Heaven Help You

Voice of Reason

When he woke up, she was still there. He didn't understand it. He had told her to leave. And yet, she sat there, eyes closed in sleep. She looked like an angel. His angel. Jonathon lay on his side simply watching her so sweet in her sleep. It was almost tempting to reach out and touch her. He didn't deserve it though. He knew that for a fact. He never deserved touch. He longed for it, needed it, but he didn't deserve it. He wondered if this angel understood that. Did she? Or did she think he was something else? She must. She must think him some being worthy of life and love and touch. It wasn't true, but to have someone who thought that...it was truly precious.

What if you hurt her?

The thought was jarring. He couldn't hurt her. He would never hurt her. She was too precious. She was too sweet. She had to be protected. She had to be cared for and loved. She had to be adored and cherished.

Isn't that what you said the last time?

A small whimper escaped his lips. He had failed. He had done the opposite of what he had vowed to do. He had hurt her. HE had done more than just hurt her. He had killed her. That sin would haunt him. It would always be a dark memory that would remind him that he needed to be dead. He needed to be sent to hell. He curled up into a tight ball, his eyes flicking down to the dark space between his limbs.

Yes, you see now don't you? You failed once, but you still have the doctor. Go to him. Use him. Bend him. He'll make sure you die right.

He knew that the voice was right. He didn't want to think about it, but he knew that it was right. For a little while he could pretend, to dream, that he might have her one day. Those dreams would give him a comfort as he worked towards the goal that had had failed to obtain only hours before.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so many possible ideas for this story! I don't know how it's going to end though. I still have to choose an ending. No matter what happens, I hope you enjoy it.