Status: Done :)))))

Unexpected Love

Chapter 10

I woke up to light snoring. Furrowing my eyebrows I looked up to see that I was sleeping on Alex. His mouth was slightly open and he was lightly snoring. He was so adorable!

I smiled slightly and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. His eyes fluttered open and he gave me a curious look. I looked down, blushing.

"Did you just kiss my cheek?" he asked slowly sitting up, causing my to straddle his waist. 

"Um.....no", I said trying to hide the fact that my face was probably cherry red by now. I bit my lip.

"I think you did", he said, a smile evident in his voice.

"So what if I did?" I said innocently, still not looking at him. He tilted my chin up to make me look at him. 

"Do you like me?" he asked. I swallowed hard. I did like him, but I wasn't about to admit that. I shook my head.

"No, I just think you're a lot less threatening when you're asleep so I kissed your cheek", I said shrugging like it was no big deal. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever", he said. We got out of the backseat and went back to the front after he put the blankets back in the trunk. Alex started up the car and drove out to the freeway.

"I need to go to the bathroom", I said.

"Umm okay... we'll stop at a rest place", he said. I nodded. He drove until it came up, going into the place. We went in and there were cops everywhere, holding pictures of me. 

I stared in shock. There was no one around us. Alex quickly grabbed my hand and ran outside to the car. He opened the passenger seat pushing me in and running over to the drivers seat. He started the car and raced out of the place.

"What just happened?" I asked, buckling in.

"I almost got caught by the cops", he said, continuously looking back. I swallowed hard. He drove little more until going into another dirt road. He pulled over onto the side.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You said you had to go the bathroom, didn't you?" he asked.

"Yeah", I said cautiously.

"Well then there you go. There's a tree right there", my eyes grew wide.

"You want me to go......there?" I asked incredulously.

"Yup", he said popping the 'p'. 

"B-b-but but-", Alex cut me off.

"It's either now or until we can go back out in the open", I swallowed hard rolling my eyes. I got out of the car. I can't believe I'm doing this. 

I went behind a tree and did my business. Eww, this is so gross! I finished up and went back out to Alex.

"Please tell me you have hand sanitizer", I said. He smirked and pulled out the little bottle. I held my hand out and he poured some on. I rubbed my hands together sniffing, them. Mm blueberry.

"So what now? Are we just going to stay here?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No we're going to keep driving until we get to Kansas", he said. I nodded. 

"Kay", I said. We walked back into the car and drove off, "How long?" I asked.

"A couple of hours", he said. I sighed and sat back in my seat.

•*•*•*•

It was raining cats and dogs outside. We drove onto another dirt road. I guess we were staying the night here? Alex kept on driving, but the car started to slow down. I looked over at Alex.

"What's going on?" I asked. He kept on pushing the pedal, but nothing was happening.

"I-I don't know", he looked a the gas, cursing under his breath, "We're out of gas", he sighed looking over at me. My eyes widened.

"Y-You mean we're stuck here. In the middle of no where and it's pouring rain outside?" I asked in disbelief. He nodded.

"I'm gonna go see if I can find a gas station", I looked at him. It was pretty dark out. I shook my head.

"There is no way in hell you're leaving me out here. It's fucking dark and pouring. What if I get killed!" I shrieked. He chuckled.

"You're not going to get killed", he said.

"Yeah well I didn't think I'd get kidnapped either and look how that turned out", I said. He sighed.

"Well I can't take you with me. Someone might recognize you", he said.

"Then call a tow truck or something", I suggested.

"How about this? You stay in the car, handcuffed, and keep all the doors locked and I'll go get the gas", he said. I shook my head again.

"Someone can still break in through the window", I said. He sighed.

"Fine, I'll call a tow truck", I smiled in victory.

"Yay!" He laughed, rolling his eyes. He called the tow truck company, talking out all the info.

"They said they'll be here in an hour", he said.

"An hour!" I nearly yelled. He sighed.

"Yeah, they said it was because the rain was so bad", he said. I nodded. He got out of the car. I furrowed my eyebrows and followed him out. I was only in a t-shirt and shorts.

It was probably a stupid decision to go out in the winter rain like that. I ran up to Alex, getting wetter by the second.

"What are doing out here?!?" he yelled over the rain, "Go back in the car!" he yelled. I shook my head.

"Why are you out here?!" I asked.

"To get the blankets! Go back in the car!" he yelled. I rolled my eyes and went back to the passenger side door. I went to go in, but the door wouldn't open. I tried again, but it was locked. Sighing, I walked back to Alex.

