When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Six

"Where's Ariana? I thought she was coming to watch Adam." Pete asked Ryan.

"I don't know. We got here and she ran off." Ryan stated flatly.

The lights dimmed. Ariana took in a deep breath, clutching the microphone in her hand. She was waiting to be announced, "Welcome to the 2008 Performing Arts Honors! Please welcome our opening act, she's a magnificent singer with a rockstar dad, ARIANA ROSS!" Everyone's eyes widened, they had no idea she was performing.

Pride filled with Ariana, a smirked played across her face, as she walked onto the stage. The music started and she naturally walked across the stage.
"Bury me standing under your window
With this cinder block in hand
Yeah, cause no one will ever feel like this again
And if I could move I’m sure it would only be to crawl back to you
I must have dragged my guts a block
They were gone by the time we…

Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that I could crush you with my voice
Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that I could crush you with my voice

Stood on my roof and tried to see you forgetting about me
Hide the details, I don’t want to know a thing

I hate the way you say my name like it’s something secret
My pen is the barrel of the gun, remind me which side you should be on," The crowd of kids that had gotten tickets from their school started to jump up and down at the song. Patrick looked shocked, Joe and Andy were grinning like mad-mans, and Pete was laughing with delight.
"Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that could crush you with my voice
Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that I could crush you with my voice

Stood on my roof and tried to see you forgetting about me
Hide the details, I don’t want to know a thing

I wish that I was as invisible as you make me feel
I wish that I was as invisible as you make me feel

Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate my…
Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate my…

Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that I could crush you with my voice
Whoa, I want to hate you half as much as I hate myself
You know that I could crush you with my voice."

Everyone cheered, Ariana didn't look down at her father. She only saw the Fall Out Boy guys clap and cheer along with three fourths of Panic! At The Disco. She walked off the stage and waited backstage in one of her dance outfits, waiting to be introduced again.

Her and Cory held hands as they rushed onto the dark stage. The stage lit up and Dance, Dance filled the arena. Her and Cory swung around and did flips and kicks and leaps. She smiled with joy. She had fun dancing. She caught a glimpse of the judges, who were grinning. Cory lifted her up and she fell back and slip beneath him and did thirteen turns in a row. She did pencil turns and jazz spins.

The music stopped and they rushed off the stage. Ariana changed into her second dance outfit. She walked onto the stage with the dance team, "Please welcome the Las Vegas High School Dance Team. We also have four gifted teenagers who will be performing. They are from local middle schools and have the ability to perform in competition with the high school. Those students are, Sarah McCliney, Justin Garcia, Cory DeMartinez, and Ariana Ross!"

The music started and Ariana slid across the stage, her feet gliding as if floating. She did her turns and flips and leaps. She leaped over three tables and landed in a jazz turn. She moved around and danced to the amped hip-hop sing. She could feel Ryan's eyes on her, and that's what she wanted. She finished her last turn before doing a series of flips and turns and rushed off the stage.

She put on her black pants and white shirt and red necklace. She took in a deep breath and walked out to the cheering crowd. She sat down at the piano, "I chose this song because it reminds me of my mom, because to me she is Superwoman." Her family looked at her strangely, Adam was sitting with them now, waiting to perform. He smiled softly and felt a tear fall from his eye.
"Everywhere I'm turning
Nothing seems complete
I stand up and I'm searching
For the better part of me
I hang my head from sorrow
Slave to humanity
I wear it on my shoulders
Gotta find the strength in me

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

For all the mothers fighting
For better days to come
And all my women, all my women sitting here trying
To come home before the sun
And all my sisters
Coming together
Say yes I will
Yes I can" Out of the corner of her eye she could she Adam smiling at her, proud of her. She could see his glossy eyes.

Ryan turned to his son, who was crying, "Why are you crying? Stop it, Ross's don't cry." He whispered. Adam wiped away his tears and sat up straight and stopped smiling. Ariana saw this, but kept singing with all of her heart.
"Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

When I'm breaking down
And I can't be found
And I start to get weak
Cause no one knows
Me underneath these clothes
But I can fly
We can fly, Oooohh

Cause I am a Superwoman!
Yes I am!
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess!
I still put on a vest!
With an S on my chest!
Oh yes!
I'm a Superwoman!" She belted the last part out, she sounded amazing. The judges nodded in approval. She waved to the crowd and walked off the stage. Her friends and the dance team all gave her hugs, knowing her mom was dead. She changed into her final outfit for dance. She sat at the mirror and traced her face with the make-up that had made her father famous. She drew the little bats, while everyone did the same next to her.

Ariana walked onto the dark stage. She took in a deep breath. The song slowly crept in. The lights all of a sudden burst with bright red and she started moving along with the bass of the song. She did her turns and spins. The bridge came in, her and Cory danced together with their hands laced. He nodded to her that the kiss was coming up. She nodded back and he placed his lips on hers. Justin came in when the fast part of the song started. He ripped Ariana out of his arms and they started to dance, as if fighting. They showed the passion in the song and the dance. The song was building and Brendon's voice started to scream. Then, they all fell and the lights turned off. Clapping filled the arena.

