I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

Pissing Off the English

*Reyna POV*

“Wake up Reyna!” cried a voice from above me as light pierced the peace of my sleep.

“What the heck?” I said sleepily sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I looked over to find Sylwia and Sarah standing in the middle of my hotel room. “What are you doing here?”

“Well hello to you too,” Sylwia grinned sitting on the edge of the bed as I looked around the room. Lukas wasn’t there.

“Where’s Lukas?” I asked pushing back my tangled hair.

“Lukas and the team went for a special pep talk and last minute training before heading to the stadium,” Sarah explained. I sighed and remembered Lukas talking about that last night.I wouldn’t see him until the game around three. “So you're stuck with us till then.”

“What time is it?” I asked.

“About nine,” Sarah answered.

“Why in the world did you wake me up for?” I grumbled laying back down and pulling the warm covers onto of my face to block the sunlight.

“Because we thought that you might like to see England and the sights,” Sarah said as the two women pulled the covers off of me and held them out of reach.

“You two are evil,” I said but couldn’t help smiling.

“We know,” Sylwia grinned, bouncing on my bed. “Now get up.” I make a face and then did as they suggested. I had never been to England and would love to go out and see Big Ben and the Tower of London. I came out of the bathroom wearing a yellow t-shirt and white jeans. I was in the process of putting on my Channel heels when Sylwia distracted me.

“Did you and Lukas have a fight?” she asked.

“No,” I asked frowning. “Why?”

“Because his pillow is on the couch and only one side of the bed was used,” Sylwia said. I swallowed back my panic and tried not to make myself look guilty. Sarah, who had been sitting behind Sylwia throwing pop corn into her mouth, missed and was hit in the eye instead.

“Bec--Because…well,” I looked over at Sarah but she shrugged, indicating that I was on my own. “Lukas is…superstitious,” I finished lamely.

“Superstitious?” Sylwia repeated. Why not? I thought. It had been the first thing that had come out of my mouth and I had to roll with it.

“Yes. Whenever it’s an important game he has a thing about not sleeping in the same bed as me. I know it’s stupid and I tried to talk him out of it but he insisted,” I sighed to make it look like it was an annoying fact. “But you won’t tell anyone right? Lukas would kill me.”

“The secret is safe with me,” Sylwia responded obviously believing the lie. “I never took Lukas for a superstitious guy.”

“Well we better get going, don’t want to keep Simone waiting,” Sarah interjected as she ushered us out of the room. I grabbed my sunglasses and purse before closing the door.

“Lukas is superstitious?” Sarah whispered when Sylwia was a few feet in front of us.

“It was the best thing I could come up with,” I hissed.

“I can’t wait to see Lukas’ face when you tell him that one,” Sarah smiled widely. I elbowed her and she laughed as we all got in the elevator.

“Who’s Simone?” I asked when we walked out into the lobby.

“Michael Ballack’s wife,” Sylwia answered. “She’s going to be our guide since she’s been in London many times.”

“There she is,” Sarah said. “Simone!” Sarah and Sylwia rushed over to the side of a pretty woman wearing jeans and a red top. She smiled when she saw the two women and gave them a kiss on each cheek in greeting.

“How are the kids?” Sarah asked.

“Good, they're at home with my mom,” Simone responded and then turned her attention to me. “This must be Reyna.” She smiled widely and enveloped me into a huge hug. “I’ve looked forward to meeting the woman that had my husband tripping over his words.”

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I responded with a blush.

She held me out before her and took a long look at me, “Lukas has finally done well for himself. I must say that his taste in women has gone up since the last time I saw him.”

“That’s what I thought too,” Sylwia added.

“Let’s get going. The boys’ game won’t give us a lot of time,” Simone said as she wrapped her arm around mine. We all exited the hotel and I was happy to find that the paparazzi were not waiting outside as they had all gone to the stadium to await the game and hopefully snap pictures of the guys.

“So what do you girls want to see first?” Simone asked as we walked down a beautiful little street overlooking a park.

“Don’t know,” answered Sarah.

“What do you suggest?” I asked.

“Well, we could go to the House of Parliament. It pretty close from here,” Simone responded.

“That sounds fun,” Sarah said.

“Do you think we could go to the Tower of London?” I asked. I had always read book about the English monarchs to better write my stories and there had been a period of time when Anne Boleyn, the ill fated second wife of King Henry VIII, had fascinated me. I couldn’t pass up the chance of seeing the Tower.

