Status: Comments = Updates <3

Love's Illusions

Chapter 3: Sky Writers and Cigarettes

Tom just laid there on his bed, staring up at the ceiling with a very blank look on his face. What the hell did he have to do to get Bill's attention?!

He'd done things for him that people can only dream of or that only happen in movies, and yet Bill still hated him. What was he doing wrong?

He'd do anything to be able to hold that emo angel in his arms. He wanted Bill to be his boyfriend. He wanted to hold his hand and kiss his neck without receiving a painful kick to the groin.

And yet with every attempt to woo him, he'd get rejected. But why? What was he doing wrong?

“Dammit Bill, why must you be so fucking complicated?!” he shouted which was followed by a deep sigh.

“Master Kaulitz? Is everything alright?”

Tom looked up to see one his family's many maids standing in the doorway. What was her name again? Elaine? Alana? Alexandra? Fuck.

“...can I ask you something...”

“Rachel.” she stated with a nod.

“Wow. I was way off.” he thought.

“Yeah. Rachel can I ask you something?” he questioned, propping himself up with an elbow.

“Of course Mr. Kaulitz. What is it sir?”

“What's wrong with me? Am I repulsive, or am I completely insane?” he asked, getting horribly frustrated.

“I'm afraid I don't understand sir.” she replied.

“Ugh. I've been trying to get this person to go out with me for two years, and I keep getting rejected. What the hell am I doing wrong? I named a fucking island after them! What does a guy have to do?” he explained, flopping back onto his back, hanging his head over the side.

“Oh. So it's a girl problem?”

“Boy problem.”

“Oh. Please explain.”

“But...something’s different about him. Something...I dunno just something. I can't even explain it. I've done everything humanly possible to get him to like me, and yet he still kicks me in the nuts twice a week! What should I do?” he moaned.

“You should simply stop trying so hard.” she replied.

“...you say what now?”

“Well, this boy obviously isn't impressed by your money, power, or looks, so stop using those tactics. Invite him to go on a walk or something. Go to the movies or a simple dinner. Don't involve limos, private jets, million dollar gifts or imported goods from France or anything. Talk to him about stuff that he likes. Get to know him better. See what you have in common. Don't push him into liking you and most certainly don't buy his love. Just act as if you weren't an heir to a fortune. Act like you made all you money by getting minimum wage from working in a music store. If you impress him, then you impress him. Just don't try so hard sir.” she explained.

“You think that will work?” Tom asked, quirking a brow.

“It's worth a shot sir. A relationship should never be founded on fortune.” she smiled politely, before exiting the room.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bill had had a surprisingly calm morning. So far he hadn't gotten any bouquets of roses, any notes written in the sky by a sky writer, or any slaps to the ass, so he was in a particularly good mood.

He slipped into his chair in the first class of the day, Math. Pulling out his math book, calculator, scratch paper, and a pencil, he waited for the first bell to ring.

Slowly fellow students piled into the small classroom, taking their seats as well. But Tom was none of those students, which only brightened Bill's day further. “Maybe he's sick today.” he thought cheerfully.

“Bill?”

Bill looked up from his cell phone as he sent a text to Andreas before class started, to find the five foot pixie that was Evelyn.

“Yeah?” he asked, quirking a brow.

“Here, this is for you. Tom told me to give it to you since he’d be late.” She smiled, happily handing him a red envelope with a card inside.

“…um…thanks Evelyn?”

“No problem. Just promise me that if it’s another thousand dollar gift card to “Sugars and Sweets”, you’ll buy me a box of jellybeans.” She giggled before skipping off to her own seat across the room.

Bill smiled at her and nodded, before looking back down at the envelope with a sigh. “What’d ya get me this time Tom?” he sighed, as he carefully ripped open the paper.
He was both surprised and relieved when all he found was a card, and was even more surprised when no money or gift certificates slid out of it.

He hesitantly opened the card, a bit nervous to see what was written on the inside, but was confused to what he found.

