Status: Active :)

Lost In The Stereo Sound

Quatre.

Natalie's POV:
"So," Anne said while we were waiting for French class to start, "are you going to prom?"

"Uh, no," I said wrinkling my nose.

"Why not?" she asked with her eyes wide.

"I don't have anyone to go with..." I said slowly seeing that she was obviously dense for even asking why.

"Really?" she asked looking even more surprised.

"Yea," I said glaring at her. "It's not a big deal."

"But it's in two weeks!" Anne said absolutely beside herself.

"Right," I said opening my notebook. I mean, it's not like I didn't want to go, it's just that I didn't have anyone to go with really. And I didn't want Alex to get to wrong impression if I asked him so I was dateless.

"Well, that sucks," she said collapsing into her seat.

I just scoffed at her. Alex and Jack ran into class completely out of breath and took their regular seats next to me.

"Where were you two?" I whispered as the bell rang and out teacher walked in.

"Whacking each other off," Jack said raising his eyebrows suggestively. I was totally desensitized to all of their vulgar talk that it didn't even phase me. I just nodded and started to take notes.

"We were actually breaking into a house," Alex clarified.

"Really?" I asked checking the board to make sure the conjugation I wrote was correct.

"Yep," he said nodding. He wasn't even trying to take notes seeing that he was sitting in his chair literally facing me and not even looking at the board.

"Did you steal anything?" I asked giving him a nasty look.

"Nope," he said looking at Jack, "quite the opposite."

"What?"

"We left stuff there," he said with a giant smile.

"Anything appropriate?" I asked. I had gotten pretty used to multitasking seeing that Alex was incapable of shutting his mouth in French.

"Actually, yes," he said.

"Do I even want to know?" I asked biting my pen.

"I'm not sure," Alex said. "You'll find out later."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked looking at Alex concerned.

"Don't worry about it," Alex said. "Now get back to taking notes for me and Jack, woman."

Again, I didn't even care that, technically, they were the most sexist, racist, and vulgar bastards I've ever come in contact with. I learned quickly that they actually meant few of the things they said.

The rest of the day passed unbearably slow, but eventually, it was the end of school and I was gathering my things from my locker.

"Hey babe," Alex said in my ear. I didn't even jump anymore.

"Whaddup, bitch," I said checking my locker for any extra books I need to take home.

"Wow, you still do your homework?" Alex laughed.

"Yes, Gaskarth. Some of us are going to top 25 ranked universities in the nation," I said with a sigh.

"Look at you, smarty pants," Alex said poking me.

"It's not funny," I said getting really annoyed.

"I'm sorry," he said backing off.

"I'm just, really stressed out," I said taking a deep breath.

"Why?" Alex said not understanding. The boy didn't have a care in the world.

"Because, finals are coming up and I have a lot to deal with," I said. "I need to maintain my GPA."

"But you're already accepted," Alex said clearly not understanding.

"I know, but they can withdraw it anytime they want if my grades this semester suck," I explained. "UCLA is pretty intense."

"Oh," Alex said as we started to walk out of the school to our cars.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Where are you going?"

"What do you mean?" Alex said digging in his pockets for his keys.

"For college," I said.

"Oh," Alex said finally finding them, "I'm not going."

"What?" I asked slightly alarmed. "Why not?"

"It's not in the cards for me," Alex said. "Now that my band is signed, I'm taking my music career seriously."

"That's awesome," I said impressed.

"You think so?" Alex said hesitantly.

"Yeah," I said sincerely. "I can tell you'll make it."

"How so?" Alex said. "My parents aren't even 100% sure that we're making the right decision."

"Because you have the drive for it," I explained. "And if you're that determined, you're bound to succeed."

"Well, this got really fucking deep really fucking fast," Alex said with a laugh. The kid could never take anything seriously for too long. "Cock. There we go. Deepness destroyed."

"Leave it to you to ruin a good moment," I said hitting his arm.

"See you around, Natty," Alex said jumping in his car and speeding away. I wondered what he was in such a hurry to get to.

I got into my car, lowered the top, and turned on the stereo. It was calming driving home. As I pulled up to my house and saw Alex's car in my driveway. I smiled to myself as I pulled next to it and turned my car off. I grabbed my keys and walked to the front door. It had a note on it that read: Vous venez en haut... in messy hand writing. Doing what the paper said, I went upstairs and found another note on the floor. Vous allez à votre chambre à coucher... in the same handwriting. Again, doing as it said, I went to my bedroom. The door was closed so I opened it and practically screamed. Alex was laying on my bed with a rose between his teeth in his underwear surrounded by rose petals. I choked on my own spit. He was holding a paper that said Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

"No," I said laughing, "I will not sleep with you." What a nervy bastard.

On cue, he turned over the paper and I saw that it read Voulez vous aller à la danse avec moi? I just laughed. Would I go to the dance with him? Naturally, I kept him in suspense.

"S'il vous plaît, Natty?" Alex said taking the rose out of his mouth and brushing it down his chest trying to be fake seductive. Ha. He said please.

"Oui, bien sûr, Gaskarth," I said going to hug him as I accepted his invitation to the prom.

"Good," Alex said hugging my in return.

He grinned down at me. Knowing perfectly well what he was about to do, I chuckled.

"What?" he said.

"Nothing," I said staring up at him with a smile.

He leaned his face toward mine and I didn't even have a second to attempt to push him away. His lips were intoxicating and practically magnets. I could pull away for the life of me. He wrapped one of his arms around my torso and pulled me close to him. His body was warm and his heart was beating fast. His skin was surprisingly soft. He kissed me like the world was ending; hungrily and with urgency. His hands moved up and down my back as we got further lost in the temporary bliss. I was literally about to push him down on my bed, when I came to my senses. I pried myself from his lips and bit my lip.

"Maybe you should put on your clothes," I said looking down at Alex.

"Ha, maybe," Alex said with a laugh. He went over to my desk chair and pulled on his pants and t shirt.

"We'll have an amazingly fun time at prom," I said.

"Oh, I'm well aware," Alex said finding his shoes and putting them on.

"Well, not to be a bitch, but I have a lot of work to do tonight..." I said trailing off.

"Yeah, same," Alex said. "I've got to clear some things up about this summer."

"I'll see you later," I said giving Alex a hug goodbye.

"See ya," he said running down the stairs and out the door.

So... I'm going to prom. I'm going to prom with Alex. Well, if I hadn't dug myself into a deep enough hole already, this will do it. I sat there on my bed having an emotional fight with myself. The logical part of my heart told me to keep as much distance between us as possible. But the impulsive part of my heart told me to give in to all of the desires and feelings I had for Alex. It felt like I'd known Alex for years. Nothing had ever overtaken me this quickly or easily. Ever. And maybe the reason I wanted to keep my distance was because I was scared. I was afraid of how badly he could potentially hurt me if I let myself give in. Should I let go? The question echoed in my head as I grabbed my school bag and pulled out my notebooks. Should I give in?
♠ ♠ ♠
I got bored today, so I watched Straight to DVD and got inspired to make this. It's too funny.

Anyway, I've been seriously slacking on my other stories, so I told myself I'd have to update those before I updated this again... so hopefully see you soon! Also, I'd LOVE it if you all commented... just saying. Hint hint.