“What’s so great about the Tower?” asked Sylwia, clearly bored at the prospect of going there. “A whole bunch of people were prisoners there, big deal.”

“Well it’s not only that,” I replied. “The Crown Jewels are there.”

“Jewels?” Sylwia repeated intrigued. “How big?”
“Huge,” I said. Her wicked smile said that she was fine with going there. We all laughed as we headed for the House of Parliament. Soon we were all chatting eagerly. The girls wanted to know how things were with Simone since they hadn’t seen her in a while. Simone answered their questions and then asked basic questions about me and Lukas. I had to say that lying was getting harder everyday. I felt horrible for deceiving the people around me that I now considered my friends but I had to do it. After a while we moved away from my marriage to Lukas and talked about general topics. Simone was a charismatic and witty women that had us all laughing in minutes. Soon we arrived at the beautiful monument build in the Gothic style. I turned and glanced at Big Ben, not believing that I was here. Not long ago I had only ever traveled in the US and now here I was, traveling from Germany to England.

“Do you guys want to go inside?” Simone asked.

“I think we’re fine just having seen it,” I said eyeing the huge crowd. Besides, the Tower was what I was really interested in and it was soon approaching lunchtime. I also knew that we didn’t have a huge amount of time before we had to make our way to the stadium and the girls looked like they wanted to get some shopping in.

“Well the least we can do is take a picture,” Sarah said rummaging through her huge purse for a few seconds before holding out a camera triumphantly. “Excuse me,” Sarah flagging a young man walking by. “Do you think you could take our picture?” Sarah fluttering her eyelashes and gave the man a warm smile. I didn’t think it was necessary since he was already shocked to be asked by a tall, blond beauty like Sarah. The man nodded weakly and Sarah walk back to the three of us. We positioned ourselves with Big Ben in the background and got close, smiling widely. The man snapped the picture before handing the camera back to Sarah. “Thank you so much,” Sarah said showing her perfect teeth as she smiled, laying her hand on the man’s shoulder. Again the man was totally flabbergasted and couldonly nod before stuffing his hands in his pocket and rushing away.

“Was that really necessary?” I asked.

“What?” Sarah replied innocently.

“You know what,” Sylwia said threading her arms through mine as we went to get a taxi to take us to the Tower of London.

“Well excuse me for wanting to know if I still got it,” Sarah said. “Sometimes it’s good to flirt just to see if men are still as gullible as ever when presented with women’s charms.”

“I’m so telling Bastian,” I teased as we all laughed.

*Lukas POV*

“So how was your quiet night in?” Michael said as we walked around the field. Since the game would start in a few hours the coach was pushing us but not too much.

“'Quiet' being the key word here,” added Torsten Frings.

“Why must we always discuss my sex life?” I shook my head.

“We're men, what else is there to talk about? Excluding football of course” butted Clemens Fritz. “I had the room next to yours and I heard nothing.”

“Well excuse me if I don’t want the whole hotel hearing me and Reyna have sex,” I said as we turned the corner of the field. I was referring to the time in Lisbon when Clemens had brought a certain lady into his room and the whole hotel had heard the screams of passion from that room. It had been pretty gross to hear.

“Whatever man. But seriously, I didn’t hear one peep. Are you already bored with her?” Clemens asked.

“What kind of question is that?!” Bastian shot Clemens. Boredom was most definitely not the problem. The lack of it was more like it. Every time I was around Reyna I wanted to grab her and kiss her. That urge had slowly been growing inside me and there seemed to be no remedy for it. I just wanted to be near her. Being in the same room as her was calming and managed to make my heart swell in happiness. Especially when she directed her almond shaped eyes my way with that special look, like I was the only one that mattered. Reyna was burying herself deep into my heart. I wanted to be with her, protect her from the pain of the world, and revel in her joy.

“No, I don’t think it’s that,” Michael said glancing at me. I swore that I saw a strange look in his eye before Torsten turned my attention back to him.

“You know Luky that if you ever need advice we’re here for you,” He smirked as the rest of the guys snickered. “I am the master after all.”

“Right,” I said. “The master of getting gay guys to fall for you.”

“Ooooo,” Bastian howled thumping Torsten on the back.

“You are such an ass,” Torsten mumbled.

