Status: Done :)))))

Unexpected Love

Chapter 4

December's Dream

I was running from someone. I didn't know what, all I knew is that I needed to get away.
Everything was pitch black. My breathing was heavy and I was sweating. I never ran this fast
before.

I tripped over a branch. Where it came from? I had no idea. It wasn't there a second ago. 

I tried to get up, but my foot was caught in the branch. I could hear the person coming towards me. I felt myself start to panic. I tried to get up again, but the branch just got tighter.

I could see a faint outline of a man. Something about him seemed so familiar. As he got closer I started to recognize his face. It was Alex. He didn't look like himself.

He was wearing an eerie smile. That wasn't his smile. I know I've only known him for about 3 days, but that definitely wasn't his smile. He finally got next to me bringing his face close to mine. His breath was so cold.

I felt myself tense up. He chuckled evilly. I shivered from how cold his breath was.

"Sweetheart", he breathed, "You need to relax", he said. That didn't help. I saw something shine from the little light in his hand. My eyes grew wide with fear.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you", he said as he held a pocket knife to my throat. My
breathing hitched and I looked at him with fear. Alex pressed the knife harder to my neck
and....


I shot awake gasping in a cold sweat. I looked around. I was still in bed at the hotel room. The weight shifted next to me and Alex sat up still half asleep. I looked at him with fear. 

Tears welled up in my eyes and I started to cry. He was more awake now. 

"December? What's wrong, babe?" he asked. I just shook my head, "Com here", he brought me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders burying my head into the crook of his neck.

He gently rubbed circles into my back trying to calm me down. I cried for a little bit longer before pulling away from him. I wiped away the tears from my cheeks. I tried to calm down my breathing. Alex brushed away my bangs looking at me.

"Now can you tell me why you were crying in the middle of the night?" he asked. I just shook
my head again.

"Just a bad dream", my voice cracked, I didn't meet his eyes.

"Well what made it so bad?" he asked. I looked into his eyes shrugging.

"It was just a bad dream. Nothing to talk about. We should forget it ever happened and go back to sleep." I said getting ready to lie back down. He caught my arm.

"Tell me December", he asked getting aggravated that I wouldn't tell him.

"It's-it's nothing j-just forget about it", I said lying back down, facing away from him. He turned me back towards him pinning me down.

"It was about me wasn't it", he stated. I didn't say anything, "Tell me what happened in that
dream", I stayed silent, "Tell me dammit!" I winced shrinking away from him. His eyes darkened. I could feel the tears start to build up again. He pulled me up and pinned me against the headboard with force. I cried out in pain. He gripped my shoulders tightly, most likely bruising them.

I started to sob. I was so scared. This wasn't happening to me. It was so unfair. Why me?

"Tell me, December", he said sternly. I swallowed hard and told him about my dream. His eyes started to soften up and his grip on me loosened. Alex sighed, pulling away from me and rubbing his face. He looked back up at me.

"You know I would never hurt you, right?" I gave him a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

"You just did. In fact I think you left bruises", I said harshly. He gave me an intense glare and I shrank away afraid of what he would do. I heard him sigh. I felt the bed move again.

Alex brought his face up to mine. I looked into his eyes. His warm breath fanned out across my face. He planted a soft, quick kiss upon my lips and pulled away. I didn't kiss back.

"I'm sorry", he said whispered, "I just-I just-I'm sorry", he breathed looking down. I didn't know what to say. I was so confused. Without thinking I pushed him away and lied back down, trying to get some sleep.

He sighed and turned me around, pulling me back into him. I simply laid limp. He came in
close and rested his head on my stomach. I closed my eyes and sleep over came me within seconds.

***

I awoke to Alex shaking my shoulder. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, stretching.

"Get up we're leaving soon", he said, already showered and dressed.

"What time is it?" I asked still trying to rid the sleep from my eyes. 

"5:36", he replied, gathering everything.

"Oh", I got up and went over to my duffel bag that I bought yesterday. I took out black skinny
jeans, a midnight blue v-neck, and an Monster pullover hoodie. I took my toothbrush and
toothpaste, going into the bathroom to get ready.

I brushed my teeth, took a shower and got dressed. I left my hair the way it was. I was so glad my hair never gets to tangled. I ran my fingers through my blond and brown hair a few times, trying to make it look decent. After a little more fussing, I finally thought it looked good. 

I sighed and thought about last night. I slipped off my shirt examining the bruises on my
shoulder. I touched one softly wincing at the pain. Turning around, I looked over my shoulder to examine the bruise on my back. Sighing, I slipped my shirt back on and came out.

Alex was waiting by the door, carrying both our duffel bags. I grabbed my bag, which if you think
about it was really a tote and followed him out. We got into the elevators waiting for the lobby. I tapped my foot impatiently. We finally got to the lobby.

Alex and I walked over to the front desk, checking out. We then made our way out to his car.
Alex through our bags in the trunk and we got into the car. I threw my bag onto the backseat
and buckled in. I tried to relax, but couldn't, the events of last night replaying in my head.

I gulped and looked over at Alex who started to drive. What was up with him? He was probably mental. That would explain the mood swings.

"Where are we going now?" I asked. We came to a stop light and Alex leaned back in his seat, breathing out.

"Charlotte, North Carolina", I sat up straight.

"We're going to North Caroline!" I yelled. He simply nodded, "When are you going to take me
home?" I whined, falling back into my seat.