"Unlock the door!?" I yelled. He went to grab his keys, he felt around for them a little more before giving me a panicked look. He ran to the drivers seat and I followed him.

"Dammit! I left the keys in the car!" he yelled.

"What?!? How stupid can you be so stupid?!?" I yelled. 

"Don't look at me! You're the one who came out after me! You're not even suppose to be out here!" I huffed and folded my arms across my chest.

"Well what do we do now?!" I asked. He shrugged.

"Just wait out here I guess", I sighed and went to the hood of the car, sitting on it. I brought my knees up to my chest, wrapping my arms around them, trying to warm up.

I started to shiver. Alex came up and sat next to me. We were both soaking wet. 

"Cold?" he asked. I shook my head. He took off his hoodie and handed it to me. I looked at it then back up at him, "Go on, take it", he said.

"Thanks", I said taking it and putting it on. It wasn't that much of a difference, but it was still warmer. Alex wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into him.

We were going to have to sit out here for an hour? Great. I'll be lucky if I don't get pneumonia. I leaned into Alex more. He pulled me onto his lap, making me straddle his waist.

I looked at him questioningly. He didn't say anything. He just stared. He placed his and on my neck and my breathing hitched. I was still a bit scared of when he did that.

He pulled me closer to his face. His warm breath fanned out onto my face. My eyes fluttered shut. He pressed his lips against mine. The scary part...... I kissed back.

I melted into him, wrapping my arms around his neck. I tangled my hands in his wet hair. He placed his hand on my hips pulling me closer.

Alex licked my bottom lip, begging for an entrance. I gave it to him. Our tongues battled for control. He explored my mouth.

I came up for air as he moved his lips to my jaw line. He began to kiss down to my neck. He found my sweet spot lightly sucking on it. A soft moan escaped my lips. Alex pulled away and looked at me.

He was breathing heavily. I swallowed hard. He continued to look into my eyes as if he were searching for something.

"Y-You kissed me back", I bit my lip and looked down at my lap then looking back up at him again. I nodded, giving him a soft smile.

"Yeah", I whispered. He gave me his crooked smile, giving me another kiss. I rested my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. I put his hood up over my head and snuggling closer to him.

"I love you", I swallowed hard. A small smile formed on my face. Did I love him? No, but I was starting to. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked at him.

"I don't love you", I said. His face fell, "But I'm starting to", I added with a smile. His face broke out into a grin. He kissed me again.

"Really?" he asked. He was so adorable!

"Yeah", I said. I can't believe I told him. What was going on? I bit my lip and looked up. The rain was still coming down hard.

I sighed. He gave me a half smile. I smiled back. Resting my head on his shoulder, I closed my eyes.

•*•*•*•

I saw the headlights of the tow truck and showed Alex. It was still pouring. We slipped off the hood and I kept my head down. I folded my arms across my chest. Alex talked to the dude and he went over to the car.

I walked over to them, standing next to Alex. It was really dark now. I'm pretty sure the guy wouldn't be able to recognize me. I sighed and up on the balls of my feet.

"So you two a couple?" the guy grunted. My eyes grew wide. My head snapped in Alex's direction. He looked at me.

"Are we?" I whisper-asked. 

"Do you want to be?" he asked. I bit my lip, thinking about it for a second.

"Yeah", I whispered. He smiled.

"Yeah we are", he said to the guy. The door suddenly came open. I perked up.

"Finally", Alex laughed.

"Go in the car. I'll come in after we fill the gas", he said. I nodded and went into the car. Alex and the man went to get the gas and came back to he pump.

"So, what's her name?" he asked. 

"Uhhh Lilly. Her name's Lilly. She's great. I love her", I chuckled lightly to myself. Lilly. Nice cover.

"Does she love you back?" the guy asked.

"No, but I think she's close", he said, a smile evident in his voice.

"Well let me just tell you this. You are one lucky young man. She seems like an amazing girl. Treat her right", he said. I swallowed hard. I heard a car door shut and sat up.

Alex came into the car, starting it up. He turned the heat onto full blast. I sat back in my seat closing my eyes.

"Sweet dreams", he whispered. I fell asleep smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday
I had to rewrite this chapter twice
I tend to forget very important information when
I write chapters
so umm I'm going to be lacking on updating
for about a month cuz I'm fasting
but I will still be updating
anyway
thank you for reading and please comment
and omg tell me what you think about what happened
and I wanna know what you guys think is gonna happen next

Peace ;)