“Come on now, he was a pretty handsome man I guess,” I said grinning as I remembered Torsten’s face when a man had tried to pick him up. Classic. So wish that I had had my camera at that moment.

“Bring it in guys,” Loew called us, saving Torsten the need to answer. He did, however, give us a glare. “I want you to go inside and grab a bit of lunch but make it light.” We all knew this but let him say it anyway. We jogged inside and had a bite to eat as we discussed our competition. Michael, Bastian, Philipp, Torsten, and I were sitting together.

“Philipp you really need to contain Rooney today. He’s been in excellent form this year so watch his back,” Michael said as he took a bite of his apple. “Torsten, just keep the midfield together and strong. Lampard and Gerrard are going to want to take over that area so don’t let them.”

“Easy for you to say,” Torsten said taking a swing of water. “Those guys make me break out in sweat out there. Not easy to keep up with them.”
“You have to,” was all Michael said. “Bastian…” I heard Michael drone on about the English team but I wasn’t paying any attention. I knew that he would most likely repeat the whole thing over again before we got on the field. I would wait till then to listen. Right now I wanted to mentally prepare myself, something I liked to do before a game. I relaxed my muscles and let my worries and thoughts slip away. Concentrating only on the need to make my country proud, my team mates proud, and of course Reyna proud. As soon as I thought of her I knew that I could not lose. Whenever I played with her watching the need -- the burning desire-- to have her be impressed with me made me work extra hard on the field. I dipped my head and looked down at my piece of toast smiling to myself. England had no chance.

*Reyna POV*

I got out of the shower later that night and quickly dried my body as I thought of my day. The girls and I had visited the Tower for about an two hours.I had been overwhelmed with the feeling of being in the place where so many historical figures had been held. Simone had teased me about the look of my face but I had laughed with them. I didn’t mind, I was a history buff and wasn’t ashamed of it. Sylwia had been hilarious when she had seen the Crown Jewels. Her eyes had gotten so big I thought they were going to roll out of her face, her mouth had made a huge O and we weren’t able to pull her away from them until fifteen minutes later. After that we had gone to eat a nice meal at a local restaurant. Unfortunately, that was when some of the paparazzi had caught up with us. It was strange that I had learned to partially ignore them by now but I felt better when Lukas was with me, he knew how to handle them. Then we had spent the remainder of our time shopping. I found a beautiful party dress that matched the shoes that Lukas had bought me the day before. I had hesitated at first but the girls finally convinced me to buy it. It was a good thing too because Germany had triumphed over England, winning 3-0. Lukas had had a hand in two of the goals and scored the last one. He and the whole team were in a great mood and had decided to go out to the club. I normally wouldn’t have wanted to go, it not being my scene, but tonight I was feeling adventurous. It was all Lukas’ fault, I had no idea what he was doing to me. When I was done blow drying my hair and styling it so that it was curled, I slipped into my dress just as there was a knock on the door of the bathroom.

“Come in,” I said. Lukas opened the door and I say his blue eyes widen.

“Damn Reyna,” he smiled entering the small bathroom. He was wearing dark pants and a blue shirt that was open at the collar to catch a glimpse of his perfect body. My heart hammered against my chest as his tall frame engulfed the tiny space. “You look beautiful.”

“Thanks,” I blushed. “Do you think you could help with the zipper?”
“Sure,” Lukas replied as I turned around to present him with my bare back. I felt his warm fingertips briefly touch my skin. It was so fast that I thought I had imagined it before he zipped the dress up. “There you go.”

“Thank you,” I said turning back to the mirror, glad that there was no sign of my inner struggle of throwing myself onto Lukas written on my face. I took out my make-up as Lukas came beside me by the sink. There was so little room that our shoulders were touching. “What are you doing in here?”

“I need to style my hair,” he grinned at me as he pushed me a bit to the side.

“Well I was here first,” I said trying not to laugh at our nine year all behavior as I pushed him right back.

“That’s because you cheated,” Lukas said getting the gel and squeezed some out.

“Really? How so?” I challenged.

“Well I had to stay at the stadium and you got to come here first,” he responded running his hands though his hair and making it look even better then before.

“Whatever,” I said a small smile on my face. As I applied my eye shadow, Lukas finished and moved back to stand against the wall watching me.

When I was almost finished and was putting on some gloss I finally asked, “What are you looking at?”

“You,” Lukas responded meeting my eyes through the mirror.

“Yes I know. Why?”

