When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Seventeen

I know that chapters have been sad lately.
So hopefully this one will cheer you up.
In a strange way.
Because Ariana seriously kicks ass.
Literally.
xoxogreysceneyou!

~~~

Ariana and Adam waited in the front with their friends. Of course, Ryan was in the back of the line and the same mini-van as always was not moving more than three centimeters a minute, "ROSS!" A very angry voice yelled. Ariana already knew it was Denise.

"Leave her alone! She never did anything to you! This is all your fault!" Adam yelled at the girl, who was about ten times his body wait and three times taller than him.

"Stay out of this, Adam! This is between me and your lame ass sister!" Denise pushed Adam out of the way and walked closer to Ariana, "You're nothing but a bitch! I bet you just wanted all of that fame because you wanted to get away from your pansy-ass dad and all of his emo friends! Now look at you...you're nothing but a pathetic loser." Denise spat. Ariana moved forward, a glare in her eyes, but Cory caught her.

"Don't try it, Ariana. She's not worth getting suspended." He whispered in her ear.

"What a freak. You think that you can take me? You're dad is the world's most in denial fag! And you...you can't even talk!" Denise laughed and slapped Ariana across the face.

"Oh hell no...Beat her ass, Ariana!" Cory said as he let her go.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" The kids crowded around Ariana and Denise, chanting.

Denise threw a punch at Ariana, catching her jaw. She whimpered and threw a punch back and hit her stomach. Denise kicked Ariana in the shin, causing her to fall. She got on top of her and started to punch merciless.

Ryan sat in the driver's seat with Pete in the back and Jon in the passenger. Pete looked up at the sound of yelling and chanting, "What's going on?" He asked. Ryan looked to the left and squinted his eyes to see. He could see Adam in the crowd, trying to push through.

"I see Adam, but where's..." Jon trailed off and looked at Ryan. Ryan got out of the car, with Pete and Jon in tow, and raced to the group of kids.

"Piece of shit! Can't even take a punch! You're whole family is messed up! No one cares about the Ross family! You're all emo and gay!" Denise yelled, punching Ariana with every word. Fire glared in Ariana's eyes, "And not to mention your pathetic brother..." Denise snickered. Ariana punched Denise in the stomach and stood up. She wiped blood from her lip and pushed Denise to the ground and started to punch every inch of her face. She didn't care about getting suspended, she didn't care about Denise, she didn't care how much trouble she would get in. No one, and I mean no one messes with the Ross family. And no one talks smack about Adam to Ariana's face.

Ryan pushed through and peered over the kids cheering. He caught a glimpse of Ariana's head. He pushed forward...he had to fight back his smile. Ariana was beating the living shit out of Denise. Pete and Jon managed to get into the circle and pull back Denise and hold her so she wouldn't try to hurt Ariana. Ryan rushed forward and lifted Ariana into his arms, "Let's go. You have explaining to do. And I'm pretty sure you're suspended." Ryan said, trying to sound father-like.

Ariana and Adam walked inside the house and sat down on the couch. Brendon and Spencer were in London for an interview and the rest of Fall Out Boy was watching television, until they saw Ariana's cut lip and bloody knuckles, "What happened to you!?" Joe questioned, eyes wide. Ryan walked in and sat down on the coffee table so he could face the twins.

"Ariana," He said, handing her her notepad and a pen, "You have exactly twenty seconds to tell me what the hell happened," Ryan said. Ariana took the pad and pen and wrote down furiously. She didn't need twenty seconds, she only needed two.

'No one talks shit about the Ross's.'

Ryan peered at her writing and looked up and sighed,, "Well at least you kicked her ass, because you're right...No one talks shit about the Ross family. But you did get suspended. And so did Adam and Cory," He informed her. Ariana huffed and put her arms over her chest and glared. Ryan laughed, "But you aren't grounded. I'm actually kind of proud...I'm proud of you, Ariana. I didn't think you could beat the shit out of a one hundred seventy pound kid." Ryan laughed.

~~~

Adam, Cory, and Ariana sat around the house. Since Cory's mom was at work, he was invited to stay with Ariana and Adam for the week. They all sighed at the same time, nothing was on television.

"It has been confirmed. Ariana Ross has awoken from her coma, but with complications. Apparently, the teen star's vocal chords were damaged, losing her voice completely. Is this the end of the dynamic duo, Ariana and Cory? Or will she come back with her twin brother, Adam? And how is Ryan Ross taking this?"

Ariana stared at the television in shock. She didn't want anyone to know about her voice. She burst into tears, crying in Adam's lap, "DAD!" Adam called. Ryan came running down the stairs.

"What happened?!" He asked.

"Everyone knows! They said it on MTV. Everyone knows that Ariana can't sing anymore!" Adam replied. Ryan sighed and lifted up Ariana.

"C'mon. Calm down." He whispered as he carried her to the music room.

When Ariana had her breakdowns, Ryan would carry her to the music room and play some songs for her until she fell asleep. Or they would just sit on the huge couch and watch a movie.

Ryan set down Ariana on the couch and held her close as he turned on the DVD player with the remote. His hands were cramped from recording all night and he didn't have the energy to play for Ariana. He put in The Goonies and let Ariana cuddle into his side. She didn't even watch the movie, she buried her head in his chest and cried. He held her close, trying not to cry. He knew that if he started to cry, it would only make things worse. He quietly rocked her back and forth, even though she was a fourteen year old, and kissed her forehead from time to time, "Shh, it's okay. Calm down. Shh." He tried shushing her. Her crying slowly stopped as she fell asleep. Ryan turned off the television and closed the door before grabbing a blanket and laying down on the couch next to Ariana and pulling the blanket over her. Slowly, he drifted off to sleep like Ariana, "I knew she took after me." Adalae smiled. Ryan looked at her, confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Remember in the fifth grade? When I beat the shit out of that girl because she said that I wasn't goon enough for you and that my family was nothing but crazy Italians?" Ryan laughed.

"Yeah, and you started cussing her out in Italian? I remember that. I think that was the day I realized that I liked you." Ryan smiled. Adalae kissed his cheek before smiling at him.

"What would have happened if I stayed?" She asked. Ryan bit his lip.

"If you would have stayed...I honestly would have flipped out at first. But I would have helped you. Maybe we could have gotten married. Who knows." He smiled.

"Yeah...But everything happens for a reason." She mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing...Nothing at all."