Status: Done :)))))

Unexpected Love

Chapter 9

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere in Missouri",he said. Ugh, yet another boring state. 

"How long until we get there?" I asked.

"Less than an hour", he replied. We've been driving for almost two hours now. I was getting tired of sitting down for so long. We needed to pull into a food court now anyways. I sighed.

"Alex", I said. He sighed, obviously knowing what was wrong by the tone of my voice. We drove for a little bit linger until another food court came into sight. He pulled into the parking lot and we went into the place.

I went in and did my business. When I came out Alex and I headed over to the Starbucks store. I got hot chocolate and Alex got a really strong coffee. I couldn't blame him. He barely got enough sleep, although he doesn't have any bags.

We went back to the car and he began driving again. I sat there sipping my hot chocolate. I looked over at Alex. The kiss instantly came to mind. It's only been about two hours, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Did it mean anything? After all, he did ask me to do it. Then again I didn't have to. I agreed to it. Why did I agree to it?

I sighed. I'll never know. The weird thing is. I've been having this weird feeling in my stomach since the kiss. It wasn't a sick feeling. More like butterflies.

Wait. Did I just say butterflies. Oh no, I was not falling for him. Was I? Crap, I didn't even know!

What's happening to me? I cannot like him. After all he's done to me. No way, it isn't happening, but...... the thing is, I think it already started to. The car started to slow down.

I looked out at the road. Traffic. Great. I turned my head to look at Alex. He looked over at me and gave me his smile that I've come to know, and maybe, possibly even.... love.

I couldn't help it. It was just so comforting. I swallowed loudly and looked away, train to hide the blush that was creeping up into my cheeks and the small smile I couldn't help. Was I seriously blushing? Shit, this was worse than I thought.

At what point did I develop feeling for him? I sure as heck don't know, that's for sure. I chewed on my lip. What does this mean? 

I'm so confused. My headache from earlier came back. Wonderful, no fantastic even! Note the sarcasm.

"Alex, where's the Advil?" I asked.

"Is your headache back again?" he asked. I simply nodded. He reached over into the glove compartment and pulled out the little bottle of pills. I took them from him and dry swallowed a pill putting them back where they were before.

"Thanks", I said.

"No prob", he replied. The cars moved up a little bit. 

•*•*•*•

We finally made it to a motel after about two hours of being stuck in traffic. I went to bathroom right away doing my business. When I came out I fell onto the bed next to Alex. He wrapped an arm around me, and pulled me into him.

"How's your headache?" he asked. 

"It's still there, but not as bad", I said.

"I'm sorry", I shook my head snuggle into him. He kissed my head. I closed my eyes. This felt so good. My headache started to slowly subside.

I started to get a cramp. Fuck! I sat up and doubled over. Dammit! I hate it when I get cramps. They're the worst and they last forever.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, worry evident in his voice. I nodded.

"Uhuh", I breathed. I doubled over more, trying to make the pain go away. I groaned.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked, now sitting next to me. 

"Don't worry. Their just cramps. They'll go away", I said.

"When?" he asked.

"A while", I gasped.

"You want me to get you something?" he asked. I shook my head furiously.

"You are not leaving me hear in this condition! I won't let you!" I yelled out. It was silent for a while. I couldn't see his face because I was in to much pain.

He lifted my chin up to look at him. I looked at him and his face was a mixture of shock and happiness. He cupped my cheeks.

"What?" he asked, barely audible. It took me a second to realize what I had said. Oh my gosh. Did I just say I wanted him to stay? I swallowed hard.

"Don't leave me?" I asked. His face broke out into a smile. His smile.

"I would never", he whispered. He leaned in and gave me a short, innocent, meaningful kiss. I didn't kiss back, but... I wanted too. 

He pulled away looking at me. My cramps were gone. Wow, that was the shortest time they've last. How the heck did that happen. I sat up and looked down. I was blushing again.

"Are you blushing?" he sounded amused.

"Uh no", I said. I could feel my face heat up even more. He tilted my chin up. A smirk adorned his face.

"I think it's adorable", he said. I looked into his eyes, getting lost in them. It took me a second to realize what was happening. I snapped out of it, clearing my throat. I looked down at my lap, looking up at Alex through my bangs. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"So uh, what now?" I asked.

"Well we can always watch TV?" he suggested.

"Um o-okay", he laid back down on the bed, pulling me down with him and I laid down next to him laying my head on his chest. He turned on the TV and the news was on. I swallowed hard and sat up, pushing myself off of him, " Turn the sound up", I said. Alex did as I asked.

"21 year-old December Chambers is still missing. Police reported that they did get a few leads. It seems that Chambers did stay at a few high-class hotels and a few not so high-class motels. Witnesses have reported that they saw Chambers with a hound man who looked to be around her age. They have described the man to be very attractive with brown hair, brown eyes and wearing skinny jeans basically everyday. Officers are saying that they do not know where Chambers and this mystery-man are now, but they figured they are on the right track. The police have named this case to be the December Symphony case. Here I have Chief Johnson head of the Baltimore County Police Station to update us on the case a little bit more", the chief walked up next to her, "Now Chief Johnson, what do you think of this case?" the lady asked.

"Well this is definitely not your regular abduction case. In all my years I have never heard of a kidnapper to be attractive and wear skinny jeans. We don't know his. So far all the places they've stayed at I've gotten six different names from. We don't have any leads on why he kidnapped her, but uh we're trying our best and we're hoping for the best. Most kidnapping cases, the victim is killed pretty quickly, but uh we're lucky enough to know that she is alive", he said.

"Thank you Chief", the chief nodded and left, "There you have it folks. We'll keep you updated as the case progresses. I'm Wendy Striker signing out", the scene switched and Alex turned off the TV. I looked over at him. He swallowed loudly and looked over st me.

"We needed to leave. Now", I sighed and nodded getting off the bed and heading to the bathroom, quickly doing my business and coming out. We walked out of the motel quickly after signing out. We got in the car and drove off.

We drove around for a few about 10 minutes before Alex drove onto a dirt road. I raised my eyebrow. Why were we going this way?

"Alex, where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't worry we just need to stay on the down low for a little bit. We're going to have to sleep in the car for a few days before we can go back to motels, but don't worry. It'll all be worth it when we get to where I'm trying to get us", he said.

"And where is that exactly?" I asked.

"You'll see", he continued to drive for a little more before pulling over next to a big tree.

"You do know how to get out, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. I've got it all planned out. I know where we're going and where we are", he said.

"Oh okay", I said. I looked out. It was pretty dark. I looked over at the time. It was 9:45. Wow.

"So uh do you want to sleep here or in the backseat?" he asked. I contemplated whether or not I should sleep back there. Why not?

"Sure", I said. We both got out of the front seat and I walked to the passenger side door. Alex walked back to the trunk, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Getting some blankets and pillows", he said.

"Oh", he got the blankets and two pillows and we went into the back seat. Alex laid down first and I laid down on top of him after closing the door. He pulled the blankets up and around us as I rested my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and I was asleep within minutes.  
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG
the all time low thing actually worked!!!
YES!!
so uhh thanks for soo many comments
keep up the good work!!
this chapter was kinda short
but tell me what you think about the big news!!!
COMMENT!!! COMMENT!!! COMMENT!!!

Peace ;)