“Because I’ve never seen a woman put on make up before,” Lukas said his eyes twinkling. “It is a rigorous process.”

I chuckled, “So now you won’t complain that it takes me too long to get ready?”
“Oh no, I’ll complain,” Lukas grinned. “But I’ll appreciate the time you take to get all beautiful for me.”

“I do not do this for you,” I said turning back and hitting him playfully in the arm.

“But you do,” he smirked moving beyond my reach. “I have that affect on women.”

“Why you egot--.”

“Hold that thought,” he said holding up his hands as he went to answer the knock on our hotel door.

“What is taking so long?!” groaned several male voices.

“Women just take forever to get ready,” said a voice that I recognized as Michael.

“And Bastian,” chuckled an unfamiliar voice. “He’s such a woman.” I finished with my make-up, put my new heals on, and exited the bathroom to find my room full of male footballers.

“Hello guys,” I said to make my presence know. They all stopped their grumbling and looked up.A few I had meet but others I had only seen on the TV.

“Shit man,” swore the man with the unfamiliar voice. “How the hell did you get such a fine woman?”

“Torsten,” Lukas warned as the man approached me.

“If only we had meet first,”Torsten signed taking my hand and giving it a kiss. “I could have saved you from having to marry Luky here.”

I laughed at his teasing, “It’s nice to meet you too Torsten.”

“Ohhh, the angel speaks!” he said dramatically. Lukas made his way to me and dislodged my hand from Torsten’s grip.

“You are so full of shit,” Lukas told his friend.

“Not shit, charm,” Torsten said.

“Charm my ass,” said Philip from his seat on the bed.

“Hey are we going to go?” came Sarah’s voice from the door. She was standing next to Bastian and there looked to be a few more people in the hallway waiting.

“Look who it is,” said Michael. “Find your outfit alright Bastian?” Bastian's reply was giving his teammates the finger as they burst into laughter.

“Let’s go guys!” cried Torsten. “Time to piss off some English with our partying!”

*Lukas POV*

We entered the English Club and had it overrun in a matter of minutes. Literally everywhere you turned there was a German player there. I could tell that we were pissing of some of the die hard English football fans with our celibration while others were still fans and stared at us in awe. Some of the women were wasting no time in trying to seduce some of the my teammates. I strolled in with my arm draped over Reyna’s shoulder and feeling like the luckiest guy in the club. She looked gorgeous in her turquoise dress with silver beading. The length showed off her long legs and the cut gave me a tantalizing view of what I was missing. We walked over to the bar and sat with Bastian, Sarah, Torsten, Simone, and Michael. I didn’t let go of Reyna as i took a seat, enjoying the excuse of having to hold her. We talked about the game and what the girls had done today. I couldn’t help glancing at Reyna every once in a while and even caught her watching me at one point.

“You guys are going to make me puke,” Torsten declared.

“What’s your problem now?” I asked bringing a beer to my lips.

“You two are,” he said pointing at me and Reyna. “You keep giving each other lovey dovey faces, it’s so gross!”

“Don’t be jealous Torsten,” Reyna said flashing him a smile as she leaned across the table and took his hand. “There’s someone checking you out.”

“Really?” Torsten said looking intrigued. Even if he did have a wife and two kids the man was the biggest flirt on Earth, although we all knew he would never cheat. “Where?”

“At the bar, green shirt,” Reyna said biting her lip to keep from grinning. We all turned to find that there was indeed someone checking Torsten out…a man. All of us burst into laughter and clapped a red Torsten on the back. I looked over at Reyna to find her eyes full of mischief, my god she look beautiful.

“Why does that always happen to me?” Torsten asked shaking his head.

“I guess you have what makes the gay men go crazy,” smirked Simone.

“You should go talk to him,” Bastian said.

“I am going to beat you all up,” Torsten declared.

“You could probably get a free drink from him,” Michael pointed out.

“Don’t worry, we won’t tell Petra,” I said crossing my heart with my finger. Sylwia made her way over to our table and sat down next to Reyna as her man talked to Philipp.

“You’re the one to talk Lukas,” Torsten said crossing his arms over his chest with payback in his eyes. “At least I get some ass at night.” He then turned to Reyna. “Is he not good enough? I would have thought he knew how to make you scream with pleasure at night but nope, I heard nothing out of your room last evening.” Reyna turned a bright pink and I wanted to hit Torsten. Why the hell did they always have to talk about my sex life?!

