The Day That You Fall I'll Be Right Behind You

Cranking Up The Grease Meter

“Blake, are you excited for Daddy to teach you how to ride?” I asked our son as I walked into his room while Josh was loading Logan into the truck along with all the other things we needed.

”YEAH!” He squealed as I pulled his little jersey over his head then preceded to help him with his adorable little riding pants.

“Mommy what about my boots?” He asked me once I took him by the hand and started to lead him out of the room.

“Let’s wait until we get to the track. I don’t want you to fall,” I told him.

“And smack my face,” He added as I let out a laugh before picking him up and carrying him outside to the truck and buckling him into the backseat next to Logan who was babbling away.

“Awww the little PW’s are so cute,” I said once I saw Josh loading a PW50 into the bed of the truck.

“They’re a lot easier to load, that’s for sure,” He chuckled.

“You’re so adorable you know that?” I smiled at him once he hopped out of the truck bed.

“I think you might have said that once or twice before?” he asked placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer.

“You are so cute,” I said before connecting our lips.

After we shared our little moment we got into the truck and drove to Todd’s spot. When we arrived the Potters weren’t there yet.Todd and Ky are too busy kissing to remember. About ten minutes later they finally showed up and Blake ran over awkwardly since we just put his boots on him, and waited for Ty to get out. I had to snap a picture when I saw them hugging.

Todd and Josh got the little bikes out while Kylee walked over to me, pushing Lily and Addy in their double stroller. I held Logan on my hip before we started chatting about how cute our boys are.

“So Blake, are you ready to get greasy?” Josh asked our son once Todd had Ty sitting on a little PW50 Honda and Blake was sitting on a similar one…only Yamaha.

“I’m gonna crank up the grease meter!” Blake shouted pumping his little fists into the air and Kylee and I burst into a fit of giggles. I eventually fell over in laughter and luckily I had set Logan in his stroller a few moments earlier.

Before the boys started riding they explained everything to them about how to work the bike. Luckily the little 50’s don’t have clutches which is nice, so all they have to know is brake and gas….it’s more the gas that I’m worried about.

I was snapping pictures like crazy through the whole thing. Seeing Josh in all his gear and Blake in all his gear on his little bike with his helmet that nodded at whatever Josh said was just so adorable. Ty was pretty adorable too….just not Todd.

A few hours later Ty and Blake were riding around like crazy, they were naturals! But I guess they had it in their blood. Another thing Blake had in his blood was his need for speed. He was going so fast! Way faster than Ty was…which made me insanely nervous!

“Blake better not hurt himself,” I nervously sighed running a hand through my hair noticing his riding style that was just like Josh’s, which meant it was fast, pushing himself, and a little out of control.

“I know, he’s flying. He rides just like Josh though,” Kylee laughed.

“Look at Ty though, he handles that bike so well,” I said noticing how smooth Ty looked.

“It’s just like Todd,” Kylee grinned looking over at her hubby. At the sound of Todd’s name Lily let out a little squeal which we thought was so cute. Addy didn’t though, considering she was sleeping in the stroller just like Logan was in his stroller.

Josh and Todd came over and stood by us watching our sons ride around and we all yelled encouraging words to them as they got more confident on their bikes.

“Ty, let’s race!” Blake excitedly squealed once they came over near us.

“No that’s boring I wanna learn how to backflip!” Tyson said.

”No way ty,” Kylee sternly said.

“Aw mommy why not?” He whined a little.

“It’s not safe,” she plainly stated.

“Daddy can you do one for me?” Tyson pleaded looking at Todd as he quickly agreed. Todd would never pass up a chance to show off.

Todd put on his helmet and goggles before mounting his bike and speeding off for a jump that he hit perfectly and pulled a beautiful backflip and we all clapped for him except for Ty and Blake who was yelling loudly.

“Daddy why don’t you do that?” Blake asked looking up at Josh once Todd had come back over.

“Your dad is too greasy to backflip,” Todd teased as him and Kylee laughed.

Josh pouted out his bottom lip and hung his head playfully.

“Aw you made my Joshie sad,” I cooed wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek.

“You’re just jealous that your man can’t backflip like mine,” Kylee joked once the kids went back to riding.

