The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

In Todd's Truck

“What am I going to do today?” Todd whined as I was getting ready to head out for a shoot this morning.

“What do you mean, what am I going to do today? Like there’s nothing to do around here? I’m taking Ty to your mom and dad’s. You have the day to be the bad mofo that you are,” I teased, making his grin crack through.

“But no one’s riding today, and I mean no one. Everyone’s busy. I hate riding by myself,” he sighed while wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and leaving gentle kisses on my neck.

“Why don’t you go see what the Grants are doing?” I asked, trying to hold in my giggles from how his scruff tickled my skin.

“But Kirstie’s nine months pregnant… She’s so moody,” he pouted while resting his prickly chin on my shoulder.

“I was nine months pregnant once,” I smirked.

“You were cute though. We should have more just on the fact that you are an adorable prego wifey,” he grinned.

“Not yet, baby,” I smiled while kissing his cheek.

He let out a groan while falling back onto the bed where Ty was sitting. I smiled at my pouting hubby before bending down to take my baby boy. As I started walking out of the room, yelling a goodbye over my shoulder at Todd, he hurried to catch up with me while I went down the stairs. Before we walked out the front door, Todd made sure to give us kisses.

After I had taken Tyson to his Potter grandparents, I went to the studio to get a few thinks for my shoot today. Thanks to my Rockstar hubby, it was for Rockstar’s BMX team.

I had so much fun. Those guys are crazy. They made me miss Todd though. He would be wheelieing around on his little dirt bike, doing little 180s and landing fakie just like I like it…His butt looks so cute when he does that.

Just as I finishing up a few shots of the individual riders, my phone went off in my pocket. I sighed and let my camera hang from my neck while I dug it out. I wasn’t going to answer it since it was Todd, but… I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach about this call. I excused myself from the riders as I took a few steps away.

“Hey, hun,” I answered, hoping my feeling was just wrong.

“Um… Ky… I uh… have Kirstie in my truck and… well… she’s in labor,” he stuttered out.

I wanted to laugh at how nervous he sounded, but this was kind of serious. Why is she in Todd’s truck? Where’s Josh?

“Is Josh around?” I asked with my forehead wrinkled up in confusion.

“He’s doing something somewhere! I don’t know!” he started getting flustered. Aw, Toddie.

But in the background I heard Kirstie. She said that he was doing something with JGR. She might have been more detailed, but it was obvious that she was in pain.

“You take care of Kirstie. I’ll go find Josh and we’ll meet at the hospital. Ok?” I tried getting control of this situation.

“Ok… babe, hurry please,” he replied softly, showing me that he was indeed nervous. Awww.

“I will, baby. Just keep cool ok? Kirstie needs someone to right now,” I told him.

He mumbled out an ok and then we said goodbye to each other. Once I put my phone away, I hurried up to finish the photo shoot. As I did, I explained to them what was going on. They thought I was crazy to stick around. But I did… and then sped off to the JGR offices in So Cal.

Thankfully, when I pulled up, Josh was just leaving the building with someone else that I had no clue who it was. I didn’t care though. I got out of my truck and drug him into the passenger seat. He asked so many questions, but he didn’t protest.

“Kirstie’s in labor… in Todd’s truck!” I told him once we werespeeding driving off.

“What?” he asked quickly. “Why didn’t anyone call me?” he went on in an almost panic.

“Check your phone. Maybe they did,” I shot back, getting an attitude with him.

He did so and apparently found something. He let out a heavy sigh and put his head in his hands. I didn’t know what to say to the guy. I was on the other side of this a couple years ago. But I reached over and put my hand on his knee for comfort. He didn’t do anything though… just sat there, taking in big breaths of air.

“Don’t worry, Josh. Kirstie has the hard part. You just have to be there for her,” I told him once we grew nearer to the hospital. He sent me a weak smile and then went back to looking out the window.

It’s kind of weird. Josh was there for me to make me smile when I was going to the hospital before Tyson came… Now I’m the one making him smile as we go to the hospital to welcome his baby into the world. Isn’t life ironic?
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short but.... yeah :D

Ky

comment please :D