Build God, Then We'll Talk

o7

Have you ever just completely forgotten something? You remember the events leading up to most of the things, but then suddenly it's just blank - like it never even happened. You're in a crowded room one minute with a bunch of people, every one of them with either some kind of drug or alcoholic beverage in their hand, and then the next minute you're back at home, in your bed, no memory of the night before.

I wouldn't recommend you experience it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Megan had once again convinced me to come out partying with them. Of course, this time it took less persuasion than before. Basically, all she had to do was bring up the memory at how long of a week this had been and how I seemed like I needed to 'cut loose' and have some fun. I figured it wasn't that bad of an idea though, because I actually didn't even see her once at the last party.

I sat in front of the mirror that sat on my floor and followed her instructions to 'look hot' by applying a dark eyeshadow to my top lids, adding a gray on the side to create a sort of smokey eye look. Then I applied a line of eyeliner to my top and bottom lash lines, finishing off with mascara to complete my nighttime look.

I wore my hair long and semi-curly, creating a sexy look that made my make-up pop. The ends of my hair gently touched the top of my chest, where my red v-neck styled top sat, making my boobs look bigger. I wore tight, straight legged pants with a pair of heals to make me look even more irresistible.

As I looked myself over in the mirror, I suddenly felt like I was overdoing it. Thoughts about changing raced around in my head, but were interrupted from a voice coming from my doorway. "Why do girls always take so long to get ready for a party?"

My eyes looked into the mirror which showed everything behind me. Kirby stood there with a crooked smile on his face, smiling at me jokingly. He wore a purple hoody and his regular dark skinny jeans with bright high-tops. As usual, his black hair hung in his face, making him seem dark and mysterious.

"Why do guys always catch girls doing embarrassing things?" I joked back, standing up. "You don't think this is overdoing it, do you?" I asked.

He looked me up and down, pretending to study me intently, which made me laugh. "No, I don't think so. You're probably going to be the only one wearing that many layers," he laughed. "Now come on, let's go."

_ _ _

The house we walked up to was totally different than the first house I had partied at. This one was rather large, but had barely any yard. From through the windows, you could see lights blinking in some rooms, strobe lights in the others, and some with a faint red light. Outside, you could hear every word and every beat that was involved in the music, even though you weren't even inside.

When we walked to the door, we were greeted by two guys who stood behind a bar they had set up outside the door. "Kirby!" one cheered, smiling from ear to ear. "How's it been, man?"

Kirby smiled back and hugged the guy. "It's been rough man," he answered. "How's it on your side of the tracks?"

The guy shrugged. "Same as always, same as always." The guy looked at me and smiled. "Who's your cute little friend, Kirbs?"

Unlike last time, when the heroin boy called me cute, Kirby smiled over at me. "This is Chusettes. She's new in town," he said, looking back at the boy.

"Well, you know the routine for the cute new girls!" he laughed, looking over at his friend. "Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot!" They both laughed and high fived each other, then the more quiet one reached underneath the bar and grabbed out multiple bottles and started pouring them into a shot glass. Once he had finished, I realized why it was named Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shot - it actually looked like a Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

"Bottoms up!" the boy cheered, passing the shot over to me. I looked at Kirby who gave me half a smile and nodded toward the shot glass. I smiled back at him, and tipped the glass up, swallowing it all. My throat started burning, and as I brought the glass away, everyone laughed as I started coughing. "Shot virginity is taken!" the boy laughed.

Kirby smiled at me and grabbed my arm, leading me through the door of the house. The music hit my like a fifty-foot tall wave. Everyone around me was dancing wildly, some jumping up and down repeatedly, some shaking there heads from side to side, and some just shaking their entire bodies from side to side.

"Everyone seems so happy," I yelled to Kirby over the music. Kirby simply smiled back. "Where's Megan?" I wondered out loud.

Kirby looked at me, his eyes hesitant. He licked his lip then leaned in to talk into my ear. "I'll go get us some drinks." Part of me wanted to protest and make him stay with me, whether it be for the fact that I was scared of this party of for the fact that he was the only one here I knew, but part of me wanted to go find Megan.