“He’s adorable anyway,” I replied as Josh wrapped his arms back around me and I laid my head on his chest. “Besides, Todd could never ride a bike like Josh does.”

“How hard can it be to ride like a maniac and crash every weekend?” Todd shot at us playfully.

“Harder than you think! Besides I don’t crash every weekend!” Josh countered.

“Oh right sorry, you crash twice every weekend,” Todd said making himself and Kylee laugh.

“Don’t me mean to my Joshie boy!” I pouted at them.

“You’re two are so pathetic,” Kylee rolled her eyes before pecking Todd’s lips.

“Oh look who’s talking!” Josh shot at her with a smile.

A while later the boys came back over and we all sat down and took a break. I held Logan in my arms and Kylee and Todd each held on of their little girls. Josh laid down next to me and held his arms out for Logan whom he let sit on his chest while tickling or poking his tummy every now and then. Blake and Tyson sat in the middle of all of us talking about how cool the bikes were.

“Mommy do you ever get greasy?” Blake asked looking up at me along with Tyson.

I couldn’t help but let out a little laugh before saying “Yeah I used to a lot, I even raced a few times but not that much anymore.”

“Do you ride mommy?” Tyson asked Kylee.

“No I don’t sweetie, I did when I was a kid but I haven’t for a really really long time,” Kylee replied.

“Haha Ty, my mommy rides and Aunt Ky doesn’t,” Blake teased poking Tysons arm.

“So… my daddy can backflip….and Uncle Josh and Aunt Kirstie are always greasy,” Ty said shaking his head which made us all laugh.

We sat there a while longer before the boys wanted to ride again but this time Todd and Josh went out and rode alongside them, it’s was adorable! Blake’s little PW50 looked so tiny next to Josh’s 450. Kylee and I loved seeing our husbands and our kids like this.

“I’m so glad we got to come back,” I sighed while bouncing Logan up and down.

“Me too, I missed you so much,” Kylee said standing up and pulling me and Logan in for a hug. I then had to go over and kiss Lilly and Addy as well. We were kind of like one big family and I loved it.

“Look at this picture I found when I was in North Carolina,” I said grabbing my phone and showing the screen to her. “I found it on my laptop and loaded it onto my phone.”

“Oh my gosh, that was the first day we opened the studio,” Ky gasped looking at the picture.

“Yeah I remember Adam taking that picture,” I smiled. The picture was from behind and Kylee and I were walking away while holding hands.

“Aww,” Kylee and I both said.

Our focus was then on our boys that were going over whoops. Josh wheelied all of them and Todd tried to go as fast as Josh but that didn’t work out so well for him. Not so easy, huh Todd?

Blake then rode as fast as he could rolling over all of them but he made me nervous with his speed but did well. Ty started out slow but then gassed it quickly and tried to jump over two of them! Kylee and I both let out gasps as he went tumbling to the ground. We saw Todd and Josh run to him and before I could even blink Kylee was in a dead sprint over to her son.

I stayed with all the kids and watched as Todd picked up a sniffling Tyson in his arms. Kyle inspected him and left lots of kisses all over him. Everyone came over to where I was and I saw that Ty had a few scrapes on his arms from where his jersey was pushed up but other than that he was okay.

Kylee sat down with Ty in her lap stroking his hair. Poor little guy, he was a little shaken up. Todd sat behind and wrapped his arms around both of them after he pushed the stroller holding both of their sleeping girls in it closer to them.

“Daddy? Is Tyson okay?” Blake asked Josh nervously.

Josh, who was standing next to me, picked Blake up and left a kiss on his forehead.

“Yeah, it just scared him,” Josh explained.

“How’s my Logan?” Josh cooed leaning over to kiss Logan who was in my arms with his head lying on my chest.

“Da da da,” He cutely babbled with a smile.

After a while Tyson was okay and they got back up to ride a little more before we left. The entire way home Blake kept on talking about riding. Eventually his exhaustion caught hold of him as his little eyelids closed so we couldn’t see his sparkly brown eyes that mirror mine anymore. I thought it was so adorable that he loved riding so much.. my little moto rider. Soon I’m going to have two boys to worry about out on the track and I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ll have a third one there soon too.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww only a couple more chapters

The Grants