks in the colder New York weather when a craving for coffee overcame me and I stopped off at the nearest Starbucks. It was nice and warm, I slipped off my jacket as I got in line ordering a black coffee and headed to an empty table along the wall. Hanging my jacket on the back of the chair I sat down and took a sip, smiling when the hot liquid hit my tongue. I sat the cup down and stared at the table, feeling guilty when I thought about what Bob had told me. At the time I just wanted to make him feel better, I hated to see him so upset. But if I continued to care then I would only try and please him, which meant I would most likely end up hurting him again. The chair in front of mine was pulled back and someone sat down. I looked up to see a guy, who looked to be my age smiling at me. His hair was shaggy and dark purple, not styled so it looked a bit messy, but good. His eyes were a bright blue, ringed in black eyeliner.
“Hi, I’m Jared.” he gave a small wave before taking a drink from the coffee in his hand.
“Uh... hi, I think?” he giggled, it was cute, but not like Frankie’s giggle. His giggle brought a smile to your face, or made you laugh hard enough that you couldn’t breathe.
“Sorry, I know its random that someone is just... coming and sitting with you.” he shrugged.
“No, it’s fine. I just wasn’t expecting it, that’s all.” I stated taking a drink from mine.
“So, your name is?” he trailed off eying me.
“Gerard, sorry.” he smiled and shrugged once again.
“Don’t be sorry, and Gerard... that’s a different name. I’ve never heard it before, you don’t look familiar either.” he cocked his head to the side studying me.
“I just moved here for college.” he nodded.
“That’s cool, I tried college, but it didn’t work out.” he frowned. I noticed the Anthrax shirt he was wearing and mentally smiled, he had good taste.
“Why? If you don’t mind me asking that is.”
“Too many homophobes in my classes.” he played with the lid on his cup, not looking up from it.
“I’ve been there, I’m sorry.” I frowned, his head shot up and he smiled.
“So... you’re... you know, gay then right?” I nodded.
“Thank God, I was worried you weren’t.” he sighed falling back into the chair and then giggled to himself. I smiled laughing softly and leaned back into mine watching him.

Mikey’s POV

I groaned tossing my phone on the bed and looked over at Frank who was still laying down on my floor.
“Just forget about it Mikey.” he sighed.
“No, he said he was going to try, and I’m sorry but this is not trying. Its called being a jerk.” I looked at my phone and picked it back up again.
“Mikey I’m serious okay? Just forget about it. It only upsets me even more every time you call.” he explained resting his hands under his head.
“One more time, that’s it.” I pressed redial and listened to it ring, it rang a few times before he finally picked it up.
“God damnit Gerard its about time, I’ve only called you like thirty times tonight!” I ranted which was followed by a short silence on the other end.
“He wasn’t kidding, you do yell at him.” whoever it was, it wasn’t Gerard.
“Uh, who the hell is this?”
“This is Bob. Who is this?” he shot back.
“Wait... Bob, Bryar? What the hell are you doing answering my douche bag of a brother’s phone?”
“He left the apartment, and left his phone here. So I take it I’m not the only one pissed at him right now?” he asked and I heard the shutting of a door.
“No, you’re not. If I knew where he lived, if any of us knew, then I would have made my way there to kick his ass.” I growled.
“How’s Frank?” I looked back down at Frank who was staring randomly at the ceiling.
“Living. I don’t really know. He wanted me to stop trying. How long has he been gone?” I laid down on my bed as well, staring up at my boring ceiling.
“A little over an hour. If I had known he would have been gone this long I would bought a new lock and put it on the door. Just to piss the fucker off, he deserves it.” I laughed picturing Gerard just trying to get in and yelling at the door causing everyone to wake up and get pissed off at him. So while they were yelling at him he would just get even more pissed off.
“That would be a line of disasters.” I replied.
“Where the hell have you been?” I frowned pulling the phone away from my ear.
“Uh, what?” I asked confused before putting it back up against my ear.
“Look, he just showed back up. I’ll call you later Mikey,” and he hung up before I could say anything. I hung up as well dropping my phone beside me and rolled onto my side.
“You ok?” he shrugged and I frowned.
“Forget about my brother, he’s right, he doesnt’ deserve you Frank.” this only caused him to frown.
“He’s wrong Mikey, that’s just it, you’re both wrong.” he crossed his arms over his chest and sighed.