Adam and Ariana found each other on stage, "You were great!" He said. He hugged his sister, "I didn't know you could sing that well!" He kissed her cheek.

"Thanks. Good luck out there. Don't hit yourself in the eye with your drumstick." She laughed. Adam smiled.

"I won't." He said before grabbing his drum and sticks and walking onstage.

Adam walked off the stage after his solo, she could see Ryan standing up and clapping and smiling with pride. She smirked as the lights dimmed again, "And now, it is time for our closing performance. This girl has shown so much talent, her brother did too. If her voice didn't give you goosebumps before, it will now with this song. Please welcome, Ariana Ross!"

Ariana walked onto the stage in black skinny jeans and a red top. She held the microphone to her mouth and looked out to the crowd, and she saw a face. She saw her mom sitting at the top, smiling. Then she faded away. Ariana smiled and the music started.
"And I am telling you
I'm not going
you're the best man I'll ever know
There's no way I can ever go
No, no, there's no way
No, no, no, no way I'm living without you
I'm not living without you
I don't wanna be free
I'm staying
I'm staying
And you, and you
You're gonna love me, oohh ooh mm mm
You're gonna love me " Everyone in the audience stared at her in shock. She gave so much emotion in the song that she sound like she was already famous.
"And I am telling you
I'm not going
Even though the rough times are showing
There's just no way, there's no way!
We're part of the same place
We're part of the same time
We both share the same blood
We both have the same mind
And time and time, we've had so much to share and
No, no, no, no, no, no!" She sang that last line with so much passion, that she had a growl in the back of her throat. People in the back stood up and started applauding in the middle of the song. Pete looked around and set down his phone and stood up as well, with the rest of the band and clapped.
"I'm not waking up tomorrow morning and finding that there's nobody there

Darling there's no way
No, no, no, no way I'm living without you
I'm not living without you
You see there's just no way, there's no way

Please don't go away from me stay with me stay with me stay stay and hold me ahhhh yea stay stay and hold me please stay and hold me Mr. man try it Mr. try it Mr. i know i know i know you can

Tear down the mountains
Yell, scream, and shout like you can say what you want
I'm not walking out
Stop all the rivers, push, strike, and kill
I'm not gonna leave you
There's no way I will!" She held that note, causing more clapping. No one could believe that this powerful voice was coming out of a thirteen year old.
"And I am telling you
I'm not going
You're the best man I'll ever know
There's no way I can ever, ever go
No, no, no, no way
No, no, no, no way I'm living without you
Oh, I'm not living without you, not living without you
I don't wanna be free
I'm staying, I'm staying
And you, and you, and you
You're gonna love me

You're gonna love me, yes you are
Ooh ooh love me, ooh ooh ooh love me
Love me, love me, love me, love me

You're gonna love," She held that note longer than any other note. She held a hand over her stomach to keep her balance the note was so powerful, "ME!" The last note received a standing ovation. She let out a deep breath and waved to the crowd. She looked down. Ryan was sitting down, his arms crossed over his chest. She smirked. She didn't care. 'Look at everyone around me Dad, look what I can do. I can make people stand up and clap for me with just one note. What can you do? Paint little figures on your face and strum a few chords and right a few words on a piece of paper? How many standing ovations have you received? None! None at all! So HA!'

She walked off the stage and waited for the winners to be announced, "For best musician...ADAM ROSS!" Ryan stood up and cheered. Ariana smirked.

"For best dancer...Sarah McCliney!"

"For best duet...Cory DeMartinez and Ariana Ross!"

"For best male dancer...Justin Garcia!"

"For best singer...Ariana Ross!"

"Our last award, the moment you've been waiting for, Most Talented Student...This was a tough one. The judges have done their job fairly....Honestly the final decision was between two twins," Ariana and Adam glanced at each other and grabbed each others hands and closed their eyes, "ARIANA ROSS!"

Adam smiled the biggest he could smile and lifted up his sister and spun around as she screamed with joy. Confetti spilled from the ceiling and balloons dropped. Everyone congratulated her and smiled at her. Paparazzi took pictures of the girl that one, ready to make her a star.

Adam couldn't have been happier, he honestly wanted his sister to win. He knew she had talent. Yet, he still didn't believe the things she said about Ryan.

Ariana and Adam walked off the stage and went to their family. They were loaded with congratulations and balloons and flowers. Ariana and Adam turned to Ryan. Ryan glanced at Ariana, then turned to Adam, "You were great, Adam! Words can't express how proud I am of you!"

So Ariana smirked, turned around, and walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wait for the next chapter,
It shall be intense.
xoxogreysceneyou