"It depends on how long it will take", I perked up at the sound of this.

"You mean you might actually take me home!" I squealed. 

"No not really, it all just depends on what happens. I'm hoping everything goes according to
plan", he said.

"And what is your 'plan' exactly?" I said putting air quotes around plan.

"You'll find out soon enough", he said.

"And how soon is soon enough?" he shrugged.

"I don't know. Like I said. It all depends on how long it takes and what happens", he replied. I wasn't going to get an answer was I?

"Exactly where in Charlotte, North Carolina are we going?" I asked.

"Blake Hotel", he said.

"Blake? Doesn't sound very fancy", I said. He chuckled.

"That's What you say now, wait till you actually see the place", he said. I sighed.

"How long is it going to take to get there", I asked.

"About five hours", replied Alex.

"Five hours?" I asked in disbelief. He replied with a 'mmhmm'.

"You should get some sleep. It's going to be a while", he said.

"Okay", I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning back in my seat, going to sleep.

***

"Babe? Wake up", Alex said slightly shaking me. I yawned getting up.

"Are we there already?" I questioned. He shook his head.

"I stopped at a food and gas station. You hungry?" he asked.

"Y-", I was about to answer, but was cut off by the growl of my stomach.

"I'll take that as a yes, come on", he said getting out of the car. I followed him out and walked next to him. He laced our fingers together and brought me into him. I probably would've pulled away except that I was to tired to care.

"What to do you want?" he asked.

"McDonald's", I replied, laying my head on his shoulder. We walked up to the line and I closed my eyes. I could feel the line moving, and I moved up, making sure not to trip. I felt a gently tap on my shoulder.

"Um excuse me", Alex and I turned around and I lifted my head to look at the old lady, "You two make and adorable couple", she said sweetly, in her frail voice.

"Oh- we're not-" Alex cut me off.

"Thank you", he said. I gave him a look, he just squeezed my hand. 

"Oh your welcome darling, just be careful. This one looks like a keeper", she said looking at me and winking. I swallowed hard and looked down to hide the blush.

"Yeah I'm hoping I won't lose her", Alex replied. She smiled and we returned the favor turning around.

"So what do you want?" he asked me.

"Chicken Caesar Salad and a bottle of water", I said laying my head back down on his shoulder. I felt the line move up and Alex ordered for me, ordering himself an Angus Third Pounder, Coca-Cola, and fries. We waited for our orders. Alex finally paid and we went back to the car.

We got in and buckled up getting our food out. I opened up my salad putting in the dressing and croutons.

"Don't drop anything", he said. I scoffed.

"Last time I checked I only got a salad and water. I'm not the one who you should be telling not to drop anything", I remarked. He rolled his eyes and drove off eating with one hand and
steering with the other. I reached over and stole one of his fries.

"Hey!" he yelled. I looked at him innocently.

"What", I said like I didn't do anything wrong.

"You stole a fry", he whined.

"So, you stole me", I shot back. He sighed.

"Whatever", he grumbled. I grabbed my water bottle taking a drink.

"How much longer?", I asked putting my trash in the bag and kicking my feet up on the
dashboard.

"About 4 hours, and put your feet down", I rolled my eyes and took my feet down. I looked out
the window taking a deep breath. Everything was quiet except for the soft hum of the motor.
I turned back to Alex.

"What was that all about back there?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You know. Telling the old lady we were together", I said.

"I didn't tell, her she said it", he replied.

"But you agreed to it", I said.

"Your point is?" he asked.

"We're not together", I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well you sure weren't acting like it", he said.

"Well you're the one who took my hand. I only did that because I was tired." I defended. He
scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Whatever", he said.

***

Alex pulled up to a nice looking hotel. It said Blake Hotel in big fancy letters. We got out of the car grabbing our stuff and walking in. The place was full off high, prissy people who were looking at us in disgust. I rolled my eyes and continued. Alex signed us in and got our room keys. I felt everyone looking at us and stopped grabbing Alex's hand. I turned around dropping my bags and placing my hands on my hips.

"Do you all have something to tell us?!" they all stared at me in shock. No one said anything, "Didn't think so! Now stop fucking staring at us like you want to rape us! I'm sure you prissy snobs have something better to do!" I yelled right as the elevator doors opened. I went in and Alex came in behind me. I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Wow", he said. I huffed.

"I just hate it when people think they're better than me because they're richer", I stated.

"I understand", he said.

"So, what room do we have?" I asked.

"345", he replied. We got to our room and I collapsed onto the bed.

"This is so comfy!" I yelled my voice muffled by the pillows. Alex laugh, "What time is it?" I asked.

"Uh...10:53", he replied.

"Oh", I rolled over onto my back, "What do we do now?" I asked, lifting my head to look at him. He crawled on top of me and I moved into the bed more. He started to kiss my neck and made his way to my lips. I didn't kiss back and he finally pulled away.

"Well they have a pool. We can go swimming?" 

"Uh, okay", I said, getting up. Swimming, great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blake Hotel
That's the hotel their staying at
By the way the places they are going are real
And so is how long it takes to get there
And I know that was a really crappy filler
But the next Chapter will be better
COMMEMT!!! COMMENT!!! COMMENT!!!
I know you all are out there
Stop Hiding!!!
I have soo many readers!!
But so little comments!!
Please tell me what you think!!!
Oh and I'd also like to know if my chapters are too short
Please Comment!!!

Peace ;)