"Billa, I know reading this is probably the last thing you wanna be doing right now, but I need to talk to you. Or…write to you um- ah fuck you get my point! Anyway, I recently realized that nothing I’ve been doing has even put a dent in getting you to like me, and I admit I’m really frustrated. I really like you and it’s sad that it’s taken me this long to realize that I can’t buy you over. Obviously you aren’t impressed with my money, or my power, or my devilishly good looks or anything, so I’ve been up all night trying to think of what would impress you. Truth be told…I’ve got nothing. But I won’t stop trying! All I’m asking for is one chance. It doesn’t even have to be a “date”. We could just go somewhere to hang out as friends. Let me take you to get those jeans you want this Friday. I won’t try anything, I promise. I’ll be good, just give me a chance. Maybe you’d actually grow to like me."

~Tomi <3

“I think you should give him a chance.”

Bill nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the statement. He held his hand dramatically over his heart as he tried to regain his pulse.

“Ryan what the hell?! You scared the shit outta me!” he screamed at his classmate who was standing right behind him.

“Sorry. But I think you should. He seems serious. Give it a shot. What’s the worst thing that could happen?” Ryan replied as he took his seat next to Bill.

“I get raped in a dressing room.”

“He may be a whore, but he wouldn’t stoop that low Bill. Do it for Andreas. I know he wants you to at least try.”

“…fine. But I’m not doing it because I want to. It’s for Andi.” He stated.

“Whatever you say Bill. Whatever you say.”

- - - - - - - - - -

“I cannot believe I’m doing this.” Bill groaned as he stared at his black and white, zebra striped phone.

“Do it Bill. For me.” Andreas pouted, quivering his lip.

“…I hate you.” He growled as he flipped it open and began to text.

-“Tom?”

-“Billa?”

-“Yeah. Hey.”

-“…Hey…”

-“I got your card.”

-“Really?! So will you?”

-“…yeah. But it’s NOT a date. You’ll just drive me to the mall, I’ll get my jeans, and then you’ll take me home. No dinner, no dancing, no movies, no handholding, and certainly no kissing!”

-“GREAT! Thank-you so much Bill! You won’t regret it! I know you’ll have fun!”

-“Yeah yeah yeah. Don’t get your hopes up buddy. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

-“Yeah. See you tomorrow Billa. <3”

“…there. I have now officially made plans to hang out with the devil!” Billa announced.

“Oh come on. Maybe you’ll have fun.”

“It’ll be about as much fun as running out of make-up on prom night.” He muttered before falling back onto a mountain of pillows.

- - - - - - - - - -

It was Friday to Bill’s dismay. The school day had gone by horribly fast, and he was not happy about that. Seven and a half hours felt a lot like twenty minutes. To make matters worse, he’d gotten a text from Tom minutes earlier telling him to wait in front of the school so he could drive him to the mall. He was ten minutes late already!

Bill let out an annoyed sigh, reaching into his bag to pull out his cigarettes. He placed one between his lips and fished out a lighter so he could get his daily dose of nicotine.

A few drags later he was feeling slightly less nervous. Oh what would he do without his beloved cancer sticks?

Finally, he saw a baggy clothed teenager jog up to his side.

“I’m so sorry I’m late. Mrs. Neil hates me!” Tom apologized.

“No problem. Let’s just get this over with.” Bill sighed, blowing a puff of smoke before dabbing the bud out against the brick wall.

“Okay. Let’s go.”

“That’s weird. He didn’t smirk or put his arm around my waist.” Bill thought questioningly as Tom led him to his car across the lot.

The beginning of the car ride was pretty awkward. Pure silence washed over the two teens, only the hum of the car’s engine was heard.

“Bill…can I ask you something?” Tom asked.

“If it’s how big I am, no.” he growled.

“No, you can share that whenever you like though. I was just wondering why you always reject me.” Tom chuckled.

“Because you’re an ass.”

“I need a bit of a better description Billa.”

“…I guess because I know I can’t trust you.”

“I told you I won’t try anything today.”

