The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!

Josh and I have been together almost every waking minute for the past three days. I haven’t loved it, but… I didn’t hate it either. Todd’s called numerous times. I couldn’t bring myself to answer though. Every time I would see that scruffy face light up on the screen, my heart broke all over again.

The worst part is that I haven’t seen Ty. I miss my baby so much. I can tell Josh is hurting from not seeing his son too. That’s the main thing we talk about as we’recuddling on the couch. It’s the only time we really smile too.

I’ve found a lot of comfort in Josh these past few days though. His hugs aren’t anything like Todd’s, but… their hugs. He hasn’t said too much about Kirstie, but I haven’t said too much about Todd either. It still hurts.

Josh came down the stairs and lay next to me on the couch while keeping his arms around me tightly. I smiled and relaxed into his chest. We laid here for a few minutes in each other’s arms before we took our nightly walk on the beach to clear our minds.

As we walked, Josh slid his hand into mine. This isn’t unusual, I swear! We walked along the beach in silence, over looking the water. I took in a heavy sigh as Josh wrapped both of his arms around me.

I hugged onto him like I do every night. There’s just something about having this huge thing in common that makes everything seem a little better when I’m in his arms.

As the minutes passed, I felt his eyes staring at me. I looked up and met his mocha gaze. His eyes are a lighter brown than Todd’s. They’re still gorgeous, but… they’re just not what I’m used to.

For some reason, I couldn’t hold in my smile the longer we looked into each other’s eyes. His hand came up and cupped my cheek softly. I didn’t think anything of this.We have been a little touchy with each other lately. But then is thin lips started inching closer… and I didn’t try to stop him.

Our lips came together for a soft kiss. When we parted, I wasn’t at all breathlesslike I am when I kiss Todd. His eyes got wide before he unhooked his arms from around me quickly. He ran his hand through his hair and opened his mouth to say something, but… someone else’s voice boomed instead.

“So you accuse me of kissing Kirstie and you’re off making out with Josh?” Todd’s angry, hurt voice yells.

Out of all the times he could have come, it had to be now. I didn’t want to turn around and look at him. But I did. That was a hug mistake. Standing there with Todd was Kirstie. CRAP!

“I swear it wasn’t anything… it’s just those whole…” Josh started, but Todd wasn’t having any of it.

“You kissed my wife, Josh! Right in front of me,” Todd said, stepping towards Josh.

“You kissed my wife, Todd. Right in front of me,” Josh replied, pushing Todd, who was getting really up in his face.

“We didn’t kiss! We were having a staring contest and I was teasing her that she wanted to kiss me! Do you really think I would do that to Kylee?” he shot back, giving Josh a shove too, but something changed in his eyes. He slowly brought them up to… me.

“Do you really thing I would that to you?” he went on to ask with so much hurt in his eyes and voice.

I was seriously speechless. What do I say to him? It looked like… But… then he saw Josh and I. Oh my god! I just kissed Josh! EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! I wanted to go puke my guts out right now.

“Do you not trust me at all? With your best friend of all people?” he kept going the longer I didn’t reply. “Apparently I shouldn’t have trust you with my best friend huh?” he went on with a sarcastic chuckle coming out of him.

“Todd, I’m sorry,” I softly spoke, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

“You’re sorry? If you were sorry you would have came home and talked to me so that I could tell you what happened. But you just run off… with Josh of all people,” he countered, getting more upset with each word.

“What do you want me to say to you then? I was emotional, Todd. You never came back around. It was comfort, Todd! It didn’t mean anything other than that,” I retaliated, feeling attacked right now.

“I’m sorry I was too busy taking care of our son,” he glared.

Those eyes… they usually have the power to make me smile to no end, but… they made me want to cry now. But I was still able to think about my Ty.

“Where is he?” I asked, trying so hard to hold in my tears.

“You would know if you were home,” he said before turning and walking away.

He walked over to Kirstie who was in a fit of tears. He slung his arm around her and led her away from Josh and I. I stood there, watching the two disappear in the distance. My heart started breaking all over again.

As the seconds passed, Josh came over and put an arm around me. I pulled away from him though. I didn’t want something else to happenthat I may regret even more. Instead of staying on the beach with him, I hurried up to his house. I went on to the front porch and pulled my phone out. The picture on my background made me want to bawl. It was of Tyson and Todd; my two favorite people in the world… that I have hurt beyond belief.

I took in big gulps of air and dialed my parent’s number. It didn’t take long for my mom’s voice to ring through my ears. I didn’t tell her anything. All I said was that I needed a ride to their house. She seemed worried, but… she said her and dad would be there as soon as they could.

Josh came out and sat with me. I tried keeping my distance from him, but I eventually gave into his embrace and cried on his shoulder. When my parents pulled up, they looked so concerned. I would be too if I saw my daughter hugging up to another man that wasn’t her husband.

My mom got out of the car and rushed over to me. She pulled me up to my feet and gave me a tight hug. It made me cry harder. Without saying anything, she led me into the back seat of the car where she sat with me the rest of the way home… where Todd and Tyson weren’t and probably would never be.
♠ ♠ ♠
So when Kirstie and I were thinking about this idea, we were just messing around thinking of stuff to add. But then we're just like... WE SHOULD! And then Kirstie's like I can't write that Kirstie kisses Todd... That's just gross.... So yeah... figured I'd share that with everyone :)

<3 you Kirstie and your JG lovin' self :)

Ky

comment please :D