Status: D O N E !

Heart of Gold

The Test

I walked out of the bathroom waiting for results. I sighed to myself as the doorbell rang. I invited Gwen over to talk about this. I wasn’t quite sure how to tell her even if she is my best friend. As I opened the door, I looked to see that Gwen wasn’t alone. Some of the other halves were standing outside my door next to Gwen. Elina, Abby, Dayana, and Kelly Rae. “What are you guys doing here?” I nervously asked. “Well, we wanted to make sure if it true that there are going to be little Tazers running around.” said Kelly Rae. My face fell. I turned towards Gwen. She shrugged their shoulders. “They forced it out of me.” I shook my head. “Hey we’re like your extended hockey family. We’re always here for you. Even if our other halves are oblivious.” said Abby. I choked out a laugh.

Minutes later I secretly walk towards the bathroom ready for the signal. I could hear the footsteps of my friends behind me. I stopped at the door and looked directly at them. I stopped dead in my track causing them to run into me. “Stell, What’s wrong?” Abby asked me. “I. I don’t think I can do this.” I said to them. They all looked at each other. Elina walked passed me to the bathroom and picked up the small test. We all stared at her. “Well…” Dayana said. Elina walked up behind her and took a peek over her shoulder. A smile spread on her face. “And we welcome a mini Tazer!” she shouted. All the girls cheered as my faced blushed red. We all celebrated with a stash of ice cream I hide in the freezer.

“So are you excited?” Kelly Rae asked stuffing her face. I honestly couldn’t love the Blackhawk Better Halves than anyone else. I laughed. “Of course I am. But the problem is how to I tell Jon?” “Stella. Jon loves you know matter what. He’ll understand.” Gwen said gracefully putting her arm around my shoulder. “You’ll be fine.” she continued.

Later that night Jon and I Skyped each other. “So yeah. Right now we just checked into our hotel rooms in Vegas.” he laughed through the webcam.
“Don’t have too much fun Jon. Just because you guys won the Stanley Cup last season, doesn't mean you need to be in jail.” I said.
He laughed. “I love you Stella. Have I ever told you that?” “Jon. Yes you have. A bunch of times. If I didn’t love you I wouldn’t have accepted your hand in marriage.” We both laughed. It was quiet for a couple of minutes.
“So uh I have some good news.” I said trying to break the silence.
“Yeah. What is that?” he asked.
“Okay so for the past couple of days, I’ve been feeling sick. Just out of the blue sick. Gwen, Kelly, Elina, and Dayana came over earlier today and well…”
I looked up at the screen. His face was serious. “Come on Stell. You can tell me.” he said giving me the puppy dog pout. I gulped.
“Well I took a test today. And it came out positive.” I looked up at the screen to see Jonny smiling. “Are we?” He asked. I nodded.
“Well according to the test we are. I’m seeing the doctor tomorrow for an accuracy reading.” “Well hopefully that you are. And I can’t wait till this trip is over. And feel better. It’s getting late. You should get some rest.” I smiled. “Good Night Jon. I love You.” I said. “Night Stell. Love You too.” I turned ended the video call and turned off my computer. I’m glad I have a genuine caring hockey playing fiancé.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Happy Holidays everyone. I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's been a rough December. Plus I felt bad about not updating for a while so here's a short filler. I'm now on vacation out of town and I'm surprised my mom let me bring my laptop. So I'll try to update during my break. Thanks everyone whose reading and subscribing and commenting. They make my day.

Comment?
Rate?
Subscribe?