I nodded. "I'll look for Megan."

Kirby shook his head. "Don't," he said, his voice strict and hard. "Just stand right here and don't move," he warned. I nodded and he smiled faintly at me and pushed his way through the crowd. I looked around me at all the people who had drinks in their hands, carelessly spilling them all over. I wondered if they were so careless because they were having fun, or if they were just on drugs. I didn't really remember my heroine trip, so I couldn't exactly answer my own question.

"Here," Kirby said, handing me a drink as he took a sip of his own.

"What is it?" I asked, stirring the liquid around by moving it in a circle.

"Vodka," he said with a smile. When I wrinkled my nose, he started laughed. "But if you can't handle it, I guess I could get you something more girly," he teased.

"Can't handle it?" I asked. Trying to show off, I tipped the cup up and chugged the entire glass, pushing away the burning sensation is caused throughout my entire body.

I finished it and hid the pain on my face, giving him a triumphant look. "Impressive," he complimented. "I bet I know where we can find Pots and Lee," he said, hooking our arms together and giving me a smile.

_ _ _

We had found Pots and Lee on a couch in one of the rooms, getting high. Kirby had rejected their offer to smoke with them, which made it okay for me to refuse it as well. It reminded me of the first time they had asked me to get high with them, how they thought I was too good for the drugs. I bet their opinions have changed now.

An hour had passed since we had arrived, and suddenly I felt extraordinary. Randomly pulling Kirby up by the hand, I said, "Let's dance," and led him to the dance floor. The music was suddenly louder, but I could tell exactly what was happening in the song. I could hear every time a cymbal was hit, or when the bass drum came in. I could see the music in front of me as I danced, every beat coming in it's one spectrum of color.

I shook my head from side to side, making the colors fly and expand out around me, like a kaleidoscope. Smiling with delight at what the movement did, I decided to shake my body. This made the colors bounce and form around the objects in the room. I jumped into the air, hitting the ground when the bass hit, making all the objects with color on his bounce into the air as well.

I turned around as the colors hit the walls and exploded. The room went from green, to purple, to orange, to red, and other various colors of the rainbow as the songs changed and played louder and louder, with more vibe and fury than the last. I turned back around and looked at Kirby, who's skin was entirely blue. "Kirby, why are you so blue?" I laughed.

"Maybe I should take you home," he yelled over the music.

"No," I said simply.

"Chusettes, please?"

"No, I want to party!" I yelled, raising my arms in the air to touch all the colors that floated above me.

"Anna, please, just let me take you home," he begged, looking genuinely worried.

I laughed as his face turned green. "Kirby, you're green! Is it because you're so jealous of me having an awesome time?"

He shook his head and murmured something I couldn't hear over the music. "Come on, let's go," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me through the party.

Everything around me turned red as I jumped up and down. "No, Kirby! Party, party, party!" Suddenly, nothing mattered except for me partying. I was stuck on one subject, and one subject only. It was like my brained was only programed to focus on having fun and playing with all of the wonderful colors that seemed to make everything so much fun.

"No, you're going home," he said as we walked out the door. "See ya, man," he called to the boy still standing behind the bar.

Suddenly, I was extremely tired. "Oh," the boy from behind the bar said. "Looks like cutie got a party favor."

"They had LSD?" Kirby said, stopping in his tracks. I fell into his arms, pressing my head against his chest like a child.

"Yeah," the boy said. "They put LSD drops into random drinks," he turned the conversation to me. "Have you been seeing colors, beautiful?"

"Yes!" I screamed, excited. "Blues, and reds, and greens, and pinks, and - oh, Kirby, can't we just go back in for a minute?"

Kirby shook his head and started walking me back to his car. "Nope, you're going home and into bed."

He stayed with me that night, listening to me ramble on and on about the colors and how they were running down the walls and making everything move and transform. I was saddened, though, when I woke up and he wasn't there anymore.

- - - - - - - - - -

Staring up at the ceiling, I was impressed that I could even remember that much. I had used LSD so much that the memories only came back sometimes; other times they were black holes. Turning on my side, I tried forgetting the memories and focused on clawing the wallpaper off of the hideous wall.