“Not that Tom. I’ll agree to accept that you’re actually taking the time to tone it down today, and I’ll thank-you for that, but I just can’t trust you in general. I’m not looking for a fling or a one night stand. I’m waiting for my prince charming and I know that it’s not you. You just don’t have the ability to commit.” Bill explained.

“Well you never know.” Tom shrugged, forcing a tender smile.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bill let out a joyous squeal as he ran over and grabbed the purple skinny jeans in his hands. Half price. Two of Bill’s favorite words when it came to his jeans. Tom could only smile at the boy’s excitement.

“It’s sad really.” Bill sighed, staring at the jeans.

“What do you mean it’s sad?” Tom questioned.

“Something so beautiful, made to hold up a guy’s ass and dick.”

Tom laughed as he wondered how the hell he’d managed to say that with a straight face.

“So is this it or do you need to jump for joy over something else?” Tom asked.

“No I think I’m- Oh my God. LIME GREEN SKINNY JEANS!?” Bill screeched as his legs carried him at sonic speed to the rack a few feet away.

“I have died. And gone to heaven. My life. Is complete.” He beamed.

“Psh. And I thought I was overdramatic.” Tom thought.

“How much sugar have you had today exactly?”

“For your information I only had six gummy worms and a tub of ice cream.” Bill stated as he hung the jeans over his arm.

“Oh, only?”

“Yes. Only. Speaking of which, I could go for a smoothie right about now.”

“What happened to no dinner, no dancing, no movies, no handholding, and most certainly no kissing?” Tom smirked as the cashier rang up Bill’s items.

“A smoothie is not considered dinner. A smoothie and a soft pretzel would be.”

“Wait a second. Is Bill Trumper, being NICE to me?!” Tom gasped dramatically, holding his hand to his chest.

“If you get me cotton candy I might even be a little nicer.” He smiled innocently.

“I think you’re actually having fun with me.”

“Don’t push your luck pretty boy. I have a feeling you’ll ruin it by day’s end.”

“You think I’m pretty.” He grinned.

“Shut up.” He nagged as he yanked him out of the store.

- - - - - - - - - -

“I can’t believe you actually did that!” Bill laughed as he took a sip of his strawberry-banana smoothie.

“I still have the scar to prove it!” Tom replied, pointing to his cheek.

Tom had just informed Bill of the time that he, Georg, and Gustav had snuck into the community pool to skinny dip when they were thirteen. As well as how after they’d been caught, a soccer mom had beaten them senseless with her purse.

“Psh. I don’t see anything!”

“Look. Right here!” Tom stated.

Bill scooted closer and gently grabbed Tom’s chin in his hand in hopes of getting a better look. “I see nothing you big baby.” He giggled.

“Well then you’re blind because it’s right in front of you.” Tom replied, sticking out his tongue.

Bill pretended to squint really hard to see the almost invisible scar on Tom’s cheek. “Well what do ya know? There’s actually something there Kaulitz.” Bill lightly traced his manicured nail over the faded scar, cocking his head a bit.

“I told you.” He muttered, but then immediately shut his mouth as his eyes locked on Bill’s. Neither moved a muscle, as their eyes refused to drift from one another. Slowly, ever so slowly, the two boys leaned in, their eye lids closing, as their lips got closer and closer. So close were they that Bill could feel Tom’s warm, moist breath on his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooooooh boy. Please don't kill me! Is da Tomi gonna get Billa kisses, or will someone or something fuck it up???

Kay, here's chappie 3! It was gonna be twice as long, but I figured I'd be mean and give you guys a nice aggravating cliffhanger. >:D

Okay, I'm gonna warn you now. Bill will be slightly bipolar throughout the story. Very mixed emotions about his feelings, as well as his personality, so I hope none of you get too confused.

I just got back from Colorado...at 5 this morning. I'm exhausted, but I don't wanna go to bed. My laptop hasn't been fixed yet, and I'm sad. T.T Sooooo...high ratings, comments, and subscribers could always lift my spirits! ^_^