The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

We’re Not Quitters

We arrived in North Carolina two days ago. It was nice that we were so close to the JGR facility but I’m not going to lie…I miss CaliforniaI miss it a lot/ this is definitely going to take some getting used too.

Josh and I have gotten probably about half of our stuff unpacked but a lot of the smaller things were still in boxes. So that’s what I was doing today while he was at JGR. That was until somebody wanted some ice cream. I figured why not, the kids have had to go through a lot so I took them out to get some ice cream in the afternoon.

“Mommy, can we go see daddy?” Blake piped up from the backseat as we were driving home. Logan let out a little squeal and kicked his legs.

“See Logan wants to go see daddy too! Please?” He asked the last part giving me that puppy dog face Josh always does.

“Okay sweetie but we can’t stay super long because daddy’s got stuff he has to do,” I told him as Blake nodded his head.

I pulled up to JGR and unloaded the kids setting Logan on my hip and took Blake by the hand. We wandered around a while until the three of us walked into the garage where the whole JGR team stood doing….whatever they do.

”DADDY!” Blake squealed as he ran over to Josh who was standing with all the other guys. His whole face lit up as he scooped Blake up in his arms and kissed his cheek.

“Da da da da,” Logan babbled as Josh took him as well.

“Sorry to interrupt you guys but Blake really wanted to come. I promise we’ll get out of your way soon,” I told the team.

“It’s not a problem, stay as long as you want,” Coy Gibbs told me.

All of us hung out for a while and Blake had fun looking at all the bikes and learning about how they worked until something else came to his mind.

“Mommy when are we going to go home?” He asked me.

“We can go home whenever you want we just stopped in to see daddy,” I said to him.

“No I mean back home,” he said putting emphasis on the word home.

“Do you mean back in California?” Josh questioned as Blake nodded his head.

“Well honey that was our old house. We aren’t going to live there anymore,” I explained.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because we need to be here so daddy can be close to his team,” I told Blake.

“What about grandma and grandpa and uncle Todd and aunt Ky and Ty…” He went on.

“They still live in California bud,” Josh said bending down to his level.

“So we won’t see them?” He questioned with a sad look on his face.

“We will just not….as much,” Josh said having trouble with his words.

“Oh,” Blake sighed as he lowered his head a little.

“I think it’s time for us to head out,” I said.

Josh pulled Blake in for a hug and a kiss before standing up and doing the same to me and Logan, who was about to fall asleep.

We headed back to our new home and I laid them down for a nap that both of my boys desperately needed. For the next hour and a half I discovered how amazing a web cam is while talking to Kylee. I got to see Ty, Lily, and Addy too!luckily I didn’t have to see Todd

Once Josh got home we had dinner, unpacked, tucked the kids into bed, then unpacked some more. I swear those boxes never end! I let out a small sigh while falling onto the bed next to Josh.

“Tired?” He asked as I cuddled up next to him.

“Yeah kinda,” I said laying my head on his chest.

“Kirstie…I want you to be completely honest with me,” Josh said.

“Okay,” I replied.

“What do you think of North Carolina?” He questioned while looking directly into my eyes.

“Completely honest?” I asked as he nodded his head. “It’ll take some getting used to.”

“Do you miss California?” He went on asking.

“Yeah,” I barely whispered.

“Me too,” He sighed.

“It’s gonna be okay though Josh. This will help you be a better rider and we can do this,” I tried to reassure even though I wasn’t completely believing it myself.

“The Grant’s aren’t quitters, that’s for sure,” Josh smiled while kissing my head.

“You’re right they’re not!” I smiled.

We both started drifting off to sleep as the thoughts of what was just said were replayed in my mind. The Grants aren’t quitters….I just wish we weren’t quitters who lived in California….
♠ ♠ ♠
i told kylee that the last chapter she wrote made me sad in a good way... doesn't that sound weird? lol

The Grants