“Torsten---,” I started but was interrupted.

“He’s superstition you moron,” Sylwia said but then clamped her hand over her mouth and looked to Reyna and me in horror. “Oh my god I’m so sorry.” What the hell is she talking about? I thought frowning. I looked over to see that there was a bit of panic in Reyna’s eyes but her outward appearance looked calm.

“I’m so sorry to have told her Lukas,” Reyna said suddenly turning to me and placing her hand on my chest. “I had to tell her about how you hate to sleep in the same bed with me on days when you have a game because Sylwia thought we had an argument and I didn’t want her to worry.” She lowered her eyes like she was scared about me reaction. “I hope you’re not mad at me.” I bit the inside of my cheeks from bursting out in laughter. My, my what a little actress she was.

“It’s okay Reyna,” I said getting that I needed to play along. When she meet my eyes she nodded slightly seeing in my gaze that I wanted an explanation later.

“Since when are you sup----?” Bastian started to blurt out but Sarah elbowed him subtly in the stomach. Bastian realized it was a trick and quickly said, “Sarah want to dance?” His girlfriend nodded and they moved to the dance floor.

“I didn’t know you were superstitious,” Torsten said cocking his head to the side in curiosity.

“Are you like weird about black cats and broken mirrors?” asked Michael.

“Let’s dance Reyna,” I said as I ignored my friends. For once she knew that we needed to make a quick getaway and that dancing was the only way out. She started to climb out of the booth with me right behind her.

“Hey wait Lukas,” Torsten cried as I took Reyna’s hand and headed to the dance floor. “What about---.”

“Later,” I yelled back as we made our escape. I caught Reyna’s eye, “You have some explaining to do when we get back to the hotel.” As I was turning I thought I caught a glimpse of Monika. For one heartbeat I saw the perfect blond hair, blue eyes flashing in anger, and her plump red lips turned down in a frown. When I bumped into someone my eyes went to them for a second as I apologized. I looked back up and she was gone, I shook my head to rid myself of thoughts of my ex-girlfriend. She couldn’t be here, yet why would I imagine that viper? The feel of a gentle hand on my bicep made my attention turn back to the woman in front of me.

“Lukas I don’t know what to do,” Reyna whispered to me with a slight blush. She was so close to me that I could smell the lilac in her shampoo.

“Yes you do,” I said pulling her closer to me as Lovegame by Lady Gaga started to play. “Your dancing is what first drew me to you.” Reyna looked up at me with her breathtaking violet eyes. Would I ever get over the sight of her expressive purple eyes?

“Well I was drunk at the moment,” she hissed as we moved from side to side.

“We can order a beer if you’d like,” I teased.

“You are infuriating,” she grumbled as she began to sway her hips in time to the music.

“And you are intoxicating,” I said as I turned her around and pressed her back against my body. I thought I heard her gasp as I placed my hand on her curvy waist and we grinded together. The graceful and sensual way in which she moved had me wishing I could take her right then and there on the dance floor. I slipped one of my hands over her stomach and held the other up in the air as we took it to the floor. Reyna moved her hand on my thigh to keep her balance and I could hear her laugh in joy. My own mouth turned upwards at that sound. I wanted to hear it everyday. I wanted to be the one responsible for that sweet sound.

*Monika’s POV*

I glared at my man with his arms around his slut. I couldn’t believe that Lukas had turned to that filthy American! What was her name anyway? Renee? Rea? Rebecca? Who cares? I thought bitterly as I watched the object of my vengeance laugh. What did Lukas see in her? She was a fat foreigner trying to get to his money. Didn’t he see that?

“Hey there luv,” said a handsome British man.

“Get lost,” I snapped. He left with his tail tucked between his legs. Little boy, I thought. I need a man! My eyes followed Lukas as a slow song began to play. I need Lukas Podolski, I thought. There must be a reason why he got married to that American. Maybe she was blackmailing him. There was no other explanation for her sudden appearance and marriage. Lukas hadn’t even mentioned her when we had been dating. There was something that just didn’t fit into all this. The American bitch just seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

I will figure this out, I vowed sinking into the shadows. I will find what you are hiding Renee and then get my Lukas back!
♠ ♠ ♠
--- Title is not meant to offend anyone from England, i love you guys lol.
--Oooo, a point of view of the ex!!! Trouble is coming...
---Hope you like it! Please comment=)