Gerard’s POV

I stopped dead center of the livingroom as Bob sat on the couch with my phone.
“Well? Where the hell have you been Gerard?” I ignored his question and looked at my phone.
“Were you talking to my brother?” he rolled his eyes.
“Yeah, I felt bad that he’s been calling all day and you weren’t answering.” I nodded.
“Is Frankie okay?” instead of answering me, his stare went cold and he stood up walking up to me and shoved my phone to my chest.
“Why the hell don’t you ask him? Huh? You can’t ignore him and expect to know everything Gerard. Now tell me where the hell you were?”
“Starbucks.” I answered softly.
“Bullshit, I know that even you don’t take that long there.”
“I was with someone... well I met someone there, and we were talking.” he looked taken back.
“Like who?”
“His name is Jared... and we got to talking, and he gave me his number. He wants to go out sometime.” I smiled feeling happy about it. However the smile went away when he pushed me back. I stumbled falling into the wall and looked up at him.
“What the hell was that for?” I yelled. He shook his head opening his mouth to say something but quickly shut it.
“What about Frank?” I frowned.
“I don’t deserve him Bob, he’s blind because of me. I’ve told all of you practically a thousand times that he’s better off without me.” I yelled.
“Well if you don’t deserve him then you don’t deserve to know if he’s okay or not. I’m giving them the address, the number and if you hate that I’m doing it then move out, good luck finding a place to afford on your own. I don’t get how you’ve got that bullshit stuck in your head, but I will do whatever I can to get rid of it. Not for your sake, but for Mikey and for Frank.” he stated before leaving. I sighed still sitting on the floor and looked at where he had been standing. I felt like everyone hated me now, but I guess I deserved it.
♠ ♠ ♠
...... did I just paint a big target on my forehead by chance? None of you saw that coming now did you?

How many of you all hate me... and hate Gerard, again?

Okay... onto other things. Who watched the premier for 'Na Na Na'???? I fucking loved it!!! I have it recorded and I annoy my Dad by watching it almost every hour.

Who is your favorite kill joy? I was stuck between Party Poison and Fun Ghoul... but then I noticed Party Poison was in yellow... and I'm sorry to say that I despise the color yellow. So Fun Ghoul is now my favorite. It sucks... I wonder what Bob's name would have been :( I'll dedicate the next chapter to whoever comes up with the best Kill Joy name for Bob!

Thanks for the comments you guys! You're incredible!

reject_revenge -- Yeah, the sexy time would have been nice *sigh* but sadly that isn't in the near future. *sigh again*

majorette2010 -- I'm not against it at all, and I'm thinking... later on down the road *hintttt, hintttt* lol. Well, it sucks that he didn't get through :(

uploadhisaki -- I feel bad though, because all of you were so happy. I feel like the bully on the playground stealing little kids candy after I've given it to them.

Psycho. -- I have a feeling there won't be a 'yay' for this one :(

MCR'SavedMyLastLife -- I love Bob, Bob kicks ass doesn't he? My teacher acts like Bob... so we started calling him Bobert... and when he found out he was so confused. We brought camera's into class and he stole our batteries from them :( and placed them on his desk and tried juggling them at the end of class. He doesn't like camera's at allllll.

Glamour!Kills -- I want Frank to see soon again too ^_^... poor Gerard, he got a dud for a brain.

EmyB56 -- Wow... thank you, a hell of a lot :D. I don't know about him seeing though... I'm thinking about it. :) I'm glad you're so into the story though xD