Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

Welcome to Winnipeg

I loved Winnipeg. The first summer Jon brought me here was amazing. It was basically the first time I met his parents. Some of those memories will never fade.

**************

I was squirming in my chair as the plane finally lifted off from O’Hare Airport. I felt a soft touch on my hand. I turned to see it was Jon’s hand. “Stella. Calm down. There’s no need to be nervous. It’s not that bad. From what I tell my mom she loves you already.” He picked up my hand and kissed my palm. “Are you sure? I mean I don’t want to make a bad first impression. I really want them to like ….” I was cut off from Jon’s lips that were connected to mine. Out of no where we heard someone clear their throat. We pulled away. “Excuse me. Would you like any refreshments?” the flight attendant asked us both. She was giving me a glare knowing that Jonathan Toews was right in front of her. Jon adjusted himself in his seat. “Nothing right now. Thank you.” She walked to the next row still giving me that same glare. I laughed. “Well then. Someone looks upset.” That for sure made Jon laugh. Just a bit.

After a couple of hours our captain came up on the overhead, “Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking. We are just 20 minutes away from landing in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is around 60° F outside. Good weather for a cool summer in Manitoba. This is now the time where I encourage you to fasten your seatbelt unless in need of the lavatory. I hope you enjoyed your flight and have a great day.” The captain came off the speakers.

“Oh god.” I said.

Jon turned toward me. “Everything is going to be okay. I promise.” he leaned in to kiss my forehead.

I sighed. “Jon. Promise is a very big word.”

He looked at me. “Now when have I even broken a promise to you?” he asked me. I looked at him and tried to think of the times if he has every broken a promise to me. It took me a while. I pouted. “None.” I hate admitting things to him where he’s always right. “See. This promise I’m sure of.” he said taking my hands.

The walk to the luggage arrive was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Not even from exiting the plane, I kept on tripping over inanimate objects or thin air. Jon would catch me if I’d fall. He’s such a sweetheart. As we entered the airport I immediately saw a sign that read ‘Welcome Home Jonny!’ His mom welcomed me to their home just as if I was her own daughter. I hate to admit this but Jon was right.

***************************

Of the years I’ve dated Jon and came to Winnipeg over any type of vacation. I never actually had the chance on seeing the amount of medals he won. I found myself in his room looking through each and ever one. It amazed me on how goal-orientated Jon was. Just then I saw a Chicago Blackhawks mini jersey. “Having fun eh?” Jon asked me leaning on the door frame. I turned my head to face my lovely fiancé. “Oh haha yea. I never realized how many medals you have. It’s amazing. Plus you added one more to it. Your Olympics medal.” I answered facing the medals still looking through them. “Yea I guess. Hockey is my main sport.” “Well obviously! Plus it’s like fate!” I said pointing to his Mini Hawks Jersey. He chuckled walking towards me. “Then that’s a good thing.” He kissed my forehead lightly. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling both of us into a hug. “Nice bear once again.” I whispered in his ear.

“Hey don’t make fun. You’ve seen the bear before. Why do you constantly make fun of me for it.” he asked.

“Oh no reason. I know you love that bear as much as I do.” I pulled again winking at him.
“Oh you know it.” He said pushing me to him bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'm sorry for the long wait and the horrible chapter. Schools been a pain in the ass. I had no time to write. I'm hoping I'll be able to write over the weekend. So check back here for updates.

Comments?
Rate?
Subscribe?